pixeltracker

For those familiar with IBDB.com

For those familiar with IBDB.com

rjjn Profile Photo
rjjn
#1For those familiar with IBDB.com
Posted: 1/5/09 at 9:42pm

It's saddening how empty the home page looks now...

http://www.ibdb.com/

"Rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love." -Neil Patrick Harris
Updated On: 1/5/09 at 09:42 PM

Manny2
#2re: For those familiar with IBDB.com
Posted: 1/5/09 at 9:50pm

It really is, and in three months there will be two less. Scary.

We need to boost the economy, so that more people will attend shows, and keep them on longer.

Let's have a bake sale. :)

broadwayboy1
#2re: For those familiar with IBDB.com
Posted: 1/5/09 at 9:52pm

Lol. That'll do the trick, Manny2. It is really scary to see the number of shows drop dramatically, and two more will be dropped after Sunday.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#3re: For those familiar with IBDB.com
Posted: 1/5/09 at 9:53pm

Tons of new shows are opening soon, relax!

MissAnneThrop Profile Photo
MissAnneThrop
#4re: For those familiar with IBDB.com
Posted: 1/5/09 at 9:58pm

Thank you Bobby. I am so over this whole the economy has killed Broadway. Yes, some shows closed but many of them had a long, healthy run and entertained a lot of people and made $. There'll be new shows, problem is, i think is some of the posters here are not old enough to ever have lived through bad economic times before. Remember the late 70's, the early 90's. Shows close, others open.

And I Am Always So Vitriolic

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#5re: For those familiar with IBDB.com
Posted: 1/5/09 at 10:03pm

3 musical revivals, 3 new musicals (maybe four), and plenty of new plays and new play revivals. Broadway will be full come Spring.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#6re: For those familiar with IBDB.com
Posted: 1/5/09 at 11:16pm

weren't some of the shows that just closed limited engagements anyway? it's sad that shows are closing and people are losing jobs, but at least Broadway isn't stagnant.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#7re: For those familiar with IBDB.com
Posted: 1/5/09 at 11:49pm

I actually gasped. That page has never looked like that -- virtually blank. re: For those familiar with IBDB.com

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#8re: For those familiar with IBDB.com
Posted: 1/6/09 at 12:07am

And they even made the font bigger and everything a tad more spaced out to make it look like not a lot is missing.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#9re: For those familiar with IBDB.com
Posted: 1/6/09 at 3:50am

Only 5 of the shows that closed yesterday were open ended runs. Everything else was set to close on that date due to a limited run. This is overblown media hype that you are all falling for,

TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
#10re: For those familiar with IBDB.com
Posted: 1/6/09 at 7:49am

"Only 5 of the shows that closed yesterday were open ended runs. Everything else was set to close on that date due to a limited run. This is overblown media hype that you are all falling for, "

Except .... in better economical times, several of those, along with the upcoming GYPSY and SPRING AWAKENING closings, would probably would have been able to continue..

2016 These Paper Bullets (1/02) Our Mother's Brief Affair (1/06), Dragon Boat Racing (1/08), Howard - reading (1/28), Shear Madness (2/10), Fun Home (2/17), Women Without Men (2/18), Trip Of Love (2/21), The First Gentleman -reading (2/22), Southern Comfort (2/23), The Robber Bridegroom (2/24), She Loves Me (3/11), Shuffle Along (4/12), Shear Madness (4/14), Dear Evan Hansen (4/16), American Psycho (4/23), Tuck Everlasting (5/10), Indian Summer (5/15), Peer Gynt (5/18), Broadway's Rising Stars (7/11), Trip of Love (7/27), CATS (7/31), The Layover (8/17), An Act Of God (8/31), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (8/24), Heisenberg (10/12), Fiddler On The Roof (11/02), Othello (11/23), Dear Evan Hansen (11/26), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (12/21) 2017 In Transit (2/01), Groundhog Day (4/04), Ring Twice For Miranda (4/07), Church And State (4/10), The Lucky One (4/19), Ernest Shackleton Loves Me (5/16), Building The Wall (5/19), Indecent (6/01), Six Degrees of Separation (6/09), Marvin's Room (6/28), A Doll's House Pt 2 (7/25) Curvy Widow (8/01)

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#11re: For those familiar with IBDB.com
Posted: 1/6/09 at 8:10am

>Except .... in better economical times, several of those, along with the upcoming GYPSY and SPRING AWAKENING closings, would probably would have been able to continue.<

But Spring Awakening had a very soft summer where it should have been doing well, even before the bottom really fell out on the economy in September. And apart from the original production, Gypsy has never been a long runner, though I would agree that in better times, it should have been able to make it to one year.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

PiraguaGuy2
#12re: For those familiar with IBDB.com
Posted: 1/6/09 at 8:56am

What was really scary was the ABCs in the Times today.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Videos