Don't Quit Your Night Job

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/13/08 at 7:35pm

One is scheduled for my April visit and I'm considering going. I'd love any feedback from those of you that have gone could provide!

TIA

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ashley0139
#2re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/13/08 at 8:42pm

You will never laugh harder.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#2re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/13/08 at 8:44pm

a must see

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#3re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/13/08 at 9:24pm

Absolutely go! You will have so much fun!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#4re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/13/08 at 9:25pm

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#5re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/13/08 at 11:31pm

Worth it. Go by yourself. Go with friends. Go with a blind date.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#6re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/14/08 at 2:24am

GOOOOOO!
That night was one of my favorite nights in New York. Ever.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#7re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/14/08 at 3:02am

...Go with a blind date.

I am hoping I am not the only one who inappropriately thought "Jerry Orbach's eyes" here.

But yeah, ditto, no question, go! In case you need more convincing-
link to reviews of last month's show

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#8re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/14/08 at 7:10am

Is the cast list for the next one up yet? It's on the 24th, right?

dramamama611
#9re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/14/08 at 9:16pm

Yes, the 24th.

No list yet...as of 2 days ago anyway.

And thanks for the encouragement, to go see...I think I'll head on over after SA that night!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#10re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/15/08 at 1:15am

I think it's usually roughly been the weekend before that the cast list is announced- so for example for next week, it should hopefully be the 19th/20th when the list is announced...

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#11re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/17/08 at 1:46pm

Gah... I need to know who is going to be there! I have to decide if I am going to be irresponsible on one of my toughest work weeks of the year and go. I am 90% sure I am going. The cast list should be enough to push me to 100!

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

osage08 Profile Photo
osage08
#12re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/17/08 at 1:56pm

Awsome! I've been wanting to see this for awhile and I can't wait until they release the cast list. $20 admission isn't bad at all but does any know if there is a food/dring minimum at the zipper factory?

"Perhaps, when we remember wars, we should take off our clothes and paint ourselves blue and go on all fours all day long and grunt like pigs." Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#13re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/17/08 at 3:49pm

No food or drink minimum. There is food next door at the tavern and there is a small bar outside of the theatre and a full one at the tavern. There is a walk through between the two. Last month the drinks were BANGING!

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#14re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/19/08 at 3:06am

Last month the drinks were BANGING!
Lol do I know you? I should totally know you! :)

UPDATED:

STEVE ROSEN (Monty Python’s Spamalot, The Farnsworth Invention)
DAVID ROSSMER (Fiddler on the Roof, Titanic)
SARAH SALTZBERG (The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee)
and DAN LIPTON (The Coast of Utopia)

present:
DON'T QUIT YOUR NIGHT JOB
Thursday, April 24th at 11:30 PM
The Zipper Factory (336 W 37th St/9th Ave)
Tickets: $20.00

With Special Guests
DERRICK BASKIN (The Little Mermaid), ANDREA BURNS (In The Heights)
Tony nominee JOHN ELLISON CONLEE (The Full Monty, Pig Farm)
GIBSON FRAZIER (God’s Ear), child actor NOAH GALVIN (Les Misérables)
CHRISTINA GAUSAS (Gravid Water, The Colbert Report)
ASMERET GHEBREMICHAEL (Legally Blonde, Monty Python’s Spamalot)
Tony nominee JONATHAN GROFF (Spring Awakening)
JASON KRAVITS (The Drowsy Chaperone), VASTHY MOMPOINT (Mary Poppins)
MAURICE MURPHY (The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee)
Tony winner JULIE WHITE (From Up Here, The Little Dog Laughed)
AND MORE!!

DON’T QUIT YOUR NIGHT JOB, the critically
acclaimed comedy variety show featuring a revolving cast of Broadway’s brightest performing without a net, welcomes the Spring at their monthly home The Zipper Factory (336 West 37th Street, between 8th and 9th Avenues) on Thursday, April 24 at 11:30pm. Tickets are $20.00 and proceeds go to benefit Wendy Wasserstein’s TDF/Open Doors program.

Updated On: 4/19/08 at 03:06 AM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#15re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/19/08 at 3:48am

Awsome! I've been wanting to see this for awhile and I can't wait until they release the cast list. $20 admission isn't bad at all but does any know if there is a food/dring minimum at the zipper factory?

The Zipper is an actual theater. It's the one we went to with all the old car seats in it (I don't know if you were atcually with us that day).

I'm really liking the cast list this month. I hope I can go.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#16re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/19/08 at 9:45am

Great lineup!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

dramamama611
#17re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/19/08 at 10:15am

Got my tix! I'm seeing SA that night...will it be a big problem to get to the Zipper afterwards? I was planning to SD, but

How big is the place btw? Are all seats great or get I get stuck with a horrible site line if I don't dash right over after curtain?

Any info greatly appreciated.

THANKS.

dramamama611
#18re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/19/08 at 10:16am

ooops...didn't notice the double post till now.

THANKS.

Updated On: 4/19/08 at 10:16 AM

dramamama611
#19re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/19/08 at 4:06pm

Bump!

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#20re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/19/08 at 4:11pm

I also heard Lin Manuel will be a guest...

The doors (well, black curtain to the seating area) doesn't open until about 11:15, get there by then. There's about 200 seats.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#21re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/19/08 at 4:16pm

It's not that big at all. You should be able to see just fine.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#22re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/19/08 at 4:23pm

I also heard Lin Manuel will be a guest...

...and just when I thought the guest list could not get any better...

broadwaybaby086
#23re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/19/08 at 5:02pm

Are you kidding me? They've outdone themselves this time. I'd better get a ticket before the SA-ers flock.

JULIE WHITE!

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#24re: Don't Quit Your Night Job
Posted: 4/19/08 at 6:04pm

Don't worry Broadwaybaby...it's on a school night and probably past their bedtime.