pixeltracker

Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition) - Page 3

Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)

erinrebecca
#50re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 6/14/09 at 1:48pm

"Matt Caplin will be performing in every high school production of RENT later this year...as the part of mark...still"

BroadwayboundJoe, you need to pay closer attention. Matt CaplAn has been in the Broadway production of South Pacific since it opened 15 months ago. He's also now celebrating his wife's Tony win. I don't imagine he gives Rent much of a thought these days.

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#51re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 6/14/09 at 2:40pm

Diane Fratantoni is now known as Diane Sutherland - she took her husband's name - and was last seen in Light in the Piazza as Signora Nacarelli, replacing Patti Cohenour.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

Dollypop
#52re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 6/14/09 at 7:48pm

Let's see, my list goes back a while:

Mary Jo Catlett

Pia Zadora

Marlyn Mason

Carol Lynley

Michael De Vries

Danny Lockin

Ernestine Jackson

Jeff Fenholt

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#53re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 6/14/09 at 7:52pm

Michael De Vries: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2033067/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#54re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 6/14/09 at 8:17pm

I saw Diane Sutherland and her husband (I forget his first name -- Brian, maybe?) as Sarah and Sky in a touring production of "Guys and Dolls" a few years ago, the one with Maurice Hines as Nathan. They were very good. (If you guys remember my story about the actors who got dive-bombed by a bird in an open-air theater, that was them. re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition) )

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#55re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 6/14/09 at 8:51pm

Michael De Vries is in Wicked.

Dollypop
#56re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 6/14/09 at 9:18pm

What part is he playing in WICKED?

chiuptown
#57re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 6/14/09 at 9:57pm

oh thanks you guys about fratatoni. glad to hear it (except the dive bomb),, anyone know stephen crenshaw? last i saw him was afew rows ahead of me at Ballroom.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#58re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 6/16/09 at 5:41pm

He's the father and all those other little ensemble roles that go with it like the guard.

PitPro2004 Profile Photo
PitPro2004
#59re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 6/16/09 at 7:09pm

Re: Kim Crosby, I believe she and Robert have two darling little girls and he did a regional production of THE FULL MONTY not too long ago. Read an interview somewhere. Kim used to appear with various orchestras around the country singing in concert.

My biggest loss is that of Kathleen Rowe-McAllen, Tony nom'd for Aspects of Love. Someone told me she was working in an office back in California. I actually found her brother online at one point but was too chicken to send him an email to tell her how badly she was missed.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium!"

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#60re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 6/16/09 at 7:23pm

Daisy Egan appeared at the Lucy Simon tribute concert on sunday. She said that she doesn't act anymore and is now a psychologist.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#61re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 6/16/09 at 7:27pm

How about Patricia Elliot, Victoria Mallory and Mark Lambert? I miss them all even if I'm only familiar with their work on A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC. And I know Laurence Guittard has done a lot of work regionally but why hasn't he been on Broadway since 1992?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

bryan
#62re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 6/16/09 at 9:23pm

where is the cast of crybaby the muiscal.

Dollypop
#63re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 6/16/09 at 9:43pm

Victoria Mallory did a special show with Kurt Peterson, recalling their time together in the Lincoln Center WEST SIDE STORY. This was only recently.

Updated On: 6/16/09 at 09:43 PM

pnwlove
#64re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/8/11 at 5:12am

@chiuptown : Unfortunately, we lost Stephen Crenshaw in 1998. He was living in Seattle 'til then. xoxo

pnwlove
#65re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/8/11 at 5:12am

Updated On: 10/8/11 at 05:12 AM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#66re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/8/11 at 9:22am

Dollypop---you seriously don't know what happened to Danny Lockin (Barnaby in the movie "Hello, Dolly!)?

He died in a horrifically brutal way back in 1977 at the age of 34. He picked up a guy in a bar, they went back to his place, and he was tortured and murdered (stabbed more than 100 times).

Still makes me sick every time I think about it. By the way, Google is a very easy way to find out about many of these people.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

husk_charmer
#67re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/8/11 at 3:02pm

The delightful mess that is Pia Zadora is currently in retirement. She has said she wants to raise her family.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

chiuptown
#68re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/9/11 at 11:33am

Thanks PNWlove, i left you a pm, but Stephen was a wonderful talent, and I have very fond memories of some times spent w/ him.

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#69re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/9/11 at 11:51am

Aside from being a standby in the 2001 "Follies", Don Correia pretty much disappeared til this current revival (same with Sandy Duncan aside from an Encores! show). I guess he's a pretty successful realtor in Connecticut where he and Sandy live.

Same with Susan Watson.

and what about Shirley Jones?? where's she/what's she doing??

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#70re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/9/11 at 12:07pm

Um...Sandy Duncan works almost constantly. It's just mostly in regional theatre.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

husk_charmer
#71re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/11/11 at 12:29pm

Shirley Jones is doing the college lecture circuit. She was at TCU last fall.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#72re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/11/11 at 2:22pm

D. Jamin Bartlett, Amanda Plummer, Zohra Lampert, Ann Wedgeworth, Frances Ruffelle, Michael McGuire, Judi Carne, Julie Newmar

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#73re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/11/11 at 2:35pm

D'Jamin Bartlett lives in Florida now and works behind the scenes, but I believe she still performs occasionally. She sang "The Miller's Son" at a concert at Joe's Pub several years ago and was amazing, still managing the song in the original key.

I saw Amanda Plummer as Alma in SUMMER AND SMOKE at Paper Mill in 2007. She was magnificent.

Michael Maguire still performs concerts, mostly in California, where he lives. He also earned a law degree several years ago. I remember talk that he'd been blackballed to a degree in New York because he'd been physically abusive toward his then-girlfriend, Susan Stroman, back in the early nineties. No idea how truthful that is, but it's a pervasive sentiment.

I believe Ruffelle is still active in the UK.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#74re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/11/11 at 9:39pm

I thought I read the reason for Michael C. Hall's divorce from Amy was that he was playing on the side with his sister from stupid Dexter.

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be

Videos