News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 19

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#450MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/18/15 at 11:58pm

Beautiful acoustic version of a beautiful song. She nailed it vocally... and with a cold, no less.

FindingNamo
#451MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/19/15 at 12:20am

LOL. Do you guys get daily bullet points from icon? There's always something, isn't there? A cold. Doesn't like awards shows. Tied the cape too tight. Japanese dancers.

I will agree that it may be one of her best TV appearances in days.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#452MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/19/15 at 6:53am

LOL! I know! I'm sure the fact that she sounded like she obviously had a cold in both interviews with Ellen (or the fact she actually says she has a cold more than once) had nothing to do with it!

Updated On: 3/19/15 at 06:53 AM

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#453MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/19/15 at 7:32am

Namo I am so confused as to why you keep posting in this thread, it's MDNA all over again when you posted more than the people who like her, it's a bit odd, I've never known an obsessed hater before, you are my first, it's very exciting. Move on dear, the first step is admitting you have a problem, MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More

Mister Matt not watching that clip because how dare she write a song about getting upset about nasty things getting written about her, brilllint.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

javero Profile Photo
javero
#454MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/19/15 at 9:12am

Using a sports analogy, she certainly played within herself. Perhaps less is best and the arrangement signals a return to minimalistic song-craft in pop music. Madge will forever be more the song stylist than vocal virtuosa which works for her like a charm.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

songanddanceman2
#455MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/19/15 at 9:18am

I have to say her live vocals so far from the Living for Love perdormanes, Ghosttown, Devil Pray and Joan of Arc have been pretty damn good.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#456MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/19/15 at 10:50am

Mister Matt not watching that clip because how dare she write a song about getting upset about nasty things getting written about her, brilllint.

Oh, lordy. Is that what you read from my post? Are you using Babel Fish to read this site or something?

At least Madonna and I agree on something. She is not Joan of Arc or a super hero. She's human and is hypocritical, intentionally antagonistic, immature and lacks self-awareness sometimes just like other ordinary people. And sometimes people acknowledge that. And openly discuss it.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 3/19/15 at 10:50 AM

FindingNamo
#457MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/19/15 at 11:37am

I've never known an obsessed hater before

I'm not a hater. I'm a disappointed-in-her-er. An I-had-such-high-hopes-for-her-er.

I always talked about her when she was a culturally important fixture in the pop culture firmament, worthy of discussion by academics. Why not look closely at somebody who had all that going for her and then made some choices that stopped all that?

songanddanceman2
#458MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/19/15 at 5:56pm

MisterMatt I just can't with you, you are just coming out with such rubbish that it's making my head hurt.

Namo if you are so disappointed, so let down, think she's over, has no relevance etc etc then why bother paying any attention. She has made a bloody good album and most of what you talk about on here has nothing to do with the album. Let her go, move on. And Namo YOU THINK she is culturally irrelevant now, you. When will you realise that your opinion is an opinion, just like everybody else has opinions? It doesn't make them wrong and you right just because you say it over and over again. God I adore you, you seem smart and well read but geez, give it a rest. Though to be fair I would take reading your posts anyday compared to MisterMatt's.

Anyway, moving on, great performance of Ghosttown on Ellen today.

Updated On: 3/19/15 at 05:56 PM

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#459MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/19/15 at 11:27pm

OK, I ran into a copy of the two CD Deluxe (Super Deluxe?) for 16 bucks Canadian and picked it up. I own all her albums, so might as well not stop now... I've onlyheard a few tracks so far, so I will give it a proper listen.

One question--is this just something to do with the two disc edition--or do none of them have proper producer/writer credits for each song??

songanddanceman2
#460MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/20/15 at 9:04am

No credits are in any of the versions for some readon.

The album could suffer quite a drop this week (out of the top 15 if hits daily double are right), such a shame since it's such a good album. I think the leaks really killed this album as everyone predicted.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#461MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/20/15 at 9:25am

Ghostown is really growing on me. That was a REALLY good performance on Ellen. S&D, do we think she might sing a classic on Ellen or is it all Rebel Heart tracks?

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#462MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/20/15 at 9:50am

I'm not SADM but my guess is it will be another song from the new album. I'm wondering which one though. I hope that it's Body Shop.

songanddanceman2
#463MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/20/15 at 9:55am

It will be an old track I think, though she should stick to album tracks as it clearly needs the promo.

