pixeltracker

Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...

Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...

onlylisab Profile Photo
onlylisab
#1Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 12:23pm

http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=417813&Category=9

Sorry if this is a double post.

"First up was Max who sang "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" [...] I haven't seen that big of a reaction to a stair descent since Audra left the attic in Ragtime." --Seth Rudetsky

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#2re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 12:35pm

And Derek too, huh? Good on them!

KFTC!!!!!

alfgiotir Profile Photo
alfgiotir
#2re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 1:03pm

wow (sarcastic). i though all the actors from "you're the one that i want" wanted to distance themselves from the show.

onlylisab Profile Photo
onlylisab
#3re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 1:04pm

I'm actually kind of suprised...Is this a step up or a step down for her?

I'm happy for Ashley though. She's such a sweet girl. I wish her only the best.

"First up was Max who sang "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" [...] I haven't seen that big of a reaction to a stair descent since Audra left the attic in Ragtime." --Seth Rudetsky

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#4re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 1:10pm

congratulations to both of them.
it will great to revist grease again with them in it. derek was a favorite of mine on the show and my mom was in love with him. it will be sad for ashley to leave her family at hairspray and i hope she gets a nice farewell.

i would love to thank cantonrep newspaper for the confirmation.
by the way this is not a double post. i am glad ashley last day is july 13th and she gets to see lauras last day with max.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#5re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 1:11pm

Derek was better than Austin and Max!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

yankees1253
#6re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 1:14pm

i wonder what laura is up to after grease?.

ashley has been in an supportting role, so i feel its a step for her. still surprised that derek k is replacing max and josh franklin. i feel laura, kate, and ashley has already seperated themselves from the show and chad too who is in alter boyz.

lovepuppy
#7re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 1:19pm

Why are Max and Laura leaving? Were their contracts that short? 5 months or so?

"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." "I dare say you haven't had the practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." --Alice in Wonderland

Yankeefan007
#8re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 1:22pm

Max and Laura have run out their contracts, which began in rehearsals last July.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#9re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 1:28pm

P.R. companies and producers hate it when actors leak this stuff to their local papers before the offical announcement.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#10re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 1:31pm

Were their contracts not re-newed or did they decide to move on from this awful production?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

barcelona20
#11re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...

Oh boo-hoo PR company.

What difference does it make really? Casting announcements are taken soooooo seriously.

Especially with these two, it's not like Barbra Streisand is announcing her return to Broadway.

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#12re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...

And now they are just going to get more & more people from that ****ty show to be put in a ****ty show.

FosterChild Profile Photo
FosterChild
#13re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 1:34pm

yankees, you're posting too much and too long again!

Yankeefan007
#14re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 1:34pm

From what I understand, they were offered to lead the touring company following their Broadway contracts running out and both turned it down (she's got voice over gigs and other commercial work; he's going back to La La Land).

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#15re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 1:35pm

playbill confirmation

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/118955.html

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

yankees1253
#16re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 1:47pm

the thing about ashley pic from the playbill announcement its her photo from your the one that i want which pisses me off and they couldnt use a recent one like her headshot.
i would love to see matt salivador go and cody green take over.

lovepuppy
#17re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 1:53pm

I actually thought Matt Saldivar made an appropriate Kennickie.

Also, the Playbill link says Rizzo will be played by Janine DeVita, and I saw Jenny Powers in the role. Decent. Was she asked to renew too, and turned it down, or is she just leaving upon the contract expiration?

"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." "I dare say you haven't had the practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." --Alice in Wonderland
Updated On: 6/24/08 at 01:53 PM

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#18re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 2:00pm

i don't get why they would put them in because Max and Laura won and now they have their runner ups taking over..oh well they were awesome so i'm happy for them!

into_the_woods2 Profile Photo
into_the_woods2
#19re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 2:01pm

Congrats to her,she is going to be playing her dream role on Broadway!!!

"The good news is I have an excellent Tony speech. The bad news is I've had it for forty-five years."-Elaine Stritch

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#20re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 2:13pm

"Also, the Playbill link says Rizzo will be played by Janine DeVita, and I saw Jenny Powers in the role. Decent. Was she asked to renew too, and turned it down, or is she just leaving upon the contract expiration? "

Powers gave her final performance on Sunday. Natalie Hill is playing the role until DeVita takes over this Thursday.

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#21re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 2:24pm

Jenny Powers was the only part of the show that didn't make me want to die.

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

SirNotAppearing Profile Photo
SirNotAppearing
#22re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 2:27pm

That show is DEAD without Max and Laura. Not artistically, the show has always been a reanimated, sad corpse. Financially, it won't survive, except with tourists who think Travolta's in it.

choderman
#23re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 2:41pm

Totally disagree with you. The show is a financial success and will continue to be with Ashley and Derek in the role. They also had thousands of fans!

SirNotAppearing Profile Photo
SirNotAppearing
#24re: Ashley Spencer will be Sandy starting July 22nd...
Posted: 6/24/08 at 2:45pm

Oh dear. It's a GREASE shill.

Videos