pixeltracker

Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center Fall 2009

Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center Fall 2009

Mattbrain
#2re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center Fall 2009
Posted: 3/5/09 at 11:24am

It's certainly nice to hear that it's getting a production. At least I think so.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center Fall 2009
Posted: 3/5/09 at 11:27am

Follow your heart? Bwahahahah! Oh Frank, when will you learn?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#3re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center Fall 2009
Posted: 3/5/09 at 11:39am

I laughed at the Follow Your Heart tagline too! I hope Brandi gets cast in this!!

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#4re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/5/09 at 11:41am

Brandi in this would be amazing!! But, who knows, since she recently called it off, but oh well, still exciting!
Hope it still includes "Once More I Can See"!!

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#5re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/5/09 at 12:03pm

The music on the website sounds alright, still unfortunately Wildhornish, but those lyrics definately need some work. Is it really necessary for the Mad Hatter to announce that he's the Mad Hatter in song?
The story sounds interesting though, sort of Hook meets Return to Oz. Though Wildhorn has never been a recipe for success.

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#6re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/5/09 at 12:14pm

That is some of the worst music I've ever heard...

just when I thought Wildhorn couldn't get any worse.

broadwayguy2
#7re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/5/09 at 12:15pm

If anyone needs me, I will be in a corner.. crying.
That was awful.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#8re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/5/09 at 12:27pm

I wasn't impressed with the music clips either. But I figure they are demos and will sound better fully orchestrated with different vocalists.

Just give the world Love.

Roscoe
#9re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/5/09 at 12:38pm

Suddenly that Tim Burton film is looking downright appealing...

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#10re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/5/09 at 12:44pm

Whatever happened to the other Alice in Wonderlandesque show "Trip of Love"?

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

TheCharleston
#11re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/5/09 at 1:09pm

"But I figure they are demos and will sound better fully orchestrated with different vocalists."

I wasn't basing it on the quality or production (of the demo).

I simply basing my opinion on how terrible the music and lyrics are...

recording a new album will change nothing for me.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#12re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/5/09 at 1:26pm

I listened to the demo CD and enjoyed some of the tracks, which showed potential. Good thing he's not writing for the Wildhorn haters. It's not like anything he could do would make any difference with them, anyway.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#13re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/5/09 at 6:37pm

Well it certainly isn't the best stuff he's done, but it certainly isn't the worst.

Personally, I liked in the video on BWW that gave Gregory Boyd (who had practically nothing to do with the Broadway production of Jekyll & HYDE) some credit for both J&H and for directing this one..!

And who knows, it may never make it to Broadway so don't cry TC/TDH. "Waiting for the Moon" (2005), "Camille Claudel" (2003), "Svengali" (1992), amongst others have never made it to the Great White Way after debuting out of town; or, it will take years to get here (and more than likely better!).

PiraguaGuy2
#14re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/5/09 at 6:42pm

Thank God Broadway's finally caught on to Wildie's "I'll just rearrange these bits of Jekyll and Hyde music, use the same actors, costumes and sets, and nobody will notice!" act, and they're not putting up with it anymore.

That man is like what would happen if Cameron Mackintosh had a baby with Mel Brooks' songwriting ability.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Mister Matt
#15re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/5/09 at 8:31pm

Thank God Broadway's finally caught on to Wildie's "I'll just rearrange these bits of Jekyll and Hyde music, use the same actors, costumes and sets, and nobody will notice!" act, and they're not putting up with it anymore.

That doesn't even make sense. I get the part about similarities in his music, which could be said of practically every Broadway composer, but about the actors, costumes and sets? First, that's not Wildhorn's work. Second, it's just a ludicrous.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#16re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/5/09 at 8:41pm

^^Yeah my favourite thing about that is Mr. Wildhorn has broke so many ties with actors & actresses, not once has any actor or actress (except Linda Eder & Chuck Wagner, who both did Jekyll & Svengali) do another Wildhorn musical [yet], actually on a stage? Or atleast not to my immediate knowledge.

And agreed -- How do the costumes from The Scarlet Pimpernel look anything like something you'd see in The Civil War? Who could forget the big labortory's entrance in Dracula, the musical either? Hmmmmmmmmm.

chenothegood Profile Photo
chenothegood
#17re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/6/09 at 9:10am

Who is singing the songs on the website? It is driving me crazy!! The girl sounds soo much like Lauren Kennedy but i didnt really hear anything about her doing it....
Any help??

Spring Awakening 7.3.07!!, Wicked/ Rent 7.5.07!!, Legally Blonde 7.6.07!! The Color Purple 7.7.07!!, Gypsy 8.19.08!!, In the Heights/Wicked 8.20.08!!, The Little Mermaid 8.21.08!! Legally Blonde Tour 11.9.08!! Shrek 7.7.09!!, Blithe Spririt 7.8.09!!, 9 to 5 7.9.09!!, Next to Normal 7.10.09!!

TheCharleston
#18re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/6/09 at 9:12am

It's a demo.. it could be ANYONE

chenothegood
#19re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/6/09 at 9:24am

^^ I do realize that... what else would it be??? but you mean there is no information out there at all that would say who it is? I am sure someone must know....

Spring Awakening 7.3.07!!, Wicked/ Rent 7.5.07!!, Legally Blonde 7.6.07!! The Color Purple 7.7.07!!, Gypsy 8.19.08!!, In the Heights/Wicked 8.20.08!!, The Little Mermaid 8.21.08!! Legally Blonde Tour 11.9.08!! Shrek 7.7.09!!, Blithe Spririt 7.8.09!!, 9 to 5 7.9.09!!, Next to Normal 7.10.09!!

TheCharleston
#20re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/6/09 at 10:11am

Ask your question on here: http://boards.wildhornfans.net/ar/

I'm shocked that he actually has a whole set of message boards devoted to him. But whatever. Philly03 probably made them..

TheCharleston
#21re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/6/09 at 10:17am

Wait.

http://jackmurphymusic.com/jackmurphy/Future_Podcast/Future_Podcast.html

Your answer for TWO of the songs are on that website. Seems like it was Tracy Miller for the "Mad Hatter" song and Michael Lanning for the "Caterpillar" song.

Never heard of either performer.

PattiLover Profile Photo
PattiLover
#22re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/6/09 at 10:58am

Yuck, bad music, bad lyrics. Wildhorn had never, ever been able to capture the spirit of the story. I realize that this is an updated story of Alice in Wonderland, but the music still sounds all wrong.

The Caterpillar song is obviously inspired by Sammy Davis Jr.'s Caterpillar from the 80's movie. Cheap.

Mister Matt
#23re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/6/09 at 11:17am

This four-track demo from 2007 has a couple of different numbers and some cast info.
Alice

chenothegood
#24re: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND to Premiere at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center F
Posted: 3/6/09 at 12:20pm

Thanks for the help TheCharleston and Mister Matt!
I appreciate it!