So what did we all buy?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#25re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 6:59pm

Way too much. I was there from the start up until 3:30 or so. I managed to only spend around $80. List later.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#26re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:04pm

Two Billy Joel vinyls- $2.00
A True West playbill- 25 cents

Grant total: $2.25

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#27re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:07pm

I bought way too much!

I spent $173.00.

But hey, it all goes to a wonderful cause!

What a great event.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

EnWashingtonHeights Profile Photo
EnWashingtonHeights
#28re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:08pm

What Did The In The heights Table Have?

TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
#29re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:12pm

Not much, really ...

CD - Neva Small/"My Place In The World" - $2
CD - COLOR PURPLE OC - $2
CD - Harvey Fierstein/"This Is Not Going To Be Pretty" - $2
DVD- 2-disc Don Camillo movies(Fernandel) -$5
DVD- BUTCHER BOY (Neil Jordan movie) - $5
DVD- NANKING (Documentary) - $5
DVD- 3 GUYS NAMED MIKE (MGM 1951) - $2
BOOK - A HOME AT THE END OF THE WORLD - $1

2016 These Paper Bullets (1/02) Our Mother's Brief Affair (1/06), Dragon Boat Racing (1/08), Howard - reading (1/28), Shear Madness (2/10), Fun Home (2/17), Women Without Men (2/18), Trip Of Love (2/21), The First Gentleman -reading (2/22), Southern Comfort (2/23), The Robber Bridegroom (2/24), She Loves Me (3/11), Shuffle Along (4/12), Shear Madness (4/14), Dear Evan Hansen (4/16), American Psycho (4/23), Tuck Everlasting (5/10), Indian Summer (5/15), Peer Gynt (5/18), Broadway's Rising Stars (7/11), Trip of Love (7/27), CATS (7/31), The Layover (8/17), An Act Of God (8/31), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (8/24), Heisenberg (10/12), Fiddler On The Roof (11/02), Othello (11/23), Dear Evan Hansen (11/26), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (12/21) 2017 In Transit (2/01), Groundhog Day (4/04), Ring Twice For Miranda (4/07), Church And State (4/10), The Lucky One (4/19), Ernest Shackleton Loves Me (5/16), Building The Wall (5/19), Indecent (6/01), Six Degrees of Separation (6/09), Marvin's Room (6/28), A Doll's House Pt 2 (7/25) Curvy Widow (8/01)

fflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
#30re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:12pm

Nothing.

Isn't it time for the fair to end?

Year after year the same old stuff; and the level of celebrities giving autographs was barely at "B" level.

Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?

EnWashingtonHeights Profile Photo
EnWashingtonHeights
#31re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:13pm

No IN The Heights stuff?

BenKaye Profile Photo
BenKaye
#32re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:13pm

Easter Bonnet 2008 Dvd.
LaChiusa Wild Party Playbill.
Patti Lupone Noises Off Playbill.

My blog- http://okayentertainment.blogspot.com/

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#33re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:16pm

fflagg, the proceeds benefit BC/EFA.

Last year, $559,810 was raised for BC/EFA.

I saw A LOT of happy theatre queens today, and a lot of wonderful, generous people volunteering their time for an amazing organization.

You might want to consider removing the pole from your rear end.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

lotterymaster
#34re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:24pm

I spent way to much money!!!!

But I got a LOT of great things plus its for qn AMAZING CAUSE so i really don't mind.

I got:
Angels Black Platforms from the broadway production-25
Angels Pink Pussy Galore Boots from the broadway production-5
Color Purple/Hairspray Poster-8
Tarzan Poster-1
Cast Signed Purple Phantom Poster-20
Beauty and the Beast Cardboard Poster-1
4 Original Lion King Costume designs sketches by Julie Taymor- 40 (ten each, limited edition, Scar, Rafiki, Simba, and Scar)
Color Purple CD/Hat-5
Picture in Hairspray Tracy Wig-20
Fake Camera from Broadway Bares- Free they liked me there LMAO
A Chorus Line Water Bottle-1
Rocky Horror Playbill-1
Cast Signed [title of show] picture-25
Susans Shoes signed by susan(furry shoes that she wore a lot and she auctioned off lmao)-30
Wicked Shirt from tour-5
Blur Man group tank-1
Bauty and the Beast shirt-3

and i think thats it. LOL

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#35re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:31pm

I went at around 6:15 and there wasn't much left. I walked into Shubert alley right when tickets to Billy Elliot were being auctioned. I think they were opening night but I am not sure. These two kids were bidding against each other. One of them, a college girl or younger, and the other one was like a 15 year old boy. At the end, they both agreed to pay $4500 for a set of two tickets each. I think their moms were caught up in the bidding war or something. That is ****ing insane.

BroadwayBelle2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBelle2
#36re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:33pm

I bought A Disney Broadway CD for $1
a Gypsy booklet for $10 and had my picture taken with Laura Benanti for $10

What a great day!!!
Updated On: 9/23/08 at 07:33 PM

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#37re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:35pm

What a fun day.

