Patti LuPone?

musicandtemiror
#1Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/21/08 at 9:01pm

I'm going to
An Evening With Patti Lupone and Mandy Patinkin at Delaware's....DuPont Theatre.

Question...Ive never seen Patti before so I don't know..does she stage door?
I know its not till like next march but I was just curious if she did or if she will?
Thanks

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#2re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/21/08 at 9:02pm

She does indeed.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#2re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/21/08 at 9:12pm

You're going to have a great time. She and Mandy have a lot of fun together, and it's contagious.

Just know that she's quirky. Having no particular expectations of her after the show would probably be a good thing.

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#3re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/21/08 at 9:30pm

Hey, she's Italian. (As am I!) re: Patti LuPone?

I'd dearly love to see those two together. Hope they come to my neck of the woods someday.

CarolynaGirl Profile Photo
CarolynaGirl
#4re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/21/08 at 9:39pm

I've seen Gypsy many times, and Patti has never failed to come out afterwards. One day she was in a rush, so she only had time to sign a few playbills, but she still made the effort.

bwayrocks_ca Profile Photo
bwayrocks_ca
#5re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/21/08 at 9:54pm

I have seen several of her 'out-of-town' concerts including her and Mandy in Philly, and she has always been lovely at the stage door. (even in Portland, OR when it was raining, and there were only 3 of us waiting for her outside)

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#6re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/21/08 at 10:46pm

Patti didn't come out when I saw the show for a Wednesday matinee. re: Patti LuPone?

Hope you enjoy the concert! I'm sure you will get to see Patti.

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

CarolynaGirl Profile Photo
CarolynaGirl
#7re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/21/08 at 11:02pm

Patti never comes out after matinees (except Sunday). =/
The security people usually announce it. She has to rest.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#8re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/22/08 at 12:48am

I've been to a few of her concerts, but she's never stage doored. but I also went to a matinee of her concert with Mandy and the two solo concerts of hers I went to were in Massachusetts, so it's likely she just...went home afterwards.

but Evening with Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin is an AMAZING concert. you'll love it.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

FlyingMonkey1223 Profile Photo
FlyingMonkey1223
#9re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/22/08 at 12:58am

Poor Patti having to work with Mandy. He is a real looney-toon.

Gothampc
#10re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/22/08 at 9:41am

I didn't know there was a theater big enough to fit those two egos in it.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#11re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/22/08 at 9:51am

I knew with the thread title it was only a matter of hours before facile negativity creeped in.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#12re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/22/08 at 2:14pm

"Poor Patti having to work with Mandy. He is a real looney-toon."

Not a big enough looney-toon for Patti. She loves Patinkin.

FlyingMonkey1223 Profile Photo
FlyingMonkey1223
#13re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/24/08 at 2:56am

Well that's good because most actors can't stand the guy.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#14re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/24/08 at 11:39am

Actually, I would NOT expect to see Patti stagedoor @ the DuPont.

I've been there a few times for both national tours & concerts, and the only people who came out at the stagedoor was the Non-Eq. tour of EVITA, and I'm sure they were going up to the hotel since it was a matinee.

Linda Eder nor Michael Feinstein did not come out, that's the most recent concert I've been to there.

And incase you didn't know, the stagedoor is actually located in the theatre. Apparently, there's a back entrance but I have no idea where that is -- that's where they told us Linda left by. The stagedoor is right when you walk in, dead ahead with the steps to the ladies bathroom to the left. I actually think that no one does the stagedoor there because it's safe to say that it'll be atleast if not more than 50% of senior citizens, who have a hard enough time walking down all the steps :o.

jennyish Profile Photo
jennyish
#15re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/24/08 at 11:45am

I'm so excited to see Patti and Mandy in Cleveland this May!

I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not.

musicandtemiror
#16re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/24/08 at 12:13pm

Actually philly03 I have a subscription there so I know where its.
Ive been to the SD for Rent, Evita, Producers, and ive seen others come out of it at other shows ive been there at.
I talked to a person who works there and they said there was no other exit out of the stage.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#17re: Patti LuPone?
Posted: 8/24/08 at 1:38pm

LOL They must have lied to the Linda fans!

If anything though, I know you have to look out for them because sometimes they just walk out with the crowd and act like they're nobody. The Peron did that from EVITA and people were bashing him (not majorly!) and I was like you idiot....he's right there!

Videos