Fastest quick changes

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#25re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/12/08 at 9:30pm

It's probably a form of layers, like I said before, they can hide a lot under that dress.

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#26re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/12/08 at 9:55pm

During the LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS revival, Douglass Sills had several very fast costume changes during "The Meek Shall Inherit"

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

skb2010 Profile Photo
skb2010
#27re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/12/08 at 10:17pm

Rosemary has a quick change in H2$ in the middle of "Paris Original"

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I? I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#28re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/12/08 at 10:20pm

A lot of 39 STEPS - in a funny way, of course.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#29re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/12/08 at 10:24pm

"I'd like to know how Glinda gets out of the bubble dress and into the Shiz uniform so quickly, especially since the bubble dress is so massive. "

Me too. And she has to change her wig too.

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#30re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/12/08 at 10:32pm

"I'd like to know how Glinda gets out of the bubble dress and into the Shiz uniform so quickly, especially since the bubble dress is so massive. "

Me too. And she has to change her wig too.

same here but my cousin took me backstage and g(a)linda has her own quick change room which is the elevator staff off of stage left about 10-20 feet away from the stage. they already have every costume piece number by the music number in the show.

Mattbrain
#31re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/12/08 at 10:38pm

"Not really, They actually showed that change on the MTV showing if I am thinking of the same thing. But are you talking about the sliding down the pole? Because that is two people I believe."

Yeah. And from where I was sitting, I could see the girl hiding on the pole.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#32re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/12/08 at 10:40pm

Tracy and Edna's in "Welcome To The 60s." Tracy changes much faster than Edna, in about 30 seconds. She and Edna have to change their dress, wig, and shoes.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

i*heart*fame
#33re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/12/08 at 10:47pm

The Jersey Girls in Jersey Boys have some ridiculous ones. When I was backstage they showed me something like 40 costumes and 12 wigs and pairs of shoes for each girl. I think that Jennifer Naimo had a really ridiculous one somewhere that didnt involve layering and was 7 seconds.

"Don't thank your parents, if you were raised in a nurturing environment you wouldnt be in show business"--Conan O'Brien at the 2006 Emmy Awards

SweetQintheLights
#34re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/12/08 at 10:55pm

I believe I saw the performers on a cruise from the second link that Drunk Chita Rivera posted.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

Shopping_The_Musical2 Profile Photo
Shopping_The_Musical2
#35re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/12/08 at 11:30pm

One of the quickest was the cast of "Titanic" who first played the 3rd class passengers, then came back and played the 1st class passengers.

Now in its third hit year in San Francisco, "Shopping! The Musical" gives you an evening of music, laughter and shopping..without maxing out your credit card! http://www.shoppingthemusica

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#36re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/12/08 at 11:34pm

Janet in Drowsy

Millie in Thoroughly Modern Millie

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#37re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/12/08 at 11:51pm

Zaza in La Cage when he doing that number where he puts on makeup and wears this barbara cook style dress and then suddenly zam! it turns into another dress. I know how it's done but still... it looks amazing!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#38re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/12/08 at 11:54pm

This is unrelated, but I think of those magic tricks where the magician throws a fringed hoop around a lady and her dress and wig instantly change.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

outdamnwench
#39re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/12/08 at 11:54pm

Elle has 3 pretty quick changes.
The first one is onstage during the opening number.
The second one is during Chip on Your Shoulder where she goes from the bunny outfit to tight jeans in a shirt while in a closet, continuing dialogue.
The third is at the beginning of Legally Blonde Remix where she goes into the closet and comes out 5 seconds later in a pink suit.

lesmis Profile Photo
lesmis
#40re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 6:18am

Sophie in Mamma Mia changing out of her wedding gown and Donna into hers at the end of the show.

luke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
#41re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 6:36am

According to the guiness book of records
I think Our House has the fastest quick change
4 seconds I believe...
I read it a while ago, so it may have changed since
Also i'm only half sure it was Our House

THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#42re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 7:24am

I'd like to know how Glinda gets out of the bubble dress and into the Shiz uniform so quickly, especially since the bubble dress is so massive.

I reckon Shiz skirt+shoes are already on under the bubble skirt, which is separate from the top. Bubble skirt comes off, bubble collar detaches, Shiz jacket goes on over the top of bubble corset, wig is pulled off and thrown on. Not that I think about these things too much, you understand. ^_^

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#43re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 7:30am

The 'Our House' quick change can be seen on the DVD of the show!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#44re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 7:32am

In 42nd Street, in Dames, all the male dancers have two costumes in the number and have something like 8 bars to change from ratty clothes into black tie tuxedos.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#45re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 12:11pm

Outdamnwench,

Elle's changes aren't really that quick. As others have said, the pink dress is underneath the white one and they just pull it off with magnets.

The second one...she has quite some time for that change since she's behind the wall. =

UM. The last one she doesn't change at all. She just takes off her coat. It's not a suit, it's a dress...which is clearly visible under her coat when she walks in (if you're in rush seats).

Gothampc
#46re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 1:14pm

All of you are amateurs! Amateurs I tell ya!!

The fastest quick changes are in The Mystery of Irma Vep. The play only has two actors and it requires each actor to exit the stage, change from a man into a woman or woman into a man, then re-enter on the other side of the stage. Basically the changes are done while the actor is running. And it's not just one change, these changes happen throughout the show.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

DefyGravity777
#47re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 1:50pm

Both Glinda and Elphaba have around 7 seconds to change from the end of the Train Station scene into the beginning of One Short Day.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#48re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 2:52pm

City of Angels - Randy Graff is singing in an office (If I remember correctly), a quick black out, and then she turns up in a bed in a nightgown. In SECONDS...it's the fastest "quick change" I've ever seen accomplished.

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#49re: Fastest quick changes
Posted: 5/13/08 at 2:57pm

BEST ever:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RB-wUgnyGv0

Everyone's probably seen them, but still... pretty kicka$$. (Brandy's expressions are priceless.)