Her performance of Ghosttown was great, as was Joan of Arc and Living for Love remix

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#464MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/20/15 at 9:56am

You think?
What track do you think she should do?

javero Profile Photo
javero
#465MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/20/15 at 10:36am

In retrospect, there has arguably been no bigger beneficiary of MTV's successful launch in 1981 than Madonna. I couldn't imagine her surviving on the strength of her singing ability alone.

She took a nascent short film format and ran with it. It was the perfect medium for her. It didn't matter that she couldn't sing. Madonna's music videos early in her career were light years ahead of anything released by her peers with the possible exception of Michael Jackson.

It all seemed so new back then. And it was well before the advent of American Idol aka National Karaoke Nights. Now, it's been done to death by everyone.

To me, Madonna still can't sing worth a lick. But, she's a survivor in an industry that habitually writes off female pop music stars as soon as they turn 30. It's Madge's longevity and business acumen that keep me in her camp. The newer music doesn't grip me like the more seasoned entries in her catalog.

FindingNamo
#466MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/20/15 at 11:12am

I would like to put it out there that Madonna also benefited from the focus on youth and newness in the music industry when she first hit and that her presence pushed older, more established artists out of the limelight.

"I think the leaks really killed this album as everyone predicted."

Yes, that's right, it's the leaks.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#467MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/20/15 at 1:07pm

To me, Madonna still can't sing worth a lick.

Listen again. I'm not saying she's Cecilia Bartoli, but there was considerable improvement post-Evita. I love her voice now.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

javero Profile Photo
javero
#468MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/20/15 at 1:33pm

"I would like to put it out there that Madonna also benefited from the focus on youth and newness in the music industry when she first hit and that her presence pushed older, more established artists out of the limelight."

It's been suggested by others that some of those established acts didn't fare so well during disco's reign of terror that predates MTV either. I do remember some rock musician friends easily dismissing Madonna, Jody Watley, Paula Abdul, and several other breakout artists of the 80s as celluloid stars. The Milli Vanilli debacle that capped the decade didn't help matters either.

@Namo At what point will karma do its lil' number on Madge?

Updated On: 3/20/15 at 01:33 PM

EricMontreal22
#469MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/20/15 at 2:15pm

"No credits are in any of the versions for some readon. "

Bizarre. Of course they are on Wiki, but I find that odd--pop music is always about the collaboration between writer/performer/producer.

I've played the album twice so far, and as a whole I like it more than her last two albums. Like many people here, Ghost Town and Body Shop sound like strong tracks. I'm disappointed that so far I don't like any of the dancey tracks.

FindingNamo
#470MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/20/15 at 2:16pm

You don't like them because they leaked, apparently.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#471MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/20/15 at 3:32pm

Listen again. I'm not saying she's Cecilia Bartoli, but there was considerable improvement post-Evita. I love her voice now.

That is probably one of those eternal Madge debates, right? Clearly, she benefited in some ways from the Evita vocal training, but I think it's also possible to argue that many of her post late 90s/2000s vocals suffered by becoming too formal and stilted with "proper" singing. I think she never sounded better - at least on record - than in the 89/90 Like a Prayer-Vogue-Immaculate Collection period.

songanddanceman2
#472MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/20/15 at 5:16pm

Namo you don't think the fact the album leaked TWICE and not just the album but the super deluxe 25 track one months in advance did not hurt the sales? Are you kidding?

EricMontreal22
#473MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/20/15 at 6:37pm

OK I love Erotica, but on 3rd listen (yes, I've listened closely,) half of the album sounds like rejects from that album. A few good tracks, to be sure... But hardly (for me) a cohesive album. A lot of it would make a really solid 10 track album (maybe this is my fault for buying the 2 disc editon.)

Updated On: 3/20/15 at 06:37 PM

EricMontreal22
#474MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/20/15 at 6:39pm

"Namo you don't think the fact the album leaked TWICE and not just the album but the super deluxe 25 track one months in advance did not hurt the sales? Are you kidding?"

Namo and I hardly agree on most things--but I'm with him here. How did that hurt sales? If anything it spiked sales. Leaked albums (and especially leaked in the way this one was,) do not affect album sales anymore.

Videos