News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 16

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

#375MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/16/15 at 11:57am

Erik,

I would like to do a mashup of 'Best Night' with Art of Noise's 'Moments In Love'... I think that would be hot.

Updated On: 3/16/15 at 11:57 AM

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#376MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/16/15 at 1:30pm

It's awesome to see so many great comments.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

#377MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/16/15 at 2:40pm

Keep refreshing the page to see if madonna gets a #1 on the building albums Chart.
The EMPIRE soundtrack is breathing down it's neck.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/building_album_chart

DAILY HITS DOUBLE

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#378MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/16/15 at 6:26pm

They reviewed it recently on SOUND OPINIONS. Jim gave it a "Try It" stating he liked the ballads but thought the dance tracks were passé, Greg gave a virulent "Trash It", saying that Madonna is much like U2 at this point: a corporation putting out product rather than music. They both agreed that "S.E.X" is one of the worst songs Madonna has ever recorded.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#379MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/16/15 at 9:45pm

I actually like S.E.X, but BEST NIGHT and HOLY WATER are much better. I'm really liking this album, definitely her best in years. My main complaint is that the vocal production is overdone. There was no need to have that much autotune on a mid tempo like "Ghosttown."

Updated On: 3/16/15 at 09:45 PM

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#380MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/16/15 at 9:49pm

HeartbreakCity is my personal fave.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

FindingNamo
#381MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 1:46am

How interesting. Ticketmaster has the Madonna page for the Boston date set up so you can't look at the map to pic your seat and, no doubt, see what must be copious available seats long after the general on sale started. You have to check boxes to pick a price and carefully select venue seats because the site very heavily tilts shoppers to Ticketmaster's OWN "resale" of the seats from the venue. It's like you're being hit by a highway robber and then hit again by his regional manager.

But if you select the cheapest possible seats and pick a number, any number, you CAN find plenty of the cheapest face value tickets available for face value. Once her prices got astronomical, those were always the first to sell out. Maybe, as I have been saying, the unsustainable model is no longer sustainable at all.

I'm sure once again there will be crowing about how the tour will completely sell out, but I would say if they're so concerned with how things look NOW, I wouldn't trust the reports of the success at face value.

Have ANY of the cities put a second night on sale because the first sold out?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Updated On: 3/17/15 at 01:46 AM

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#382MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 9:14am

"They both agreed that "S.E.X" is one of the worst songs Madonna has ever recorded."
Agreed. But Holy Water has become my favorite song about Madonna's vagina.

songanddanceman2
#383MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 10:37am

Namo why do you care, why are you checking?

The tour doesn't start for about half a year yet, im sure it will be fine, its always the case at most of her tours that the cheap seats are left till last minute because nobody really wants them or to be that far back. Other than the Grammy Awards she aint started her promotion in the US yet (the album charts this week, she starts on Ellen this week), i dont know what your odd fascination is, grow up. You said exactly the same thing about the last tour.

Most of her extra dates to be added on will be in Europe (as they always are) with the exception of New York where im sure extra dates will be added. Europe is already adding more dates on (France, Italy etc) then she has Australia and Asia to announce yet.

FindingNamo
#384MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 10:56am

"its always the case at most of her tours that the cheap seats are left till last minute"

No, actually, once her top prices went over $150 the cheap seats sold out first. At least that's true in the US in the last four tours. I am really curious why you feel a need to make up an answer for EVERYTHING? I'm interested in general how exorbitant ticket prices affect the outcome and check big tours all the time, particularly Madonna and U2. There are others I check on too, Bette Midler, for instance. And they ALL now sell out the cheap seats first. At least in the US.

I also think it's curious they completely restructured the Ticketmaster format so there isn't a button that says Find Seats but now it says See Tickets and that it misleads the poor suckers to resale first. And yeah, it IS curious they won't let you pick seats on a map.

Go ahead, "Oh Namo, Madonna has NEVER let people see seat maps!!!!! She has said in the past she knows she isn't the greatest map reader. She has never once ever in her life ever not once ever allowed people to sell tickets to her shows by picking out seats on a venue map."

Updated On: 3/17/15 at 10:56 AM

songanddanceman2
#385MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 11:28am

Honestly i dont pay attention to loon out for seat maps etc, i just go on there to buy tickets, i don't really look for a conspiracy, i have better things to do with my time.

