pixeltracker

[Title of Show] Closing Performance- Page 2

[Title of Show] Closing Performance

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#25re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 11:02am

Heidi should replace Sherie Rene Scott as Ursula in MERMAID. She'd be brilliant.

coolkid11776
#26re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 11:05am

Hunter said that they would be back. So does that mean [Title of show] is tranfering back off bway? or that they would be back in other shows?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#27re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 11:23am

Hunter said that they would be back. So does that mean [Title of show] is tranfering back off bway? or that they would be back in other shows?

I think that means you'll find out when they want you to.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

TulitaPepsi Profile Photo
TulitaPepsi
#28re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 11:28am

Thank you, Leilani6543!

I suspect we'll see the entire curtain call in a few hours.
Michael's speech was wonderful and I hope it is posted in its entirety.
Benjamin and Courtney were also brought on stage to loud and enthusiastic cheers and applause.

Curtain Call

"Hurry up and get into your conga clothes - we've got to do something to save this show!"
Updated On: 10/13/08 at 11:28 AM

WonderRobbie Profile Photo
WonderRobbie
#29re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 11:46am

I can't even begin to describe last night... and it seems that most of you have already... lol

I was second row center last night and saw every tear up close and I'm sure they saw all of mine. My friend Karen and I were practically the first people up during each ovation.

It was gut wrenching but also beautiful.

What made it even better/more emotional for me was that I was sitting right in front of Jeff's family. His mom was directly behind me and is such a sweet woman.

She was laughing and crying more than anyone (understandably) but you could tell that she is so proud of her son and his friends. At one point during one of the MANY standing ovations, I turned around to her and rubbed her arm and we both smiled with tears in our eyes.

And the end of the show, as we were leaving, she said, "Thank you so much for constant support." And I said, "No, Thank YOU."

My hands were bright red by the end of the night but it was totally worth it.

Susan said that they couldn't have done anything without the three F's.
Family. Friends. Fans.

And I especially loved the shout out to the bootleggers in the audience. Classic.

It was an unbelievable night of theatre and of my life.

They'll be back in some form and I can't wait to see what happens next!

forever[tos]

WR: "Jeff, are you going get this game when it comes out?" JB: "I wouldn't be able to write another musical..." ~NY ComicCon 2/8/09

[believe]

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#30re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 12:02pm

I'm not sad at all. I saw a wonderful show twice, met some nice new friends and was inspired to kill a few vampires.

I also took something out of my "old sock drawer"--and who knows? Maybe I'll finish it this time.

I learned something I used to know but forgot: that's following a dream and your passion is its own reward.

But since they always said that "a part of knowing that the way we'll stay afloat is / to rise back up and just start over again," I'm not going to be sad--just delighted it happened.

Chrissy*J
#31re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 2:26pm

For those of you interested in the speeches in their entirety, please feel free to PM me.

Michael's words were so touching, he had me in tears.

Chrissy*J

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#32re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 2:29pm

Amazing!

PEACE.

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#33re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 2:57pm

I was also there. I saw the first preview and wanted to make it back to the final performance and brought along a fellow theatre geek who had not yet seen the show. While I appreciate the connection that this show has with the audience, including myself, I thought the audience response was an incredible distraction to enjoying the performance. Obviously, I realize this is expected at a closing show with a cult following, and I am sure the warm reception was appreciated by the cast, but it got to the point where one was unable to hear some of the show or enjoy the actual performance due to over the top fans seemingly wanting more the experience than the actual show. Granted I realize most everyone, including myself, had seen the show before, I did want to be able to enjoy the actual performances one last time and allow my friend to do the same for the first time.

Nonetheless, I will miss this show and the message it brings.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)
Updated On: 10/13/08 at 02:57 PM

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#34re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 3:59pm

This audience was louder yes, but in the correct places. I was at opening night and that had cheers through the majority of the dialogue (including a group near me who cheered for every Wonder Woman/Lynda Carter reference) distracting from the show. Last night the audience kept their loud cheers to in between scenes/songs and when there is no dialogue/sung words.

Again, this was your choice to bring someone to a closing show so you shouldn't have expected the performance to be anything like a performance from the regular run.

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

feline0favenueQ Profile Photo
feline0favenueQ
#35re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 4:20pm

Glad it went well!

Do you think they meant that they'll tour by the "we'll be back!"?

Instead of going to big theatres, they could be individually booked by smaller theatres?

avab802 Profile Photo
avab802
#36re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 4:37pm

I just remembered this, and find it really funny.
Last night while I was waiting near the stage door, a woman and two teenage girls came up to us and asked us what everyone was waiting for. (This was after Jeff had come out and the crowd had gone ape**** screaming.) We started explaining that it was the closing night of a Broadway show, and one of the girls goes, "Is Tom Cruise coming out?" I think we all looked at her blankly, and then she said someone told them that Tom Cruise was coming out and that's why there was such a big crowd. At that point we had to be nice and tell them the truth, that Tom Cruise was not coming out, and they walked away. [tos] got so much screaming people thought it was Tom Cruise! Hahaha.

broadwaytourist
#37re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 4:41pm

I was there, and while I'm not a housewife from Ohio, I'm a 48 year old wife and mother from Tennessee. I had not seen it, but I loved it! I didn't mind the audience stepping on lines or giving very deserving ovations. I quickly understood why the audience was going overboard for this production. It seems to me Jeff and Hunter caught lightening in a bottle by relating many beginning actor/artist's struggles and dreams in a fun and loving homage to truth, ambition, and reality.

