pixeltracker

HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26- Page 2

HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#25re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/9/09 at 8:00pm

What are the four B&N bonus tracks? For some reason, I can't pull up that site on this internet connection.

crushgroove
#26re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/9/09 at 10:32pm

There are no bonus tracks...B&N and Amazon just numbered the songs differently...we won't know which is correct til Sh-K-boom releases more info about the album.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#27re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/10/09 at 8:51am

Good to hear this! I was actually going to ask about it because the website said May 26, but was not sure if this was outdated news since Amazon still lists it as June.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

singer73192 Profile Photo
singer73192
#28re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/11/09 at 5:17pm

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/129116-Hair+Revival%27s+Cast+Album+to+Get+June+Release+After+May+Digital+Bow

Turns out that May 26th is the DIGITAL release according to Playbill.

"The 2009 Broadway cast recording of the critically acclaimed revival of Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical, starring Tony Award nominees Will Swenson and Gavin Creel, will arrive in stores June 23.

The energetic young cast of the Tony-nominated revival recorded the cast album on April 6. It has been fast-tracked for the early summer release. The 37-track single-disc recording will be available for download on iTunes May 26 prior to the June in-store date."

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#29re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/11/09 at 5:48pm

I saw that earlier...very disappointed in the wait. Any word on Sh-k-boom and a pre order?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#30re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/11/09 at 6:55pm

I was about to say that I check online today and Amazon said it was going to be late June.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#31re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/11/09 at 6:57pm

I know everyone wants the physical copy, but just buy it on iTunes and burn it to tide you over for a month, haha. That's what I'm going to do.

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#32re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/11/09 at 7:24pm

"I know everyone wants the physical copy, but just buy it on iTunes and burn it to tide you over for a month, haha. That's what I'm going to do"
yes, and this would mean spending EXTRA money! I am so excited to pre-order this. I really hope there are a lot of pictures in the booklet.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#33re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/11/09 at 7:46pm

I want it incredibly bad, but I'm not going to pay for it twice!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#34re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/12/09 at 3:43pm

I am MORE than ready for this to be released :)
I have a strong feeling this recording will be absolutely amazing!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#35re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/12/09 at 3:47pm

I know everyone wants the physical copy, but just buy it on iTunes and burn it to tide you over for a month, haha. That's what I'm going to do.

I need to stop doing that. I really can't aford it anymore.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#36re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/12/09 at 5:37pm

What happened to the clips on the site? I wanted to listen to Good Morning Starshine...I do have the Benefit recording, but still...

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#37re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/12/09 at 5:47pm

did they take them down? im not on a computer right now, but if you want them pm me later

ETA: just checked the site. maybe they're going to put a few songs up from the cast recording? i hope so lol.

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/
Updated On: 5/12/09 at 05:47 PM

sgv123
#38re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/14/09 at 11:40pm

I have heard some of the tracks from the new recording, and it sounds great!!

bryan
#39re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/15/09 at 9:45pm

i can not wait for this cd to come out because i love the old broadway cast cd.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#40re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/15/09 at 9:46pm

sgv- How did you get to listen to clips??!?!

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#41re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/15/09 at 9:59pm

CS they are playing the new cast recording on Hair Radio. They sound pretty damned good!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

CSonBroadway
#42re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/15/09 at 10:04pm

I just heard a little bit of Going Down. Sounds pretty good!! Wish I could hear Aquarius.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

sgv123
#43re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/15/09 at 10:12pm

I have heard the album a couple times through now, so Aquarius will probably be coming up again.

CSonBroadway
#44re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/15/09 at 10:22pm

It won't let me skip songs.

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#45re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/16/09 at 2:00am

i just heard Aquarius.

wow.

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#46re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/16/09 at 2:02am

CS- there is a skip limit. I believe you can skip five times in an hour.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#47re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/16/09 at 11:50am

Where is this "hair radio" you speak of? lol

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#48re: HAIR Cast Recording to be Released on May 26
Posted: 5/16/09 at 11:57am

Go to hairbroadway.com and there is a link to hair radio.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!