News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 18

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#425MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 2:01pm

I would probably love the song if someone else sang it.

You're probably right.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#426MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 2:07pm

Yeah, you sort of have to try and block out the fact that she's singing lyrics like:

Trying to be so provocative
I said: "Oh yeah, that was me"
All the things I did just to be seen

"Did"? Past tense?!?! I know the song is supposed to be about her youth, but did she stop and think about the image of the present Madonna singing it? For an autobiographical song, like many others, it's woefully lacking in self-awareness.

Oof.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 3/18/15 at 02:07 PM

FindingNamo
#427MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 2:09pm

Prince did the same thing when he became an insufferably homophic Jehova's Witness. "When I was younger I was attention-seeking."

Oh brother.

I did just listen to that song. Funny you have to go to the deluxe version as the title song isn't on the normal version. You know who I feel bad for? The poor father.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#428MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 2:11pm

The song is Rebel Heart Namo, here have a listen, im sure we all look forward to you ripping it apart, you need some new material, hope this helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdI_cOb6X0U

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

FindingNamo
#429MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 2:12pm

I did already. See my comments above.

Mister Matt
#430MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 2:32pm

Oh, I gave up on Prince long before then. His squiggle album and spoiled brat behavior ended any interest I had in his new material. The Jehovah's Witness thing and homophobia didn't surprise me or even raise an eyebrow.

songanddanceman2
#431MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 3:41pm

I miss how great Prince used to be.

Sorry Namo I didn't see, so go on, admit it you liked the song MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More I do agree it's odd it ain't on the standard edition. Though Wash All Over Me ends the standard album perfectly.

Have not stopped listening to this album, the more I listen to it the more I fall in love with it, other than Bitch I'm Madonna me S.E.X it's pretty brilliant.

#432MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 3:46pm

I just heard Ghosttown on NYC's Lite FM 106.7

i guess that's good eh?

FindingNamo
#433MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 3:46pm

I miss how great Prince used to be too.

I do think the song's okay. I don't think she does her best work in her lower register. I feel bad for the father.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#434MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 3:57pm

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! May be my all-time favorite Madonna album! With the exception of one or two tunes (out of 25 on the super deluxe CD - that's pretty incredible in itself!), I think it's pretty damn brilliant! I've been listening to it on a continuous loop for the past week. If a younger, less polarizing, artist delivered this album, it would be getting talked up for some major awards. Sadly, I doubt that Madonna or the album will garner any Grammy love next year.

songanddanceman2
#435MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 4:08pm

I have to agree it's fast becoming one of my fave albums by her bar Ray of Light, its so diverse it just feels it has so much in there, it's one that will keep getting played by me.

Namo I always think her lower register is much nicer, it's her upper I think she has trouble with.

Mister Matt
#436MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 4:37pm

If a younger, less polarizing, artist delivered this album, it would be getting talked up for some major awards.

Which is a variant statement on how I feel about most of the songs. If we had no clue Madonna was involved, much of the lyrics would not be so cringe-worthy. Well, except Holy Water. Love the hook, but NOBODY could make me want to hear those lyrics again.

Still, I rank this album in her bottom 4 just above Hard Candy, MDNA and American Life.

ArtMan
#437MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 5:02pm

After giving six complete listens (standard version) I like the cd a lot more than after the first listen. There are songs I love, for example Heartbreak City. Most I like a lot. But some of the lyrics on some of the songs I just don't think an artist like Madonna, needs to be doing, at this stage of her career. For example, "bi*ch get off my pole". I mean..really? For others going to the Rebel Heart tour, do you think her setlist will once again include her older music? As someone who only saw the Drowned World tour, she only did two older songs. Which is probably why I hated it and was majorly disappointed.

songanddanceman2
#438MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 5:21pm

Mister Matt to put this at the bottom end of her albums is insane but that's your opinion.

She will do a lot of songs from the new CD but I'm guessing she will do a lot of old stuff as well as she seems to be in a very reflective mood at moment

ArtMan
#439MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 5:26pm

Songanddanceman2, Isn't it the 30th anniversary of Like A Virgin? If so, I would hope she does Like A Virgin, Material Girl and especially Dress you Up.

songanddanceman2
#440MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 5:33pm

2 songs I hate LAV and Material Girl, love Dress You Up though MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More

Mister Matt
#441MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 6:12pm

Mister Matt to put this at the bottom end of her albums is insane but that's your opinion.

I have never said it was anyone else's opinion nor have I called anyone insane for considering it one of her best. I put it close to the bottom because I consider most of the album to be mediocre-to-awful. How I based my decision is completely rational. Do you believe you should only share the opinions of others? Or agree only with certain critics? Or only have positive opinions of Madonna? That's actually a bit more insane than simply having a differing opinion.

And you wonder why you always feel attacked...

songanddanceman2
#442MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 7:55pm

You just went on a rant about it been your opinion after copy and pasting the bit in I wrote that said 'it's your opinion' ......brilliant

And i don't feel attacked, I think it's hilarious when people behind a screen feel they can say anything. It amuses me hugely. If that was your aim you failed in a spectacular way.

#443MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 8:48pm

Just watched her sing JOAN of ARC (acoustic version) on Ellen

One of her best TV live vocal performances in her career. She sounded amazing.

Loved the stripped down version (closer to the demo) wow wow wow

JOAN OF ARC (acoustic) Ellen performance Updated On: 3/18/15 at 08:48 PM

songanddanceman2
#444MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 9:21pm

The Joan of Arc performance....wow

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#445MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 9:34pm

Yeah, she nailed that. Great vocal. I HATE the arrangement, though. They turned a lovely, rueful, but ultimately hopeful song into a self-pitying dirge. Album version next time, please and thank you.

FindingNamo
#446MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 10:20pm

Of course like everybody I am DYING to see Madonna's greatest live daytime lesbian-hosted talk show singing appearance in many years, but taboo's link just takes me to gmail sign in.

I guess I'll just imagine perfection.

#447MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 11:40pm

Sorry Namo

corrected with better link
JOAN of ARC (Acoustic) ELLEN

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#448MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 11:42pm

I actually think she sounded pretty rough with those vocals. But I do love that song.

Mister Matt
#449MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 11:43pm

Songanddanceman2, you clearly have no business judging the sanity of anyone. Maybe you need to read what I wrote again because you are making no sense. I addressed precisely the remark you made. I think you're jumping the gun at trying too hard.

I'm not going to watch the video because I think it's a ridiculous song for her.

Videos