pixeltracker

Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves

Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves

PiraguaGuy2
Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#2re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/25/09 at 2:58pm

Oh, hooray! I honestly can't believe she hadn't gotten one yet. Hopefully it actually looks like her, unlike Clay Aiken's and Dan Radcliffe's!

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#2re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/25/09 at 3:00pm

Finally!

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#3re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/25/09 at 3:10pm

Good for her! She deserves it.

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#4re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/25/09 at 3:15pm

I can't believe she doesn't have one already.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#5re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/25/09 at 3:36pm

Congrats to a truly fantastic theatre performer who deserves this honor very much!!

www.christopherviolett.com

WishingOnlyWounds2
#6re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/25/09 at 3:49pm

It's about time!

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#7re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/25/09 at 5:11pm

Good for her, she deserves it.

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#8re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/25/09 at 5:18pm

WHEN DOES ALICE RIPLEY GET ONE???

Craww
#9re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/25/09 at 6:04pm

This thread title seemed so sinister to me.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#10re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/25/09 at 7:24pm

A few months into the run of DROWSY, it seemed completely absurd that Bob Martin was given a Sardi's caricature for his Broadway debut while Sutton was there looking on.

Even Danny Burstein, who just recently now received his Sardi's caricature during SOUTH PACIFIC, standing there with Sutton watching Bob Martin get his caricature while Danny was in midst of performing in his 9th Broadway show, seemed absurd.

Heck, Priscilla Lopez just received her Sardi's caricature last year, and she won her Tony Award decades ago.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

faithzilla Profile Photo
faithzilla
#11re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/25/09 at 8:52pm

I'm shocked she didn't have one already!

Wow. I really can't believe it.

Rotel1026
#12re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/25/09 at 9:53pm

Does a Sardi's caricature actually mean anything anymore?

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#13re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/25/09 at 10:02pm

"Does a Sardi's caricature actually mean anything anymore?"

I'm not so sure.

I was just at Sardi's this past weekend and was looking at some of the caricatures and I couldn't believe some of the people represented. PeeWee Herman? Really?

Some people can just buy one without really deserving it.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Shannon Bo Dannon Profile Photo
Shannon Bo Dannon
#14re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/25/09 at 10:13pm

Yay Sutton! I'm glad Sutton finally has one, she truly deserves it.

Hank
#15re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/26/09 at 7:10pm

I've been asking the matre'd about that for years, with the understanding that the subject must be a some what regular patron of the restaurant.
I'm looking forward to seeing this. Can someone please tell me where it's placed?

25th Annual Speller Profile Photo
25th Annual Speller
#16re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/26/09 at 11:56pm

I'm so happy!

"I've had a lot of failed relationships, I don't get involved because I'm not equipped. I believe that the world should revolve around me"

bwaybabe2
#17re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/27/09 at 5:30am

"Some people can just buy one without really deserving it."

I'm beginning to think this might be true...look at all the other so called "veterans" of Broadway without their place in Sardi's...shame :{
Anyways, very nice for Sutton, she should be up there! :)

Alison88
#18re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/27/09 at 1:56pm

The title of this thread is kind of misleading, but true! Congrats on your caricature and congrats on this: http://www.playbill.com/news/article/126665.html

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#19re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 2/27/09 at 1:59pm

"he title of this thread is kind of misleading"

I believe that was the point...

Shannon Bo Dannon Profile Photo
Shannon Bo Dannon
#20re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 3/3/09 at 7:36pm

So cute!

re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves

jennyish Profile Photo
jennyish
#21re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 3/3/09 at 7:53pm

Aw, it even kind of looks like her! They have the eyebrow tilt and everything.

I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not.

PiraguaGuy2
#22re: Sutton Foster Finally Gets What She Deserves
Posted: 3/3/09 at 7:55pm

Who's drawing these Sardi's caricatures lately? Stevie Wonder? That looks more like Kate Shindle.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Videos