America must be different to everywhere else than its always the worst seats left for her shows until last minute. Yesterday in the UK everything went quick apart from some of the seats way at the back (the 45 and 100 pound ones), maybe it's a US thing

FindingNamo
#386MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 11:29am

I am interested in ALL of these pricing schemes, from Broadway premium to Sleep No More.

songanddanceman2
#387MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 11:55am

What a fun hobby you have

FindingNamo
#388MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 12:00pm

I also check Rentboy.com prices. Apartment rentals in various cities. So, if there are ever threads about those topics, you might see me putting what I know in those, too.

PS PLENTY of mid-level (190 bucks!) tickets to Madonna in Boston if everybody has been completely frozen out by all the sold out shows in other cities.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#389MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 2:10pm

Just pay whatever they ask, no matter the cost! You may not have any money left for a funner hobby or something superior to do with your time, but at least you won't be doing something completely idiotic like researching the pricing strategies of expensive tickets. Why on earth would anyone want to know information about ticket prices and anomalies in sales/attendance percentages? Just pay whatever they want and be grateful for whatever you get or shut up. You really need to come up with a funner hobby or better use of your time like studying positive-biased Madonna statistics that you are allowed to discuss without hypocritical interjections.

You probably don't even know all the lyrics to Joan of Arc yet. Pathetic. You make Madonna cry her eyes out.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#390MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 2:16pm

I love this album. More than any of her albums since Ray of Light.
But I haven't bought a ticket yet. I just can't justify spending that kind of money on one show. Two tickets, plus related expenses...that's a vacation.
And it's definitely not selling like the MDNA tour. That tour sold out yankee stadium in 20 minutes and added another show almost immediately. No new dates have been added in the NYC area so far.
I really do like this album so I might spring for a cheap seat in Atlantic City. I've seen Madonna and Lady Gaga there and the venue is so small that almost any seat is good.
But I hope Namo is right about this pricing model being unsustainable. Because I'm done spending $400 to see anyone.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#391MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 2:23pm

If I still like Madonna and love the new album, but don't want to hear her sing about her vagina ever again, does that make me a bad fan?

Mister Matt
#392MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 2:52pm

Of course it does! If you don't want to hear Madonna sing graphic lyrics about sex and/or her genitalia, YOU ARE NOT A FAN. Who else could be the target audience for those songs? She wants YOU to picture her vag in action.

Updated On: 3/17/15 at 02:52 PM

songanddanceman2
#393MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 3:00pm

Awe everytime I see MisterMatt post.....it makes me love Namo more, he might be a bit crazy but at least he's intelligent.

And Jordan, nope I agree, as much as I love Holy Water I think it's time to retire the vagina songs MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More

Mister Matt
#394MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 3:13pm

Um...you may want to try the intelligent use of "aw" before throwing stones.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#395MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 3:26pm

Maybe he is awed by you!

songanddanceman2
#396MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 3:46pm

IPhone auto correct, but hey you caught it, I'm impressed. Maybe that can be the thing you repeat over and over again in joke format now? It would make a change from your recent string of same old same old 'witty' posts.

Mister Matt
#397MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 4:04pm

I thought you were done with me. You've returned to form!

Honestly, if you're going to so graciously open the door for me...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#398MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 4:04pm

HitsDailyDouble is showing that the album will debut at #1 with 116,472 in sales. Not terrible, not great numbers. At least, it's not a Mariah flop.

But their sales plus streaming shows Empire at #1. Not sure what this means for the Billboard 200. Updated On: 3/17/15 at 04:04 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#399MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/17/15 at 4:09pm

Showbizz411 states that Empire will take the #1 spot on Billboard.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/03/17/charts-madonna-misses-number-1-for-first-time-since-1998-as-empire-scores-a-victory

But what’s happened to Madonna is not new. Her album sales have been in decline for over a decade. She is no different than any other legacy artist trying to sell new music, from Pink Floyd to Mariah Carey to Jennifer Lopez and so on. Teens drive album sales, and they don’t want even the best music from people older than their parents. Barbra Streisand and Tony Bennett are the exceptions. I wish it were otherwise. But radio doesn’t want “old” voices, so there’ s no place to promote this stuff. Sirius XM satellite radio is pretty much the only safe haven for classic artists to showcase new work. And legacy fans pretty much just want the Hits. Over and over. It’s a shame. Maybe this is why Billy Joel shut down writing new music 20 years ago.

Sad, but 100% true.

Videos