pixeltracker

Lithgow, Weist, Holmes, Wilson to star in ALL MY SONS Revival- Page 2

Lithgow, Weist, Holmes, Wilson to star in ALL MY SONS Revival

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#25re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 6:06pm

Now THIS is something to look forward to.

I can't wait!

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Jon
#26re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 6:14pm

There is some humor in the piece, mostly provided by the two sets of neighbors - the doctor and his wife (who moved into Ann's former home)and Frank & Lydia, Chris' old school pals.

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#27re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 7:14pm

I think I smell a TONY!!!

This will mostly likely get a TONY NOMINATION for sure....

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim

Rotel1026
#28re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 7:21pm

A Tony award based solely on the press release. Is that a record?

And I'm definitely curious to see how well this sells. If Gallagher/Freeman/McDormand aren't selling all that well, would Lithgow/Wiest/Holmes do better? I'm waiting for a discount for this.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#29re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 7:31pm

Why would this go into the Booth? With that cast I would think they would want a theater with a lot more than 800 seats. The Jacobs, given past history, would make the most sense, but if the rumors about 13 are true, then that is not an option. I could easily see this at the Barrymore though.

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#30re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 7:32pm

Longacre?

It makes sense, especially with the new renovation.

Not particularly excited for this one, but I've never been a huge Katie Holmes fan either...

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#31re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 9:08pm

I don't see Boeing Boeing closing by the fall.

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#32re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 9:12pm

Quite excited for this one!

And I have to say that i'm hoping for Katie to soar with this material, and hold her head right up there with her fellow co-stars.

(...not saying she will, but i'm hoping...)

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#33re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 9:17pm

"John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival"

One of these things is not like the other,
One of these things does not belong.

Ed_Mottershead
#34re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 9:30pm

Wonder if this is going to go the same way as The Blue Room? Sold out because of Nicole Kidman, only so-so reviews (at best) and Kidman out-acted by her co-star. Cruise was in the audience opening night, smiling away, so very "happy" for his wife's success. Then they split up within a year.

BroadwayEd

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#35re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 9:41pm

Couldn't have said it better, Scarywarhol. re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#36re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 10:08pm

funny notes from ATC

Katie Holmes on Broadway- the end is near!

Posted by: whyohwhyoh 08:13 pm EDT 05/19/08
We get Suzanne Summers, then Rosie, the boy -banders, all the CHICAGO and GREASE stunt casting (I'm waiting for someone from SURVIVOR to strut their stuff!), Julia Roberts, Jennifer Garner, Christina Applegate, Ali McGraw , Claire Danes (ALL hopeless) and now we have Katie Holmes, that great thespian, making her professional stage debut ON BROADWAY in ALL MY SONS. That's right not in CHICAGO or GREASE but Arthur Miller's seminal work.

Ms. Holmes, who dazzled us all in DAWSON'S CREEK will surely draw in fans the way Kidman did- not for her talent but the perverse curiosity factor. Will TOM be in the audience tonight?? I don't want to prevent Ms. Holmes from pursuing her artistic development but why can't she have a few dry runs in Podunk or wherever before inflicting it on us with a $100.00 price tag?

With her movie career tanking and no TV jobs forthcoming, Holmes is trying to gain some legitimacy- she wants to be a "real" actress! Who knows. Elizabeth Berkely is now taken seriously in some quarters although seeing her on stage was a tragic experience- she can't act. Holmes will flash us her lopsided smile and talk in that baby-voice of hers and hope for the best.

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#37re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 10:18pm

Scarywarhol - you have made my evening with that one - good job!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#38re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 10:23pm

It's kind of pissing me off how Patrick Wilson will only come back to Broadway now in limited runs of plays, because he's so busy with his burgeoning Hollywood career.

The man needs to be SINGING. He has a gorgeous voice, and he's a stunning musical theatre performer. I wish he would do a damn musical.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#39re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 10:23pm

Calling Jennifer Garner in Cyrano "hopeless" is way off.

bertandrew2 Profile Photo
bertandrew2
#40re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 10:26pm

Great cast...but I dont think I can see this play again

jlm96um Profile Photo
jlm96um
#41re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 10:26pm

Is it really too much to ask to hear Patrick SING again?!? Not that I won't go see it. I so love him.

Gingerbread houses along golden, frothy canals. Like Venice... only different?

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#42re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 10:44pm

I'm gonna hafta figure a way to see this. Hey beacs' is it still stage dooring when u never leave?

beacon1
#43re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/19/08 at 10:46pm

I like to think of it as camping.

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
#44re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/20/08 at 3:18am

John Lithgow and Dianne Weist in a play by my all time favorite playwright? WOW!!! As for Katie Holmes, I'll make that judgement when I see the play. So far, her movie/TV career hasn't impressed me at all.

Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis

thatgirl712 Profile Photo
thatgirl712
#45re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/20/08 at 3:41am

That's true!

If I heard the bells and the banjos ring

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#46re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/20/08 at 3:52am

I can't vouch for Nicole Kidman's performance in BLUE ROOM, but at least her Hollywood career is incredibly respectable. So are Claire Danes', Jennifer Garner's (well her TV career is respectable, and a few of her films are too), and Christina Applegate's. But Katie Holmes? In anything she has done she has proved to be the weakest link. She was a disaster in THANK YOU FOR SMOKING, couldn't make her role in BATMAN watchable, and wasn't all that great in DAWSON'S CREEK (unlike her Oscar-nominated co-star Michelle Williams who actually has talent to spare).
I can't believe she is doing this, ugh.
Foster, we almost got Wilson in the now-dead GUYS & DOLLS revival...so close.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
#47re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/20/08 at 4:14am

The only "decent" thing I saw was "Pieces of April." Still, I wasn't impressed, but it was tolerable.

Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#48re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/20/08 at 4:34am

Too bad the Lunt-Fontanne is booked. It's right next door to the Scientology Center. She and Tom could pre-show in the upstairs cafe, and while Katie's at work, Tom can sign books next door.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

nobodyhome Profile Photo
nobodyhome
#49re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/20/08 at 4:58am

"I'm suprised it hasn't killed my love of the play like most studying of literature does, but it has made me aware of Miller's seeming inability to write humour."

There is comedy in Miller's plays. All My Sons doesn't have much, though it does have some from the neighbors (as has already been pointed out).

The character of Solomon in The Price is one of the great comic characters in American drama. Charley and Happy both provide comic relief in Death of a Salesman. The Crucible has a lot of character comedy in a good performance. It's the kind of comedy that might not be obvious on the page but happens in performance.

And Miller's most underrated play, The Creation of the World and Other Business, is often very funny, at least for the first two acts.
Updated On: 5/20/08 at 04:58 AM