pixeltracker

The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities

The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities

esparza 333
#1The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/12/08 at 4:28pm

First I was wondering which categories they would go in. Someone who saw it told me that Megan would go leading and Stephanie and Allison would go featured. Is that true. Also do you think they will all be nominated and which one do you think is most likely to win a tony.

Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.

Yankeefan007
#2re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/12/08 at 4:31pm

Chances are, they'll all be petitioned as lead.

TheatreFreak05 Profile Photo
TheatreFreak05
#2re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/12/08 at 4:33pm

This is a difficult one, since they really all share the stage equally.

I would categorize all of them as the lead.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#3re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/12/08 at 4:49pm

I don't envy the voters, that's for sure!!!

Yankeefan007
#4re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/12/08 at 4:53pm

I do. They get to see all that SH*T for free.

And a lot of it legitimately is SH*T.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#5re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/12/08 at 4:56pm

LOL. I wouldn't want to be in the position to have to decide between the three of them. Better?

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#6re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/12/08 at 5:02pm

While I'm sure all of them have a great chance of being nominated for lead, I'm sure, shortly after revews come out on Broadway, have a clear idea who has the edge.

buddharich
#7re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/12/08 at 6:05pm

Not only will there be 3 lead possibilities from 9 to 5 but also from Vanities! Stephanie J. Block, Megan Hilty, Allison Janney from the former, Lauren Kennedy, Sarah Stiles, and Anneliese van der Pol from the latter. In addition, I strongly suspect Haydn Gwynne will be in the lead category. Add to that Sutton Foster for Shrek, Stockard Channing and Martha Plimpton for Pal Joey, not to mention the leads from Guys And Dolls, West Side Story... and whatever comes out late in the season!! The nominating committee is going to be very busy and is going to inevitably leave out alot of actresses!!

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#8re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/12/08 at 6:24pm

Can we not rule out Brandi Burkhardt as Lucie Mannette in A Tale of Two Cities yet either! Go figure all these worthy female leads this year (again)!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#9re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/12/08 at 6:28pm

Foster is a lock. She's fantastic in a very troubled show.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#10re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/12/08 at 6:38pm

Oh Bobby, if only that was all it took to be a lock. Let's not forget all the politics that goes into these decisions.

I'll be thrilled for the show to get whatever nominations they do and for them to get to perform... anything else is extra.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#11re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/12/08 at 7:47pm

I'll eat Stephanie Block's hat if I'm wrong! re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#12re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/12/08 at 11:05pm

If Foster got a nod for LITTLE WOMEN, she'll most likely get a nod for SHREK.
I wonder what they'll do with the 9 TO 5 ladies and whether they'll cancel each other, and if only one gets the nod, I wonder which one it will be.
Martha Plimptom is most likely going to be petitioned for the featured role, btw.
I'm guessing the young girl playing Maria will be petitioned for lead.
That makes:
Sutton Foster-SHREK
Allison Janney, Stephanie J. Block, Megan Hilty-9 TO 5
Adelaide/Sarah Brown-GUYS & DOLLS
Maria (can't recall her name)-WEST SIDE STORY
Girl who won't get nominated from A TALE OF TWO CITIES
Lauren Kennedy, Sarah Stiles, and Anneliese van der Pol-VANITIES
Female lead from WHITE CHRISTMAS

Who am I missing?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#13re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/12/08 at 11:11pm

I really like Sutton Foster, but the fact that she's been nominated for 3 Tonys over the course of, like, 5 years and originated about 150 musicals blows my mind.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

ray-andallthatjazz86
#14re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/12/08 at 11:15pm

What do you mean? The only role that she originated and didn't get a nod for was Inga in YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#15re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/13/08 at 12:03am

givesmevoice - Kelli O'Hara has been nominated thrice in the past four seasons.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

buddharich
#16re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/13/08 at 9:03am

Other possibilities (albeit they could be petitioned as featured): Susan Blackwell and Heidi Blickenstaff for "title of show", Kerry O'Malley and Meredith Patterson for "Irving Berlin's White Christmas".

I count 17 possible eligible actresses, and I'm sure there will be a few shows that will open next May that aren't on the list so far. Some will be petitioned to compete in the featured category.

Yankeefan007
#17re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/13/08 at 9:19am

The ladies of [title of show] were ruled as Featured.

PiraguaGuy2
#18re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/13/08 at 10:11am

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sutton get another well-deserved Tony nom. Christopher Sieber has a great chance at Featured from what I've heard.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#19re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/13/08 at 10:19am

Haydn Gwynne from BILLY ELLIOT.

ray-andallthatjazz86
#20re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/13/08 at 12:57pm

Will she be petitioned as leading? I don't think her character is a leading role at all, although I can see why they would do that, in order to push Carole Shelley for the featured role category. I would love to see Gwynne get the award if she was featured, what a wonderful performance she gives in that wonderful show. However, as leading... I don't see how she could beat actual leading roles like the others mentioned. Then again, Deb Monk got a nod for CURTAINS.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#21re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/13/08 at 1:23pm

It'll be like Idina with Kirstin, but instead of two, three. But Stephanie, IMO, should get the TONY.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#22re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/13/08 at 1:37pm

I think Hadyn Gwynne will probably be leading, though she is more of a featured role. I really hope she gets whatever she is nominated for, I LOVE her. The Tony's love Sutton, so I think she'll get nominated.
I'm sure the [tos] girls are featured, but i REALLY want at elast one of them to a nod, that show needs some tony love

PiraguaGuy2
#23re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities
Posted: 10/13/08 at 1:56pm

Allison Janney has the biggest chance out of all of them, in my opinion.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08