pixeltracker

Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!

Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#1Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 5:40pm

yea i got the cheapest seat. it is last row center of the third Mezz. level but it is FULL VIEW. $154 is not bad for seeing the people who is the reason happiness is in the Dictionary.

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#2re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 5:45pm

AWESOME! GOOD FOR YOU!!! I'm tickled with envy. It's not a bad view from the Rear Mezz (if you've never been before) Radio City is much wider and yawning than you'd think, and I'm sure The Tonys knows how to put on a good show, even for those people in the back of the house.

In the event you get sick or incapacitated, feel free to think of me if you're looking for someone to use your ticket that evening!
Updated On: 5/13/08 at 05:45 PM

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#2re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 5:49pm

Congrats, hope you enjoy!

I'd keep one eye open while you sleep until the night after the Tony's - especially for the likes of Eugloven. :]

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#3re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 5:54pm

You will have a fun time. I went in 2006. If you haven't been, you should dress up. And don't lose your program because you only get one!

Just give the world Love.

BenKaye Profile Photo
BenKaye
#4re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 5:58pm

This year will be my third time going, and I cannot be more excited, cuz of Passing Strange, and Stephen finally getting his Lifetime Achievement Award.

Oh happy day!!

My blog- http://okayentertainment.blogspot.com/

larry64
#5re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 5:59pm

In 1997 I sat in the First Row Front Mezz at Radio City for the Tony's. It was like watching ants with a big craning camera in the way.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#6re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 6:01pm

I sat in the center left (?) section of the 1st mezz. The crane did not obstruct our view at all. We were 5 rows up.

And make sure to get downstairs quickly, it is fun walking out with all of the people in the Orchestra section! I walked out next to Frank Langella and Hal Holbrook. And behind Brian F. O'Byrne and Neil Patrick Harris and his partner. Other performers were all around us and we walked down the red carpet. It was fun. I was in a tux and someone thought I was with The Color Purple. It was too funny.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 5/13/08 at 06:01 PM

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#7re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 9:21pm

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#8re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 9:34pm

Sigh! I'm jealous!

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

veryownplanetz Profile Photo
veryownplanetz
#9re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 9:38pm

I went last year and it was such an amazing experience. My dad took me for my 21st birthday and we sat mid orchestra. It was SO amazing.

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#10re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 9:39pm

Have fun! Going to the show is a dream of mine.

For now I will just have to spend the evening on here chatting with everyone else who doesn't get to go.

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#11re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 9:39pm

Have fun! Going to the show is a dream of mine.

For now I will just have to spend the evening on here chatting with everyone else who doesn't get to go.

futurenala Profile Photo
futurenala
#12re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 9:45pm

That's really cool! Enjoy!

"Robin De Jesus has issues"~ JANET DACAL "Yeah, and that's putting it lightly"~ ANDREA BURNS "If you watched CBS on June 15th , I was nominated for a Tony... And I was in Camp"~ ROBIN DE JESUS "...but I ^&#$@*% made you believe I was Italian!"~MATTHEW MORRISON http://legallybrownonbroadway.com/

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#13re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 9:46pm

Wow! Good 4 U! Enjoy the show!

J*
Updated On: 5/13/08 at 09:46 PM

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#14re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 9:49pm

I envy you mainly because you shall see Sondheim. Have fun though!

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#15re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 9:52pm

you are incredibly lucky. that has been a dream of mine forever. One day I will save enough money for a ticket and I will go.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#16re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 10:20pm

That's wonderful! Enjoy yourself and have a terrific time!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#17re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 11:50pm

I shouldn't be too far from you; I'm in row H of the third mezz. My sister is treating me for a college graduation present re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#18re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/13/08 at 11:52pm

uncageg: One can always scour the floor/between seats after the show for the dropped/forgotten programs.

thatgirl712 Profile Photo
thatgirl712
#19re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/14/08 at 1:35am

How wonderful for you! I'd like to be there too. Enjoy much.

If I heard the bells and the banjos ring

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#20re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/14/08 at 1:46am

I'm going as well...row J in the first mezz...a little bit right of the center section. It will be my second year going and I'm really looking forward to it!

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#21re: Got bored, so i bought a Tony Ticket!!!!!
Posted: 5/14/08 at 8:14am

Also going - Row E of first mezz - likely our last time since tickets are a bit too expensive, but Raul is nominated and wife wants to see if maybe he gets it this time.....

Videos