News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 17

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#400MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 4:27pm

I think this album is more solid than others due to lyrical content. It seems pretty personal, where as MDNA seemed more like a throwaway dance album.

As someone stated earlier, its not about tracking sales and seats at this point in her career. She has a career that no one will ever touch again. With our ADD culture, no female artist will last as long in such a robust manner.

She is still creating new work that speaks to her-she is aware how lucky she is.

I feel her next tour may be a residency in Vegas. It would negate all the perils of traveling and allow her fans to see her while having more normalcy. She'd sell out for years and years there. No question.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#401MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 4:39pm

^...would the "Middle America" Las Vegas audiences really keep her going that long? I have my doubts.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#402MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 4:45pm

If they will support Britney lipsynching (and they are), I think they will show up for Madonna. She can run as long as Celine.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#403MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 5:14pm

Honestly I don't think she will ever do Vegas, she doesn't like the place for a start. It's a shame that she sold more copies than anyone else this week yet because of streaming it could debut at 2, that's just odd to me. I miss the days of when charts were just based on what you sold.

The final numbers will probably be just over 120 thousand copies, not bad considering the full album leaked 6 weeks ago and is available for free everywhere. 3 years ago MDNA opened with just over 150k sales ( then it was bumped to over 300k with tour bundling) so her numbers ain't that far off, plus she hadn't had a top 10 single with this albu
. I'm mainly hoping that the album sticks around for a bit, unlike MDNA that fell quick, I think the release of Ghosttown will help as it's a very radio friendly song, also she is on Ellen all this week.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Updated On: 3/17/15 at 05:14 PM

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#404MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 5:39pm

I know she hates Vegas, but a residency makes sense for an older solo artist. I suppose she could set up one in NYC (Broadway even). However, Vegas really has the built in security and luxury factor. Plus she'd have weeks or months off depending on the set-up and could commute to LA daily (as Cher did by helicopter).

songanddanceman2
#405MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 5:49pm

I think when the day comes she decides to move in another direction full time she will focus on directing. Honestly I would rather she kept on being creative rather than go to Vegas.

FindingNamo
#406MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 6:01pm

But you're so relentless in your support you'd be all over how she's doing exactly what she wants by playing Vegas and unprecedented sales and the fans really love it and the critics really love it and world's record profit and pilgrims healed and so on.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

songanddanceman2
#407MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 8:03pm

Namo dear it's you who are obsessed with her sales luv

#408MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 8:36pm

The showbiz411 article is written by Roger Friedman.
He hates her (more than Piers Morgan)..and always writes about her in a negative way.
I would take that article lightly.

Here's a new article by Hits Daily Double- claiming madonna has #1

Even with streaming sales going to Empire.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=295141

but it all depends on how Billboard will measure up their charts based on their new way of registering placement.

I'm happy either way- it's a great record. #1 or not.

FindingNamo
#409MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 8:37pm

I'm most interested in your perception of their meaning today vis a vis the era when she really was an important cultural figure.

#410MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 8:39pm

Madonna on ELLEN was really great today.

She looked more relaxed than ever. And in control of the remix- which I am loving better than the original.

Interview was fun.

Can't wait to see her throughout the week.

Madonna on Ellen

#411MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 11:08pm

It's official.

Empire comes in at number 1

Madonna at #2 by a very close close margin.

madonna had more physical album sales
but empire had more streams

How do we feel about Billboard's new chart registry based on a percentage of streams?

So listening to free music counts as an album 'sale'? I just don't get the math

and TERRENCE HOWARD is starring in the GHOSTTOWN Video?????
Whaaaaaa?????

The last M album to go to #2 was 'Ray of Light'.

EMPIRE #1- REBEL HEART #2 Updated On: 3/17/15 at 11:08 PM

FindingNamo
#412MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 11:33pm

Oh my god, this is terrible for the poor kid. No wonder she says she's marginalized.

Wildcard
#413MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 12:11am

"The last M album to go to #2 was 'Ray of Light'."

That's good company

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#414MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 1:49am

Yeah, that Ellen performance was very good, though I think the Jonathan Ross one was a bit sharper. Perhaps because the Ross show was filmed right after The Brits and she wanted to really nail it. Either way, nice to see her doing well. Anyone know who her choreographer is this time? Also, which remix is this that she's been performing?

BTW, check out the ego on Ellen. Inserting herself into the intro and ending of the song. Jesus.

Updated On: 3/18/15 at 01:49 AM

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#415MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 9:08am

"BTW, check out the ego on Ellen. Inserting herself into the intro and ending of the song. Jesus."
I don't know...Ellen does that with musical acts on her show all the time. I thought her coming out with the horns on was pretty funny.
My favorite part of the interview was when Madonna didn't know what a walker was called. I wonder what other everyday objects she can't name.

#416MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 10:22am

She called it a ZImmer. I wonder if she meant a 'Segway'.

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#417MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 10:43am

No, "Zimmer frame" is the British term for walker; just like they call vacuum cleaners "Hoovers."

I'm a Madonna fan, but even I had to roll my eyes at that. I mean, what American doesn't know that we call those contraptions "walkers"? It just came off hoity toity.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

#418MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 10:55am

She's not American. She's Madonna.
She's of the world.
Spending most of her time in London, Switzerland and Malawi.
With closest friends from these areas of the world.

Only she can vanish into the depths of earth and proclaim 'World Peace'.

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#419MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 11:08am

Bitch, please! She's lived most of her life in the US and has been a full-time NYC resident since her divorce to Ritchie. She only lived in England during their 8-year marriage.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#420MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 11:36am

Bitch, she's MADONNA! NOT JOAN OF ARC!

Not yet.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

FindingNamo
#421MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 12:17pm

The friend with whom I saw Madonna in concert three times recently told me there's a line on the new album where she says, "I used to be a narcissist" and he thought I should know.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#422MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 1:07pm

It's the song Rebel Heart. The line is "I spent some time as a narcissist". I would probably love the song if someone else sang it. But coming from Madonna, it has some rather embarrassing lyrics.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#423MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 1:52pm

One of my favorite songs on the album. But I have a lot.

FindingNamo
#424MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 1:58pm

I love the notion of dabbling in narcissism like it's a hobby and not a disorder!

Videos