I snagged a humongous poster for RECKLESS with Mary-Louise Parker that I believe hung outside The Biltmore, a cast signed LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA playbill, a pair of Susan Blackwell's shoes that she both signed and drew a monkey on, and a lunch box signed by Mary Testa.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#38re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:43pm

Let's see:

signed Grey Gardens playbill
three Ragtime playbills
Light in the Piazza Playbill
Spring Awakening signed letter
Spring Awakening signed stick thing that I am not even sure what I am gonna do with
random ripped Hair shirt that I don't recall buying at all
two Grey Gardens shirts
four Grey Gardens buttons (Oh God, Mother Darling, Start the Revolution, and Dammit Woman, I'll Have to Start Drinking)
Playbill Album plus tote
Krysta Rodriguez talked my dad into buying a piece of the bread pudding at the In the Heights table
I bought a piece of the blueberry pie at the Gypsy table
8x10 picture of Lin-Manuel Miranda
8x10 picture of the Gypsy City Center curtain call

And while I was shopping I saw:

Doug Wright
the [tos] crew
Krysta Rodriguez
Doreen Montalvo
Gerard Canonico
Eryn Murman
Jenna Ushkowitz
Alexandra Socha
Lilli Cooper

I know you. I know you. I know you.
Updated On: 9/21/08 at 07:43 PM

nyb418
#39re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:56pm

What did you end up paying for the RECKLESS poster? I was eyeing it all day and realized I could never fit it in my tiny apartment. I settled for a smaller window card version.But last year i bought a beautiful PROOF poster that I adore.I specifically made room for it ...

Does anyone else on here simply adore Marian Seldes? She was the highlight of my day and I just want to stick her in my handbag and take her home with me.The grandmother I wish i had... this woman is just sheer love!

Also had fun taking a picture with the wicked green baby.. too funny...

MimiLovesBroadway Profile Photo
MimiLovesBroadway
#40re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 7:58pm

I bought the Legally Blonde cd sampler signed by LBB
A Me & My Girl jean jacket
An In The Heights button
2 Broadway Cares Carol cds and
A pink v-neck shirt that the [title of show] cast autographed...they were selling/singing random shirts

~One day, both of you will need my sympathies and will I be there...probably." - Robin De Jesus In The Heights

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#41re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 8:29pm

I want to know who bought that GIANT Company poster thing. And for how much!

(No, I did not. I don't, you know, own a truck.)

A work of art is an invitation to love.

JeaniusIsMe Profile Photo
JeaniusIsMe
#42re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 8:35pm

EnWashintonHeights: the In The Heights table was rather sparse when I was there. They had some t-shirts, autographed stills from the show, and several drawings done by the cast. And an autographed window card.

Yankeefan007
#43re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 8:37pm

I was standing by XANADU when I saw the dude taking away the giant COMPANY poster. I made a quip, "that's gonna be tough to get on the subway."

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#44re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 8:42pm

Heh, yeah, I got a poster that's about as tall as I am on the subway last year, and seriously, never again. I couldn't figure out how you would get that thing anywhere!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#45re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 8:58pm

The In The Heights table also had the 2000 demo cd, the entire libretto for the show, and the 2008 Easter Bonnet.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#46re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:03pm

my two favorites are the prop "Let Me Entertain You" sheet music and the prop marriage certificate signed by Patti and Boyd. I also bought an autographed Tony insert for the Gypsy program a souvenir program from The Secret Garden, Playbills from Sunday in the Park with George (Mandy and Maryann Plunkett) and Working from the adorable little Asian boy at the Phantom table, and a Legally Blonde prop packet for a friend.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

BroadwayBelle2
#47re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:15pm

I tried getting an autographed LBB cd but they were all gone. Updated On: 9/21/08 at 09:15 PM

BroadwayBelle2
#48re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:15pm

Did anyone buy the "Seth's Broadway Chatterbox" dvd's?
Updated On: 9/22/08 at 09:15 PM

taintedxl0ve
#49re: So what did we all buy?
Posted: 9/21/08 at 9:19pm

by the time i got done meeting who i wanted to and getting a picture with them at the photo booth, it was 2 so i missed out on a few things, but i'm overall happy with what i got:

Picture with Robin Strasser[Dorian, OLTL]
Signed headshot of Bree Williamson[Jessica/Tess, OLTL]
Easter Bonnet Playbill-it was free =]
other random playbills that were free
Hair Playbill from this past summer-it has a ticket stub and some sort of flyer in it too, which is awesome
Les Mis Original Broadway Cast Playbill-i got it for a dollar! that was the good thing about being there later in the day...things got a lot cheaper
free Beauty & the Beast poster
& i did the game where you spin the wheel and win prizes...and i won spamalot lip balm lmao, and a broadwaybox.com notepad

i think that's it.
it was so worth it though, i can't wait for next year. i'm gonna make sure to get there early, 'cos i missed out on almost all the rent stuff...the clothes went really early and i was looking for the OBC playbill but it wasn't there. i was going to buy the closing night playbill but i didn't have enough :[

oh and i don't know if it's because i was there later in the day, but the SA table seemed to have nothing...only the letter to moritz and a poster signed by the current cast. were they selling any signed by the OBC?

Updated On: 9/21/08 at 09:19 PM