#51re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 11:09am

re: Your favorite Glinda?

Billie Burke

defyinggravity42694 Profile Photo
defyinggravity42694
#52re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 2:00pm

"I'm very curious, what is so great about Annaleigh's Glinda? There have been some brilliant Glindas, some average Glindas, and some very annoying Glindas. I'd stick miss Annaleigh in the last category.

And I can't really find myself to buy the whole "but she improved so much!" argument.

I can be a really bad chef, but work hard and practice every day. After a couple months of being a terrible chef, I may start being able to cook food that is edible. However, this doesn't make me eligible to start my own restaurant. Improvement doesn't equal brilliance.

I'm not trying to bash anyone that likes Annaleigh, mind you. I'm just curious about the logic behind her being so many people's favorite. From what I've seen, her Glinda was a bit like doing a Cheno impression while on speed."

I saw Annaleigh and she was amazing, I saw her on April 22, 2008 with Lisa Brescia and their chemistry was brilliant! I feel that she has become much more comfortable in the role since she started. Although she was spastic in act 1 (which I loved), she was very serious in act 2 and you could see the emotions in her face. I think that is why Annaleigh is so many peoples favorite.

Goodbye

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#53re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 2:05pm

Kristin for me too! But Christina DeCicco & Kendra are a close second/third thing.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#54re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 2:17pm

I saw Annaleigh on April 17 and she was so bad that I couldn't even look at her.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#55re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 2:23pm

EYEEDEEUNNUUHHH MENZELLL!

re: Your favorite Glinda?

DefyGravity777
#56re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 3:49pm

Katie Rose Clarke is my fav. Glinda followed closely by Lindsay K. Northen,Annaleigh Ashford and Kate Fahrner. I will NOT put my least favorite well because that's just plain out rude. ALL these women perform their hearts out every night.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

musicaltheatrefan3 Profile Photo
musicaltheatrefan3
#57re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 3:57pm

Kristin, Megan, Kate, Annaleigh, Christina, Helen, Erin, Numao, and Lucy (Scherer)

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#58re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 4:22pm

Megan Hilty.

I like some of Kendra's work but something about her doesn't sit right with me -- it's like she's a bit too hardened or experienced with life. She doesn't have the same kind of dreamy, girly softness that other Glindas have. It's just a personal preference I guess.

legally_wicked
#59re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 4:32pm

Helen Dallimore.

weebles_fall
#60re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 4:46pm

"I'm very curious, what is so great about Annaleigh's Glinda? There have been some brilliant Glindas, some average Glindas, and some very annoying Glindas. I'd stick miss Annaleigh in the last category."

Maybe people who chose her have yet to see another actress in the role? Thats the only explanation I can come up with. That and ..she's young and pretty? Because acting/singing wise she's at the bottom of the heap.

landryjames2
#61re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 4:55pm

There really is no contest when Kristin in thrown into the picture. She is heads above the others in total package, and a true force of nature as far as stage presence, inhabiting the character of Glinda, line deliveries, song deliveries, etc....

I don't think others begin to compare to how great Kristin truly was in the role (but of course, best does not always mean favorite, so that is why answered are always varied).

A Fleur De Toi Profile Photo
A Fleur De Toi
#62re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 5:20pm

Cheno raised the bar really high right from the start, vocally excellent (but i mean, cmon she is the cheno).

however, while kristin was funny as glinda, i felt that, acting wise, hilty took it to the next level - her Popular lands me in stitches each time and I have watched it like a gazillion times, i kid you not.

And ooh yeah Kendra's "Yes I do" just gets better each time. :)

for annaleigh, i think theres some unexplained quality about her which i cant explain but I kinda like her... truth be told, vocal-wise she's nowhere near the other Glindas. Anyone feel the same way?

In Soviet Russia, Wicked hates you too!

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#63re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 5:49pm

"Maybe people who chose her have yet to see another actress in the role? Thats the only explanation I can come up with. That and ..she's young and pretty? Because acting/singing wise she's at the bottom of the heap."

Well I know that I as well as a bunch of other people who love Annaleigh… she’s not the only Glinda we have seen. I even remember a post by someone who has seen the show over 100 times (not only the U.S. productions but overseas as well) and MANY, if not ALL of the Glindas, and he/she said that Annaleigh was his/her personal favorite too.

I’m sorry you didn’t like Annaleigh and trust me, there’s been some Glinda’s I haven’t liked as well, but I don’t question why other people like them. Everyone has their different preferences.

I can't really pinpoint what makes me love a performer so much, it just happens. IMO, Annaleigh has that humor and adorable-ness that I can’t help but love and is just a burst of energy that rubs off on me while I’m watching her. In Act 2 she’s really emotional which makes me feel for Glinda. Vocally, she’s not as strong as Kristin or Megan, but I think her voice is pretty and love listening to it. I enjoy her performance so much, especially alonside SJB - her last show was one of the best I've ever seen.

Updated On: 6/2/08 at 05:49 PM

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#64re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 9:17pm

Kendra Kassebaum

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

olitwist2
#65re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 9:20pm

Megan Hilty is the best Glinda ever!

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#66re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 6/2/08 at 10:41pm

I've only seen three, but Kristen was WAY better than the other two. Flawless, really.

debee
#67re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 1:11am

Just saw Laura Laura Woyasz today and we love, love, loved her!
Updated On: 9/22/08 at 01:11 AM

killertofu333
#68re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 1:19am

Kristin Chenoweth hands down!!!

...followed by Megan Hilty & Kendra Kassebaum

"I have the prettiest mother..."--Rhoda Penmark~~~ The Bad Seed

DefyGravity777
#69re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 3:57am

I commented on this before but I will say that Katie Rose Clarke and Katie Adams are my favorite Glinda's followed closely by Lindsay K. Northen and Annaleigh Ashford.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

Biff AKA Levi Profile Photo
Biff AKA Levi
#70re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 4:28am

Billie Burke!!!

"I want a lap dance from an octopus."

-JG2

andrewcomp Profile Photo
andrewcomp
#71re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 6:48am

Annaleigh Ashford and Meggie Cansler :)

Don't like Kendra or Dianne.

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
#72re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 7:50am

DIANNE PILKINGTON!

Never laughed so much at a performance. She's not for everyone, it's nodding towards Kristen and Megan, so if you prefer a more subtle/boring Glinda then she's not for you...but she's awesome. So good. Milks everything and gets the audience laughing hysterically.

I guess its like British wit and humour, mixed in with the best of the American Glinda portrayal. Good combination that I didn't think Helen Dallimore had (probably because she's Australian...haha)

joleslie
#73re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 8:09am

Dianne Pilkington for me too.

In order of who I've seen: Dianne, Annaleigh Ashford, the understudy for Megan Hilty in LA last October (didn't catch her name), and Helen Dallimore (I REALLY disliked her.)

I imagine that had I seen Kristin perform she'd be either my number one or number two.

jcdenton08
#74re: Your favorite Glinda?
Posted: 9/22/08 at 9:40am

Of the three I've seen live AKA actually at the theatre, Sarah Earnshaw was the best, as first cover for Helen Dallimore. She wasn't perfect, but was miles better than the other two.

Helen Dallimore (funny acting, bad singing), Dianne Pilkington (horrible, horrible put-on voice)

As for everyone else, Kristin set the bar rediculously high - but I still have time for Megan Hilty who I think is also excellent in the role re: Your favorite Glinda?