pixeltracker

Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?

Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?

My.Small.Apricot
#1Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 1:10am

Do you think Spring Awakening would make a good movie? Who would you want to play the leads? What do you think it would be rated?

PSLove302 Profile Photo
PSLove302
#2re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 2:04am

hopefully it will never get made

I vote for Max Crumm to play Moritz.

"I don't see that many plays, and for me, musicals are rarely pleasing. I feel the actors are being put through a kind of nightmarish labor. They're like animals being forced to pull heavy carts of vegetables at incredible speeds." --- Wallace Shawn

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 2:06am

U for Unwatchable.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#3re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 2:13am

It would probably be fine if they filmed all of the songs like music videos to mimic the microphone concept in the stage version, but I'd rather they not make a movie since they would undoubtedly make a lot of changes and I like it the way it is.

memphreblues
#4re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 2:20am

The only thing that turned me into a fan of the show was seeing it live; I didn't like it very much before, but seeing it up close, intimately, with all that energy changed my mind.

I think a film version would be awful. It would lose that energy and highlight the weak points. Plus, don't shows usually run for years before a movie is even discussed? I mean, sure, there are some rabid SA fans, but I'm guessing it's pretty much unheard of outside the theatre world. It would bomb. There are already a lot of people who see the show as teen drivel. Even though I'm a fan of the musical, in my opinion a film version would be exactly that- pretentious teen angst.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 7/9/08 at 2:42am

Updated On: 5/2/09 at 02:42 AM

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
#6re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 7:30am

i doubt it would be made into a movie because its not 'big' enough to guarantee a great number of people going to see it.

it would, however, make a great dvd if they filmed the stage show and had all sorts of behind the scenes etc...and sold it in years to come for the hardcore fans & people who weren't able to see it.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#7re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 8:28am

NO.

I really don't think there's anymore to be said.

Okayfine
#8re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 10:59am

"Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?" Yes, & here it is: PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T.

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#9re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 10:59am

God.
No.

Roscoe
#10re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 11:01am

I think a video record of the stage production would be great, like they did with the recent revival of COMPANY, but only if they re-assembled the original cast.

Probably won't happen, though.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

TheDodge Profile Photo
TheDodge
#11re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 12:34pm

The MOVIE is real, but it is not the musical version. It is based on the Wedekind play and it IS darker, including the rape in the hayloft as originally written. Wish them luck because the world needs to see what the SPRING buzz is all about. Maybe a musical version will come along, but it can never have the original cast. They will be way to old and discredit the 14 year old they are supposed to be!! Rock On.

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#12re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 12:37pm

I think the show has too strange a concept to be made into a movie. It just wouldn't translate well.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

TheDodge Profile Photo
TheDodge
#13re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 12:44pm

you're right! The translation is the key! Don't you think the world should see the original intention though?? I can't wait!! Would you buy/rent the DVD? Aren't you curious?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#14re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 12:50pm

Eesh, go away.

perfectliar
#15re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 12:50pm

Dodge, you're very annoying...

TheDodge Profile Photo
TheDodge
#16re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 12:57pm

Whoa! Guys. calm down. Why the tude? I'm just excited.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#17re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 1:04pm

Would you buy/rent the DVD? Aren't you curious?

No. No.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#18re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 1:23pm

Warm In The Bud (1970)

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#19re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 1:26pm

Those interested in Wedekind really ought to check this amazing film out, based on one of his novels.
INNOCENCE

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#20re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 5:35pm

As much as I love Spring Awakening, I don't think it would work.

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#21re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 5:39pm

You aren't supposed to be excited in the interweb.

BwayBebe Profile Photo
BwayBebe
#22re: Spring Awakening Movie Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/08 at 5:54pm

I don't think I would like a Spring Awakening movie at all, what makes it special is the set mics, the onstage seating, and being in the theatre with the actors themselves. I do not think a movie could ever give you an intimate feeling like actually seeing the show does.