It made me cry, and I am not an actor. Good job, guys, and good luck!

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#38re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 7:09pm

Though I didn't get to see it closing night, I did see it last Monday and LOVED it! Sad to see it close, though I predict a long life for the show in regional theatres.

broadwayfan3
#39re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 8:26pm

Last night was the most amazing night in the theater I think I have ever had. The show means so much to so many people, including myself, that to see it close was sad, but bittersweet because the show DID make it to Broadway. When Larry came out and people started cheering, I started to tear up...when Hunter and Jeff got a standing ovation, I was already in tears. During and after "A Way Back to Then" I could not stop crying. It was so touching how Heidi got a standing ovation, the only other performer I have seen get a standing ovation after a song is Patti LuPone, so it must have been a dream come true for her.

Altoghter the night was phenominal! I do think that it was very loud because of the cheering, but I probably am to blame for that because by the end I was so into it that I started screaming "Encore! Encore!" I wish the best to the cast and crew of [Title of Show] and I hope, and I will keep Hunter's word for it, that I can see them all perform together again!

ALso, for anybody that was there-were there any star-sightings? THe only person I saw was Norm Lewis, and I was suprised that Seth Rudetsky wasn't there, considering how into the show he is...

Oh, and I also loved when Hunter and Jeff sing "...get us on Ellen" and the audience went wild! It was just truly amazing!

"Bitch I don't know your life"-Andre Ward, Xanadu

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#40re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 9:20pm

I didn't expect it to be like a regular performance. Read my message. In any case, it was a good performance...I get why people were emotional but it seemed excessive.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

touchmeinthemorning
#41re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 9:32pm

PalJoey, my thoughts exactly. The show has encouraged me to kill a few vampires, let the paint dry, and (most importantly) dream big, bold f***ing dreams.

I'd rather work to be nine people's favorite thing.

"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#42re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 9:40pm

And if I DO finish That Thing from My Sock Drawer, touchme, and if it gets chosen by a festival...and if it gets produced Off Broadway...and if it moves to Broadway...then [title of show] will have been a part of it all.

But even if none of that happens--even if that Thing from My Sock Drawer goes back in my sock drawer, even if remains just ONE person's favorite thing--mine--[title of show] will STILL be a part of my life.

So I'm not sad. (Well, maybe a little.)

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#43re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 9:51pm

I was gonna say PJ... not even a little?

I am of course reminding myself of all of the positives about the show making it this far, the cast getting to ride such an amazing emotional ebb of support last night, etc. BUT I did slip into a bit of depression about it today. They just need to update the blog today. That would make me feel a lot better. Sort of make me realize that it really WILL live on.

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#44re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 9:59pm

While I absolutely loved this show, I'm so glad I didn't go see the final performance. Everyone who participated in the screaming and non stop screeching that I'm sure was rampant from Larry's entrance to the stage door afterwards would have made me get up and leave like that lady mentioned above. People really need to learn and understand that you can appreciate whats onstage and not ruin other peoples theatrical experience all at the same time.

Who knew?!

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#45re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 10:02pm

^^ While I respect your point that you dislike hearing the constant screaming, it wasn't really like that. The applause was very respectful and kind. It wasn't wild crazy people, it was devoted fans showing their love.

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#46re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 10:08pm

On top of which, each between-scene-applause was ended by the blinking of the answering machine light.

There were maybe 2 "out of place" applauses - "Ellen" & "can't make a BROADWAY musical" but each were brief.

Considering you weren't there, I don't know how you can justify that lady's departure.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#47re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 10:34pm

Well said, DCR, and Logan.

The audience was incredibly respectful, applauded and cheered in between songs and at appropriate times, and was incredibly silent at the appropriate times.

broadwayfan3, Barrett Foa was also there, and the entire cast of SPEECH & DEBATE (Gideon Glick, Sarah Steele, and Jason Fuchs) were all there.

Seth Rudetsky was hosting some sort of cabaret last night. That's why he couldn't be there.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

geekgirl06 Profile Photo
geekgirl06
#48re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/13/08 at 11:10pm

I thought I saw Gideon Glick there! Glad I'm not going crazy.

Anyway... the show last night was AMAZING! Now I'm back in Colorado and tres, tres depressed, but the energy in the theatre last night was exhilarating. Also saw the matinee, which I'm glad I did because I cried through the entire show just due to shear happiness that I was getting to see it.

And yes, the cheering was definitely under control. My mom was with me and it was her first time seeing the show, and she thoroughly enjoyed it and got all of it. While a lot of the opening number was swallowed up, the cheering was very appropriate for the remainder of the show.

I also loved the cheering when Hunter started to sing the Tony award song. Here's hoping!

Dancing through life... For the next ten minutes

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#49re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
Posted: 10/14/08 at 12:59am

I was surprised by how respectful the audience was. Of course, Larry's entrance got applause that lasted for the majority of the pre-show announcement (right until "suck it", naturally). And there was massive applause for the initial entrances, and at the end of the major numbers. But it did not deter from anyone's enjoyment of the show itself. Every line was heard, the laughter and reactions were at appropriate places, and frankly it added to the energy. The energy on stage, and the silent energy of those watching.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."