Shrek on the View...

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#1Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 11:39am

They're on after the break.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#2re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 11:48am

I haven't seen the show, but from that performance it looks rediculously dumb, and Sutton Foster deserves much better

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#2re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 11:51am

Interesting two songs to do.....They should have done the Three part Who I'd Be

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#3re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 11:53am

I had little or no interest in seeing this show. Now my interest has dropped into the negatives after seeing this.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

show lover
#4re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 11:55am

I agree. Thought I would want to see this show. BAD BAD Fartings GROSS songs anyone could write that. NO THANKS This just proves what I said before and everyone blasted me. Very expensive shows for the kids.
Watch the DVD instead

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#5re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 11:55am

i loved shrek when i saw it on sat..it was great..i didnt see the performance on the view though..hopefully its posted on line soon

massofmen
#6re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 12:04pm

ugh that was awful.
Whoever is in charge of the marketing for Shrek needs to be fired. Its really bad and just not ..ugh.
People. Doing a fart song on a tv show where the demographic is almost 100% women! come on. Do the 3 girl song to maximize the "young girl" factor. You think mothers will now be crazily calling ticketmaster so they can go with their children to see that? Lord.
This show's worst enemy is itself. It will be lucky to get a tony nom now.

My prediction:

BElliot
Rock Of Ages
9-5
and BARELY shrek.
just sad.

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#7re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 12:12pm

umm Next To Normal please be true lol

broadwayjim42
#8re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 12:21pm

Didn't see "The View" but did see "Shrek" in January and 1)agree that the show is its own worst enemy and 2) they picked the fart song over the only two good songs in the show ("I Know it's Today" and "Who I'd Be")?

Sad, just sad. Great cast doing doing their best in the face of a show not up to their talents.

RacerX Profile Photo
RacerX
#9re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 12:26pm

Personally I thought it was pretty darn awesome. Looks like they had to do some funky cuts of the music to make the songs work, and it seems like the haters are all in high school & hate anything that isn't performed by themselves so no one actually cares about your opinion anyway. Have a great day!!!

lachiusafan Profile Photo
lachiusafan
#10re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 12:40pm

Poor Shrek. I actually feel bad for Shrek.

show lover
#11re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 12:42pm

SORRY RACER way out of High School LOVE Theater that is CRAP
Would not see it if it was FREE

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#12re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 12:45pm

I thought high schoolers liked fart humor?

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

HBBrock
#13re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 1:05pm

I thought it was awesome....Sutton and Brian were amazing as always.

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#14re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 1:17pm

yep RacerX, I didn't like it because I wasn't performing it and I'm in high school, not because it was infantile and dumb.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#15re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 1:41pm

I thought they did a nice job. I haven't seen the show yet in NYC, but for the most part I enjoyed the two performances.

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Chris3
#16re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 2:25pm

I saw Shrek and liked it but the show's charm did not come through in these performances. Agree with massofmen.

MisterRussell Profile Photo
MisterRussell
#17re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 2:51pm

In a brief thought, I watched the two performances with nothing but mortification for everybody involved. Two of the stupidest numbers ever. And musical FARTS and BURPS? When Sutton stuck out her ass and scrunched up her face and reacted to the fart noise, I lost about 2/3 of the enormous respect I had for her. The sooner this piece of crap closes and is forgotten the better.

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#18re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 2:59pm

It's f*cking SHREK people!! Have any of you seen the movie? You act like you didn't expect farts or burps. It's not Sondheim or Laurents & it doesn't try to be.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#19re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 3:17pm

Anyone have a clip?

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#20re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 3:33pm

Updated On: 2/17/09 at 03:33 PM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#21re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 5:25pm

Actually, I hear Arthur Laurents farts a lot.

PiraguaGuy2
#22re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 5:46pm

Popular, that link is a fake.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

PiraguaGuy2
#23re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 5:54pm

The episode is now up on ABC.com/theview.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#24re: Shrek on the View...
Posted: 2/17/09 at 7:33pm

the ABC video player isn't working on my computer...someone upload it to youtube please

Videos