pixeltracker

Theatre performers with Facebook?

Theatre performers with Facebook?

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#1Theatre performers with Facebook?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 7:33pm

I am doing a project for school about theatre and would love some feedback from some actual performers on Broadway. I know Gavin Creel has a facebook acount, but does anyone know of anyone else? Thanks

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 5/6/08 at 7:36pm

Updated On: 5/6/09 at 07:36 PM

tgn915 Profile Photo
tgn915
#2re: Theatre performers with Facebook?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 7:57pm

I may be wrong, but I think the OP is talking about the personal facebook pages of performers, not their "Become a Fan" page.

Many of them like to keep their fans separate from those they know on facebook but I know Aaron Albano and Stanley Bahorek both encourage fans to add them there. Though, don't expect responses. Actors have lives and other things to do! :)

Call me Travis. :)

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 5/6/08 at 8:00pm

Updated On: 5/6/09 at 08:00 PM

tgn915 Profile Photo
tgn915
#4re: Theatre performers with Facebook?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 8:06pm

I completely agree with you. That's why I only gave the two names of those who encourage and ask for fans to friend them on Facebook.
I hope I didn't offend by making you think I was giving up a bit of their privacy, it's just that those incredibly sweet guys love when fans send them a request.

Call me Travis. :)

jerseyboyschick2 Profile Photo
jerseyboyschick2
#5re: Theatre performers with Facebook?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 8:08pm

Steve Kazee always welcomes new friend requests.

"You will understand that Bww is a forum that allows Theatre people, Fussy old Queens, and chorus boys of Mama Mia to release their everyday life's frustration by being Snarky, B**chy, and sarcastic." -BwayBoundJoe

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 5/6/08 at 8:11pm

Updated On: 5/6/09 at 08:11 PM

SirNotAppearing Profile Photo
SirNotAppearing
#7re: Theatre performers with Facebook?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 8:19pm

I'm friends with Shoshana Bean...and she regularly updates...Barrett Foa is in her Top Friends...so yeah.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#8re: Theatre performers with Facebook?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 8:22pm

there are A LOT of Broadway performers with real personal Facebook accounts.

I don't encourage you friending them as a "fan" or a curious student with a question. the point of friending is if you are FRIENDS with them. or at least have a mutual person.

leave 'em alone! re: Theatre performers with Facebook?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#9re: Theatre performers with Facebook?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 8:36pm

It is true that there are some Broadway performers who use their myspace/facebook pages for both personal and fans/business.

I remember there being a whole thread a long while back about which Broadway performers have a myspace or a facebook and that had a lot of links to both.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#10re: Theatre performers with Facebook?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 8:36pm

You don't need to become friends with them on Facebook, you have the option of just sending them a message and see if they respond. Other than that, you really don't need to friend them then.

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#11re: Theatre performers with Facebook?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 8:45pm

Jill Paice has one, but doesn't really respond. But she does post cool pictures from backstage, etc.! And she will accept "you" as a friend most likely. She did for me, but I sent her a Thankyou note via facebook and she didn't say anything.

Adam Brazier is another WiW alum who is great with his myspace/apparently facebook as well. He is really friendly & nice as well.

And if you're willing to send "snailmail," I asked Lisa Brescia about some Wicked and WiW stuff recently, and she gladly responded to my questions. :)

All three are nice!

Another one who has a facebook but I know doesn't accept friend requests is Ali Ewoldt, who of course is the very talented original Cosette in the Les Mis Revival. There's an example of someone whom we should respect their privacy! :) Updated On: 5/6/08 at 08:45 PM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#12re: Theatre performers with Facebook?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 10:20pm

Sara Ramirez has both Facebook and Myspace. She has links to them on her official website, so yeah, she has them up for fans. I don't think she checks them herself though, but I could be wrong.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

#13re: Theatre performers with Facebook?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 10:41pm

I think Leanne Jones (the UK's Tracy in Hairspray) and Jayne Wisner (Johanna in Sweeney Todd Film, and West End's production of Parade) both have accounts. Leanne Jones friends everyone and posts tons of pictures of hairspray.

lizzie3
#14re: Theatre performers with Facebook?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 4:28pm

ADAM KANTOR, CURRENT MARK ON RENT

Mactor327
#15re: Theatre performers with Facebook?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 4:56pm

Max Crumm has one

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#16re: Theatre performers with Facebook?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 2:10am

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hunter-Foster/10258854548

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

Mattbrain
#17re: Theatre performers with Facebook?
Posted: 5/12/08 at 9:34am

Marla Schaffel, Liz Larsen and Gregg Edelman have Facebooks.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

meredithchandler73
#18replying to fnyboi88...
Posted: 5/12/08 at 10:12am

fnyboi88 - you say in your post to PM you, but it doesn't accept PMs.

I'd say you should see CURTAINS before it closes in June. I think it's a lot of fun and David Hyde Pierce is really great. For your second show, I'd say either AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY. A third choice - it's a tie between SOUTH PACIFIC and GYPSY for me.

Fiyero13
#19replying to fnyboi88...
Posted: 5/12/08 at 11:25am

Most if not all of the cast of spring awakening have facebook accounts

Mattbrain
#20replying to fnyboi88...
Posted: 5/12/08 at 1:07pm

Oh, and I totally mean to boast when I say that I PMed Liz Larsen and not only did she respond...SHE FRIENDED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Videos