Enchanted: The Musical

bwaybabe2
#25re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 6/29/09 at 12:07am

Well, I think this could be one of those "crowd pleaser" shows (won't lie, I would go see it :)
I agree with much of James885's logic, but also think Gypsy4's optimistic views are plausible re: Enchanted: The Musical

skb2010 Profile Photo
skb2010
#26re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 6/29/09 at 2:18pm

As long as the dragon isn't a hard core fail as a chorus, it's all good.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I? I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

timesquare01
#27re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 6/29/09 at 4:06pm

Here's my Dream cast:

Giselle - Amy Polumbo
Robert - Brian D'Arcy James
Edward - Gavin Creele
Narissa - Bernadette Peters
Nathaniel - Nathan Lane
-OR-
Narissa - Idina Menzel (TRIBUTE!)
Nathaniel - Ben D. Cameron
Nancy - Kate Shindle

Amy Polumbo was Ariel in Disney's Little Mermaid show for a year and was Miss New Jersey 2007. Theres a video somewhere of her singing "Happy Little Working Song" that I will go fish around for. She's perfect for the role.

timesquare01
#28re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 6/29/09 at 4:17pm

http://www.facebook.com/video/?of=1006612674#/video/video.php?v=38853938884&subj=1006612674

i hope that works.

it's on someones facebook, idont know if you will all be able to see it.

willrogers2008
#29re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 6/29/09 at 7:28pm

Gypsy4 concept is really amazing!

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#30re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 6/29/09 at 10:09pm

Why wouldn't we put Idina in her original role pf Nancy?

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

timesquare01
#31re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 6/30/09 at 1:30am

call me crazy but when I picture Nancy singing, she sounds like Kate Shindle, not Idina?

It's weird.

esparza 333
#32re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 6/30/09 at 9:17am

If I were at Disney I would have already started work on this project. Aladdin and Hunchback would also be possibilities. Enchanted is the best Disney movie in years. Aside from Pixar's genius films Disney is hanging on a string.

Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.

gypsy4
#33re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 6/30/09 at 11:52am

I was thinking for the dragon sequence they could have a dragon designed similar to the one in Fantasmic.

webcomix Profile Photo
webcomix
#34re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 7/1/09 at 2:10am

Personally, I'd love to see Hercules as a stage musical. Don't really know how to pull it off, but I think the music is so fun.

esparza 333
#35re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 7/1/09 at 9:12am

Oh and of course Hercules. The music is wonderful.

Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#36re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 7/1/09 at 9:47am

I wonder if you could do something like they did in the "Rocky" revival - literally have animated film projections that Giselle walks out of (I mean in the very beginning, not when she arrives in New York.)

To keep the animated feeling you could use projections similar to the "Sunday" revival - literally have Giselle interacting with animation onstage...

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken

JenNYferTheatrical Profile Photo
JenNYferTheatrical
#37re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:20am

Gypsy 4's idea is amazing. And Hercules? Please please, let it be so.

Mactor327
#38re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:22am

I would cast...
Laura Bell Bundy as Giselle

This would make a great musical

vixiedust2
#39re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:40am

i always saw Haven Burton as Giselle....with Andy Karl as Robert and Cheyenne Jackson as Edward....

Mattbrain
#40re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:44am

I would totally see this!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
#41re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 7/1/09 at 12:48pm

I always thought Hercules would be fantastic!

The songs already in it are great and the Greek Chorus alone would be worth the watch.

Hercules - Maybe Cheyenne Jackson?
Meg - Kate Shindle...or...maybe even Karen Olivo.
Hades - Brian d'Arcy James.
Philoctetes - Can you imagine Harvey Feirstein? Classic.
Pegasis - John Tartagilia.

Gospels - Sasha Allen, Shoshana Bean, Tracie Thoms...

gypsy4
#42re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 7/3/09 at 12:21am

enchanted song list.
Act One

Overture-medley of true loves kiss and thats how you know!
Prologue.

The Queens Lament: broadway/dark type song for norissa and nethanial and servants of the palace. a song about how she got the thrown and married edwards father. transitions to true loves kiss scene.

True Loves Kiss: Giselle and pip and children of andalaisia.
song now takes place in town square.

True Loves Kiss reprise: giselle and edward.

a dashing scheme: norrissa and nethanial.

happy endings: lullaby sung by old hag to giselle.

New York Sequence: New Yorkers,ensemble

the perfect father: Robert and secretary show cases about if roberts doing the right thing. nancy now becomes roberts secretary!

working Song: giselle and animals.

Bonding: nancy an Morgan. bonding song between nancy and morgan reprised in act 2 by giselle and her.

edwards sad Tale: edward and company.

True Loves Kiss 2nd reprise: edward and Pip.

dashing scheme reprise: norissa.

Thats How You Know: Giselle and company!

act one finale: company!

Updated On: 7/3/09 at 12:21 AM

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#43re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 7/3/09 at 10:07am

You guys are so creative. It's nice to see people on the board that have such a love of theater. Your concepts and ideas are very imaginative.

arabella Profile Photo
arabella
#44re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 7/3/09 at 2:09pm

Hercules would be great. Disney had a 30 minute stage show of it in the theme parks and it was wonderful. It could work.

SporkGoddess
#45re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 7/3/09 at 2:16pm

If you made an Enchanted Musical, I don't think Robert could sing. His refusal to sing kind of defined his character in the movie.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

timesquare01
#46re: Enchanted: The Musical
Posted: 7/3/09 at 11:34pm

yeah. i kindof hear him having a "heaven help me" from footloose kindof song that the dad/preacher sings, but even less sing-y and more speak-y than that.

OH OH OH!!

or maybe a number where Morgan is dancing around singing and playing princess and he is chasing her around trying to get her dressed for karate/giver her the book about successful women while having a buisness call on his bluetooth... it could be golden.

Videos