pixeltracker

Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!- Page 2

Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#25re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/24/09 at 6:10am

I think Zac Efron CAN dance, though. I think that's his greatest strength. And I never thought I'd be defending Zac Efron, but I think he's only good at expressing emotions when he dances, and that won't help him in movies that don't involve dancing.

Didn't Zac Efron play a mentally challenged character when he was younger, or was that someone else from High School Musical.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#26re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/24/09 at 7:49am

If you think there cancel this project because hes not involved your crazy

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#27re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/24/09 at 9:23am

If you think there cancel this project because hes not involved your crazy

re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake! Updated On: 3/24/09 at 09:23 AM

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#28re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/24/09 at 11:28am

Thanks, Phyllis. That made me choke on my peppermint.

I don't know how I feel about this, I was looking forward to it.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#29re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/24/09 at 11:30am

I don't get why people hate him so much. I thought he was fine in Hairspray and while I wasn't really champing at the bit for a movie musical version of Footloose, I thought he was a good choice for it.

justagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
#30re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/24/09 at 12:19pm

I'm with Phyllis and Schmerg. I thought this was a really good vehicle for him, and though he's no DiCaprio, I think he's got a little potential there. He's the most talented in the High School Musicals (in my non-target-market opinion at least...and I know that isn't saying a lot, but work with me here), and I also think dancing is his strong suit as evidenced by that "Boys Are Back" number in HSM3. I loathe Footloose with every fiber of my being, but I think he could have pulled it off. If they get a Jonas, THEN I'll be pissed. As for Efron, I don't get the hatred either. He's harmless and seems like a nice enough kid who's trying his best.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#31re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/24/09 at 12:32pm

What about that Cordon Bleu guy?

Zac has to really break out to succeed,
like work with Van Zandt or something.

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
#32re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/24/09 at 1:07pm

People really need to give the guy a break.

Yes, he was in High School Musical - he had to start somewhere...so why not in a billion dollar movie franchise?

He did Hairspray, yes another musical but a lot more credible and he did a pretty great job in that role.

17 Again was a predictable step - another teen heart throb in high school, but Me & Orson Welles was an interesting choice...and now Footloose is out of the way, and I think we can assume Hairspray and HSM sequels are too...this leaves him with a good chance to break out of the mould we've given him and mayb surprise us?

Shannon Bo Dannon Profile Photo
Shannon Bo Dannon
#33re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/24/09 at 2:28pm

I'm disappointed. This really would've been a great project for Zac. As said above, he really can dance and he has so much potential as an actor. I don't get all of the hate either.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#34re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/24/09 at 3:24pm

Well Curtain, the blonde kid from HSM was in Milk, so I guess we'll see how that works out for him...

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#35re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/24/09 at 5:36pm

Hmm, the Corbin Bleu guy is a great dancer, but he's even less of a singer and actor than Zac Efron...

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#36re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/24/09 at 5:45pm

I think Efron could've easily handled the acting depth required for Footloose.

This project will probably dry up now. Efron, by himself, hasn't really been tested as a box office draw on his own- we'll see how 17 Again does- and there isn't another well-known enough star in his age bracket that could suitably pull it off. It's not like Footloose was a big enough hit on Broadway to warrant anything further or to signal a chance for a big fat hit for producers.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

esparza 333
#37re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/24/09 at 5:53pm

I agree with other people that Zac really needs to break out. In general he is a strong dancer and though his material was not very good with High School Musical, I thought he was excellent in Hairspray. It is sad he won't be doing this cause even though he does want to break out of the Musical mold I thought this would be a perfect chance to show how talented he is. High School Musical was weak material and Hairspray was not a big enough part. I would like to see NOlan Gerard Funk who starred in Spectacular or maybe even Lucas Grabeel.

Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#38re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/24/09 at 6:17pm

On a side note:

Zac went to my High School and my old drama teacher loves saying, "The last time Zac Effron was actually IN a high school musical, I directed him."

It made me laugh.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#39re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/24/09 at 8:17pm

He would have been great, as would have been this whole project with him attached. They better find a great replacement.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#40re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/25/09 at 4:28am

Schmerg-- you are correct. When Efron was 10 or 12 he played a severly autistic boy. (Lifetime movie?) Don't know the name of it. He was pretty good in it.

I don't think he's all that terrible, either. A favorite? Not in a million years. And I don't think changing your mind about one movie is going to ruin his career. Nor do I think "greed" has anything to do with it. GADS of actors do. He had an "out" in his contract and decided on a different career path.

And I took a double take when seeing Lucas Gabreel in MILK. I guess THAT ends HIS career with the Disney franchise, eh? Good for him as well. I remember seeing some interview that talked about what a serious actor/person he actually is. (And before anyone jumps on me for knowing that, I've seen all 3 HSMs multiple times because I have young kids!)

I rather hated the idea of the remake anyway. The original is one of my biggest guilty pleasures.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Magica Profile Photo
Magica
#41re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/25/09 at 9:34am

Zac wishes he had Shia Le Beouf's career. (Most seem to forget Shia was of Disney Channel's "Even Stevens" fame).

homeimp
#42re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/25/09 at 10:57am

It seems like Zac backs out of a lot of projects. He was going to maybe step into Joseph in the London production...didn't happen. He made noises about taking over from Daniel Radcliffe in Equus to keep that play running...didn't happen. Now he's out of this movie project I wasn't even aware of. Does he actually have better offers or does he get cold feet? Nothing against the guy. I'd like to see him try something challenging and prove himself.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#43re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 3/25/09 at 11:15am

The two of those were never confirmed by Efron himself, just widely spread rumors.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#44re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!
Posted: 4/1/09 at 12:29am

Did anyone else see Jimmy Kimmel's suggestion for Efron's replacement? Apple co-founder Steve Wozniack. It was pretty funny

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".