pixeltracker

Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway

Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#1Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 1:14am

Are there any pictures of the Shrek marquee that anyone has. I am curious to know what it looks like.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 1:26am

A question mark would have been nice.

broadwayman17
#2re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 2:08am

http://www.broadway.com/Broadway-Theatre/broadway_theaters/5007415

Yes, but sometimes people have a third deeper layer thats the same as the first. Like pie. Dr. Horrible

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
MamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
#4re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 3:01am

Pretty unexciting really.

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#5re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 4:54am

I hate that logo even more than the old one.

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#6re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 6:46am

I am very excited for this show... but they really brought ugly back with this marquee im just not feeling it.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#7re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 8:27am

one of the worst marquees i've ever seen...hope the show is better

LotteTBS138 Profile Photo
LotteTBS138
#8re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 8:37am

and the worst part, is that this ugly is competing with the MASSIVE Ugly Betty at Times Square (on the Toys R Us I think...)

I once heard someone describe her (Ruthie Henshall) singing as sounding as though she's trying to swallow a whole meatball slightly larger than her windpipe. (The same person compared Michael Ball's singing to sounding as though he's sitting on a washing machine on spin cycle and Colm Wilkinson's to a man with a paralyzed lip trying to eat cottage cheese.) --- Schmerg_The_Impaler

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#9re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 8:42am

If you think that's ugly, have you ever seen the William Steig illustrations for his original book?

re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
Updated On: 10/17/08 at 08:42 AM

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#10re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 9:33am

Wow that's a pretty awful book cover.

But getting back to the marquee...yeah that's pretty ugly. I can't imagine that would get anyone excited about seeing the show.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#11re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 10:05am

I think it's okay. Thanks for posting the pictures!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

jagfkb
#12re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 11:01am

Around the edge of the theatre they already have some production photos, which do look pretty good.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#13re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 11:50am

They could have really used a big blow-up "S" or something...

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#14re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 11:52am

THIS MARQUEE JUST DOESN'T GIVE ME A FULL ON BONER LIKE OTHER MARQUEES.

Seriously guys? REALLY??!

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#15re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 11:52am

THIS MARQUEE JUST DOESN'T GIVE ME A FULL ON BONER LIKE OTHER MARQUEES.

Seriously guys? REALLY??!

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#16re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 5:04pm

I don't really get what's so wrong with it.

1) This logo with the illustrated character silhouettes is SO much more charming than the original that was just a giant "S" with antennae and pitifully read as "The Musical Shrek". WTF? So this Broadway production is about a continued adventure of Shrek where he's a concert pianist? No. The new logo is volumes better, IMO.

2) Look at how little actual marquee space is there at the Broadway Theatre. All the permanent installation offers is the band around the bottom and the two long poster frames above. Given what little space they have to work with, I think it looks great.

It's GREEN, bright, and cute.

What do you want, animatronics of the characters stapled to the exterior? =)

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#17re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 5:18pm

What do you want, animatronics of the characters stapled to the exterior? =)

Yes, actually. That would be neat.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#18re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 5:34pm

That's a nice theatre, marquee not included. I've never seen the theatre before. Anyway, I don't think it's that bad.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

Mattbrain
#19re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 6:02pm

It reminds me of Tarzan.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#20re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 6:40pm

It does me make realize how ugly the building actually is on the outside.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

GIZMO2 Profile Photo
GIZMO2
#21re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 6:43pm

I have to admit that I lost any potential bulge in my crotch too when first saw this marquee. I was like, "Are they serious?" For me, the silhouette of Shrek (with the ears and all) would have been the best selling point -- not the whole "ugly/green" theme.

btw, there's also an aggressive subway poster campaign going on right now with the same green sign. I saw it like 5 times before I realized that it was advertising Shrek on Broadway.

Sometimes you wonder how much producers pay for these marketing agencies. . . .

bwayfan9
#22re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 6:44pm

I don't see what is wrong with this marquee, you are just a bunch of complainers.

Obama/Biden 08
Updated On: 10/17/08 at 06:44 PM

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#23re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 7:17pm

bwayfan9 , shut your racist mouth up. And realize it's marquee not marguee.

I do think that the green stripe around the bottom did remind me of tarzan.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

gypsy4
#24re: Pictures of The Shrek Marquee at The Broadway
Posted: 10/17/08 at 7:18pm

The logo looks realy theme parkish.

Videos