pixeltracker

BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?

BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?

Yankeefan007
shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#2re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 10:22am

that'd be a treat [for me atleast], I never saw it before..

Rotel1026
#2re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 1:28pm

What theater would they take? Seems like it's getting awfully crowded with seasonal shows. Grinch sent out a survey that mentioned a 2008 run. White Christmas is rumored and we still have Cirque and the Rockettes. Seems like a lot of shows competing for money when the economy is not at it's best.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#3re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 1:35pm

Maybe they will do the Beauty and The Beast: Enchanted Christmas for the holiday season.... And then we could get a slew of comments about who would be the best to belt out AS LONG AS THERE'S CHRISTMAS.... from the movie.

I say get Bernadette Peters back on Broadway where she belongs. LOL

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#4re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 1:46pm

I'd see it! Beauty is the only Disney show I've liked (well I haven't seen Mermaid yet).

jerseyboyschick2 Profile Photo
jerseyboyschick2
#5re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 2:02pm

Interesting. I'd go see this.
Guess we'll just have to see what happens with this.

"You will understand that Bww is a forum that allows Theatre people, Fussy old Queens, and chorus boys of Mama Mia to release their everyday life's frustration by being Snarky, B**chy, and sarcastic." -BwayBoundJoe

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#6re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 2:12pm

I remember awhile ago saying if they did Enchanted Christmas that Bernadette Peters and Tim Curry should come back and recreate their roles for the stage version.

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#6re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 2:12pm

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).
Updated On: 6/3/08 at 02:12 PM

Trekkie2
#8re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 2:20pm

"What theater would they take? Seems like it's getting awfully crowded with seasonal shows. Grinch sent out a survey that mentioned a 2008 run. White Christmas is rumored and we still have Cirque and the Rockettes."

Don't forget Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. God help us all.

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

Dyllun Von Profile Photo
Dyllun Von
#9re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 2:24pm

Beauty & the Beast was one of the first shows I saw as a kid - my class went, haha. I'd love to relive my childhood :)

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#10re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 2:26pm

THAT would be wonderful!!!

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
Updated On: 6/3/08 at 02:26 PM

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#11re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 2:29pm

Why not do the Enchanted Christmas. It is a great story and it actually fits smoothly into the regular story. I think it would be really neat to see it onstage.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#12re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 2:32pm

please tell me this is just a rumor.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#13re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 3:39pm

Enchanted Christmas could just use the regular BATB set too. I'd love to see Bernadette come back to Broadway!

lola_actor22 Profile Photo
lola_actor22
#14re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 3:58pm

I would love to see B&B again!!
Especially if it's the Christmas version! re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" - Stephen Sondheim

jagfkb
#15re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 4:29pm

The Nederlander as a holiday house? Fix it up and open in Late November?

achangeinme Profile Photo
achangeinme
#16re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 7:52pm

While I LOVE B&TB, it seems a little silly to open it as a Holiday show when it just finished its run. In fact, a lot of the American public probably hasn't realized that B&THB has closed yet! If they are trying to bring in the dollar signs, I'd say to wait to do this until a couple years have passed and people are beginning to miss the show/realize its gone. That way the limited run would be even more of a treat and a bigger deal.

Haha, how does Enchanted Christmas fit smoothly into the storyline? I never got that. But...whatever, Bernie can read out of the phone book and I'd give her a standing ovation.

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#17re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:07pm

I missed Beauty and the Beast ever since it closed, and reading the reviews of Little Mermaid, I miss the show even more.

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

broadwayboy522
#18re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 8:23pm

I'd rather them wait a little bit longer and bring it back for longer than a limited run! Then Disney could finally have four shows on Broadway at a time which is what they were wanting to do earlier when they opened Tarzan and Mary Poppins one after another.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#19re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 9:48pm

Among Disney circles, Jim Hill is known as a major rumor-monger. Much of what he reports turns out to be not true. I would completely doubt the credibility of this rumor at the moment.

myshikobit Profile Photo
myshikobit
#20re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/3/08 at 9:58pm

Following a successful version of BATB, my friends and I jokingly contemplated Enchanted Christmas.... we never thought anyone would be so stupid as to actually stage it. Sheesh, talk about a pipe dream...

"There are only two worthwhile things to leave behind when we depart this world of ours: children and art." -Sunday In The Park With George

walkedthroughmany Profile Photo
walkedthroughmany
#21re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/4/08 at 2:50am

Isn't this the guy who reported Beyonce would be starring in the Aida movie?

jackson992
#22re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/4/08 at 2:52am

What a fun show. Just recently got to play D'Arque in this

JillianMelko
#23re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/4/08 at 3:30pm

I Would DIE if it came back...I cried when I first heard it was closing it is my all time favorite Broadway show/ Disney Movie ever and I would have to see it, if not audition for it!

"No Dream is Ever Given Without the Power to Make that Dream Come True"

bwaybabe2
#24re: BEAUTY & the BEAST to return to Broadway?
Posted: 6/7/08 at 1:39am

so...rumor or reality...?
...hope is the second, because I'd love to catch it, this time around.

Videos