KirbyCat
#1Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 2:05am

Hey guys- for whoever has been to the Broadway Theater recently, has the OBCR been on sale to the public yet? I mean I was hearing things on the board saying that it might be out by the end of the month in the theater. (The search isn't working on my computer... sorry!)

PS-they've changed the album artwork too...
Shrek OBCR

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#8re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 2:36am

Someone pick me up a copy when it's at the theatre. I'll pay.

KirbyCat
#9re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 3:02am

I have a very strong feeling that people are going to be pleasantly surprised with this recording... What makes most people upset about this show I think is the staging, which somewhat blocks out the beautiful score... (This is my opinion! Please don't hate on me!!)

But yeah, anyways, I'm really looking forward to this release, but I don't know what's taking so long with it... The first release date was March 3rd and now it's the 24th! Hmmm...

-sorry for any typo's I'm typing via iPod. Updated On: 2/22/09 at 03:02 AM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#10re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 4:05am

re: Shrek OBCR

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#11re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 4:35am

I like the new artwork. It looks slightly more professional. Not much.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#12re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 8:42am

I don't like the artwork but I'm very exciting for this release! I want it NOW!

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#14re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 9:55am

I like the new artwork much better than the old one. I personally think that this recording will sell really well even though you have the people like the ones on this board that really hate this show. I'm just excited to see it March 15th..

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#15re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 10:05am

I saw Shrek Feb 14th and i went into the show with low expectations and came out loving it!..i think it will do well after the tonys

lull89 Profile Photo
lull89
#17re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 11:50am

I was at Shrek last night and there was no sign of the CD being displayed. They did have Wish, though, but that's available anywhere.

KirbyCat
#18re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 12:03pm

That's really getting me thinking now- what's taking them so long? Are they still in the printing process? Gr. This is making me want it more!!

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#19re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 12:15pm

The cast recording will be released on March 24.
Shrek @ Amazon

thiisismegan
#20re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 12:20pm

Yes the OBCR is done because i when i was at the stagedoor i saw jeanine tesoria and asked daniel breaker if she was giving notes and he said no, the cd was finished. SO i think its safe to say it is done and they must have a reason for not releasing it till March 24th now.

KirbyCat
#21re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 12:22pm

I wonder if they'll include the farts and burps in I Think I've Got You Beat...

BroadwayBoy2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy2
#22re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 12:29pm

I wonder what deal Sutton has with the Broadway Theatre, in order for her to sell Wish there.

I'll have them clawing at eachother, like drag queens at a wig sale"

KirbyCat
#23re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 12:47pm

I'd think she'd get at least 30% profit from it.

EveHarrington Profile Photo
EveHarrington
#24re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 12:59pm

Can there be a cast recording of the demo score written by a different composer entirely? It's worlds better.
Updated On: 2/22/09 at 12:59 PM

Sondheim_Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim_Geek
#25re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 1:23pm

It's normal for a headliner to sell a CD, if they have one, at the merch booth. Sweeney I remember had QUITE a few: LuPone sold Matters of the Heart and The Lady with the Torch, LoMo sold her EP, Diana DiMarzio had her CD and Michael Cerveris had his band's.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#26re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 1:28pm

Kerry Ellis' CD was on sale on the Gershwin. Stephanie J. Block's will probably be sold at the Marquis. It's not a rare thing. Laura Bell's CD is on sale on tour so it might have to do with the show and not the venue.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot
Updated On: 2/22/09 at 01:28 PM

HometownGlory Profile Photo
HometownGlory
#27re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 1:29pm

Wish was selling like hotcakes two nights ago when I was there. As for the OBCR, they had an empty case propped open with the "S" logo on it that looked like it was printed on an old '90s printer, so they were still just doing preorders.

ETA: There were also guys in the lobby handing out flyers advertising her album after the show let out. They even came by the stagedoor and handed them out there. Updated On: 2/22/09 at 01:29 PM

KirbyCat
#28re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 1:30pm

At Young Frankenstein Megan Mullally had her CD's on sale... 20 bucks each as compared to the OBCR for 25. Personally, I'd rather have the OBCR.

Hmm, will they even go on sale before the release date at all then? Updated On: 2/22/09 at 01:30 PM

dg22894
#29re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 1:56pm

Anthony Rapp's and Adam Pascal's CDs were on sale at RENT

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#31re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/22/09 at 2:03pm

Country music doesn't mean it's for rednecks.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.
Updated On: 2/22/09 at 02:03 PM

Mattbrain
#33re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/23/09 at 7:30pm

"It's normal for a headliner to sell a CD, if they have one, at the merch booth. Sweeney I remember had QUITE a few: LuPone sold Matters of the Heart and The Lady with the Torch, LoMo sold her EP, Diana DiMarzio had her CD and Michael Cerveris had his band's."

Yeah, and when I saw Aida, I saw Sherie Rene Scott's solo CD and when I saw The Music Man, I saw Rebecca Luker's Cole Porter CD.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

singinsilly Profile Photo
singinsilly
#34re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/23/09 at 7:43pm

I think everyone had really low expectations for Shrek, hence why we were all as pleasantly surprised as we were.

Surprise! It doesn't suck anywhere near as much as you thought!
Surprise! You actually chuckled!

HSM- it looks like someone took a shit on Footloose.

KirbyCat
#35re: Shrek OBCR
Posted: 2/23/09 at 8:27pm

You know, that's an amazing marketing technique!
-Put on a crap name show and make it extremely lavish and hire only the best creative team and cast!

Videos