Wicked Lottery

MusicInMyMind11
#1Wicked Lottery
Posted: 6/10/09 at 10:53am

I'm sure a million posts have been put up about this, but could anyone give me any advice for the Wicked lottery? I know when it starts and stuff, but how many people are generally there?

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#2re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 6/10/09 at 10:55am

The least there is on any given day is about 200-300. That's probably your general Tuesday through Thursday. Weekends? You're looking at maybe 400-500.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 6/10/09 at 10:55am

Usually a lot. I've heard 200-300, but during the week it might be slightly less.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

MusicInMyMind11
#3re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 6/10/09 at 10:59am

I'm going to try and go this friday - not worth it?

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#4re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 6/10/09 at 11:02am

If you win, it's worth it. It's a crapshoot. If you really want to see it, do the lottery. Taking a chance at winning is better than not trying at all.

bwaylvsong
#5re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 6/10/09 at 12:42pm

It took me over a dozen tries to win, but it was really worth it!

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#6re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 6/10/09 at 1:31pm

it took me like 4 or 5 tries...definately worth it. You'll win eventually, just maybe not on the first or second try:)

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#7re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 6/10/09 at 1:34pm

You can't win if you don't enter.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

MusicInMyMind11
#8re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 6/13/09 at 4:34pm

I won! Really, I don't know how I did, but I won. I was really afraid that it wasn't going to be worth it, but oh my god, it was! Thanks so much guys!

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#9re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 6/13/09 at 4:41pm

Congratulations! I always love the feeling you get when you win a lotto, especially one as hard to win as Wicked! Enjoy Alli and Nicole! :)

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

defygravity24 Profile Photo
defygravity24
#10re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 11/3/09 at 7:32pm

I'm going on a wednesday. Do you think they'll be a ton of people there? and do they still give out those pins if you win?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#11re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 11/3/09 at 7:45pm

Yes, they still give out the pins.

It's always a very crowded lottery.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#12re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 11/3/09 at 8:36pm

For anyone who bumps up this thread in the future:

Yes, it is still busy.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

jeffmiele
#13re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 11/3/09 at 8:38pm

where are the wicked lotto seats?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#14re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 11/3/09 at 8:40pm

18 seats are in the front row center, 4 seats are in the front row side (2 on each side of the theater), and 4 seats are in the second row on the side.

alightinthedark23 Profile Photo
alightinthedark23
#15re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 11/3/09 at 9:27pm

I won my first try. I got REALLY lucky. I would definitely try it.

"It's about the Benjamins, not the Bernsteins."-CapnHook

BroadwayBaby21
#16re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 11/3/09 at 11:13pm

I lived in the city this summer for an internship, and tried the wicked lotto probably about 10 times when I had nothing else to do. I won on my last night in the city. Great way to end my stay! :)

-If you don't like your fate, change it. You are your own master.- Aida

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#17re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 11/4/09 at 1:22am

i've won the wicked lottery twice, and i've never gotten a pin.

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#18re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 11/4/09 at 2:13am

I live directly across the street from the Gershwin theatre. The front door to my building faces the Gershwin Stage Door. So, I've had many times to try the lottery and I've never won once. I've probably tried it a dozen times when I have a free evening. Maybe one day I'll win...it's always so crowded. And the Wicked lottery guy is SO intense...

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

binau Profile Photo
binau
#19re: Wicked Lottery
Posted: 11/4/09 at 2:20am

That's good you live so close to everything. I have to pay $5 AUD to travel to the city of Sydney to enter the lotto here. It ads up.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000