pixeltracker

MAX CRUMM TO LEAVE THE NEWEST REIVAL OF GREASE 7/20/08- Page 2

MAX CRUMM TO LEAVE THE NEWEST REIVAL OF GREASE 7/20/08

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#25re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/26/08 at 5:29pm

re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#26re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/26/08 at 5:32pm

That of course is a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black. BTW- Revival is now spelled wrong.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#27re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/26/08 at 5:39pm

Oh well.

Whenever Laura Osnes leaves, I hope she finds a good show. She actually is quite talented.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#31re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/26/08 at 6:16pm

LOL.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#32re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/26/08 at 6:27pm

Hurrah! Will this be the beginning of the demise of "Grease: The Ones We Never Wanted!"? I sure hope so.

#33re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/26/08 at 6:59pm

So back to the topic, does anyone know why Max is leaving? I heard he couldn't gat any more time off from Olive Garden.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#34re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/26/08 at 7:17pm

Back to the original topic. I remember hearing that Crumm said in an interview that while he is happy that he got the role on Broadway, Broadway is not what he wants to do. However, Osnes wants to be on Broadway and she does have the voice to continue on and do other shows. I think that if it wasn't for Grease then she wouldn't have gotten a leading role. I think that she will continue to get jobs on Broadway (or even off Broadway) but not any leading roles.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#35re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/26/08 at 7:48pm

Has this revival of GREASE recouped yet?

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#36re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/26/08 at 8:12pm

Wait, did a previous poster say that Constantine was going to be in the show? Won't that be an AI overload? I am actually really excited about Taylor. Soul Patrol.

SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#37re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/26/08 at 8:16pm

Constantine should go away from Broadway.

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

Lynnespock2
#38re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/26/08 at 8:16pm

This is NOT the demise of Grease. It has been doing very well and will continue to do so.

JV92 and WBAF both hate the show. They never miss a chance to knock it. Riedel fans I am sure.

Live long and prosper. Marriage equity now!

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#39re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/26/08 at 9:11pm

I think that the whole Constantine thing was a joke.

I agree with Lynnspock2. That this is not the end of Grease that it is doing well and will continue to do so. I feel that this is because it is Grease. Just like phantom it is a show tourists know about and will go to see based upon that fact and that fact alone. I don't see it closing when Max and Laura leave.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

BlueforBroadway Profile Photo
BlueforBroadway
#40re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/26/08 at 10:42pm

"I think that the whole Constantine thing was a joke."

Don't be too sure. He's a legit actor/singer. It's a possibility.

Jekyll & Hyde back on Broadway! / Rock of Ages - 5 Tony nominations! Awesome!

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#41re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/26/08 at 10:51pm

Mmm, no, I don't think it is because it's Grease. It's because this production SUCKS.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#42re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/27/08 at 12:11am

The rumor about Constantine is not a joke and Laura is leaving the show on July 20 as well. This isn't much of a shock because their contracts are up on July 24 but they wouldn't leave on a Thursday.

Max is going back to LA and Laura is staying in NYC to pursue more theatre projects.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".
Updated On: 5/27/08 at 12:11 AM

YoYo12345
#43re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/27/08 at 12:51am

I had a friend involved with the show who said that the 2 winners of the NBC show were given very VERY short contracts in case whomever won didn't perform up to par and that when it came down to Laura and Max, Laura was given the benefit of legitimacy but Max was watched carefully. I haven't seen him live and (I'm blushing) I didn't vote for him but he seems very likable and I wish him the best in the future!

jackson992
#38re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/27/08 at 3:18am

Max was great on the show and I voted for him. He was the clearly the best on the show and I hope he does other things.

LouieLovesTheater Profile Photo
LouieLovesTheater
#39re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/29/08 at 5:53pm

They didn't extend either of their contracts so 7/20 is the finale performance of both Max and Laura. They weren't even given the option to extend.

I heard from a friend they tried to get Laura to do the tour (even offering her husband a role too) but they offered a lot less money than was customary so she declined...smart girl.

MerMaggieGalinda
#40re:Max Crumm To Leave 'Grease' On 7/20
Posted: 5/29/08 at 6:02pm

Laura is better than Grease anyway. I hope she goes on to a successful career. She really does have a great voice.

Videos