News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four- Page 100

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four

wonkit
#2475The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/29/09 at 2:03pm

I love the music from TWELFTH NIGHT but was disappointed to find that the cd insert was quite plain.

I just received an e-mail from Simon & Schuster with a brief clip from Raul reading King's UNDER THE DOME. Damn, the man is good at audiobook readings, but the novel is going to be as much "raining body parts" as is always the case with King.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#2476The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/29/09 at 4:59pm

Frain is going to be on Law & Order:SVU next week. Looks to be playing a sleazy therapist.

And....I got about 40 seconds into that audio clip and had to stop. I canNOT listen to any more! I don't care how gorgeous Raul's reading is (and it IS!), I just can't listen knowing what is about to happen in the story.

I just. can't. do. horror. The  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

wonkit
#2477The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/29/09 at 7:33pm

I don't know which is worse - my listening to a horror novel, or the thought of Raul having to read it long enough to generate a 37-hour recording! I am not a horror person either, but I know that I will never be able to sit through "My Soul to Take" so it is King or Craven, but not both.

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#2478The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/30/09 at 11:37am

Okay, my Twelfth Night CD better be here soon.

I do like the new title of the film, but I still can't imagine actually watching it.

ETA: just got my CD. It's NOT signed, as the Nettwerk woman said it would be (looks like it came straight from the distribution warehouse) but I'm not going to quibble; since it's unlikely that the signature would come from the cast I don't care. The  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Updated On: 10/30/09 at 11:37 AM

wonkit
#2479The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/31/09 at 1:09pm

Hest - I just got mine today, but the signed cd insert was in a separate padded envelope in the box with the cd!

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#2480The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/31/09 at 5:27pm

Oh really? I remember that weird padded envelope. Luckily, I don't think I threw the box away. Whew! Who signed it?

wonkit
#2481The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/31/09 at 6:08pm

Three signatures - Steve Curtis (pretty clear), Daniel Messe (pretty clear) and something illegible that I think must be the third member of HEM, Gary Maurer.

William Shakespeare and Raul Esparza did not sign, I'm sorry to say.

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#2482The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/31/09 at 7:49pm

Darn that Shakespeare. He's gotten so full of himself!

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#2483The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/3/09 at 9:27pm

Did we see this already? Raul doing O Holy Night on this ASTEP benefit album?

Every performer has given freely of their gifts, and they have brought together some of the best musicians and singers in the Broadway community, including American Idol star Constantine Maroulis, Little Mermaid star Sierra Boggess, Tony Winner Raul Esparza, Sh-K-Boom artist Orfeh and more!
New York City Christmas

Chrysanthemum62001
#2484The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/3/09 at 9:39pm

Oh, nice! I'm obsessed with the Home for the HOllidays album Broadway Cares did a while back. Can't wait to hear it!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#2485The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/3/09 at 10:49pm

Wishful thinking on ASTEP's part, no doubt: "Tony Winner Raul Esparza". The  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

I wonder if (I hope!) it'll be the same version he did last year at the Zipper Factory.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2486The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/3/09 at 11:40pm

Aw, man, I jumped right to the last post and got all excited because I thought maybe he was performing in something. I am really glad this album is happening, though. That was a totally kick-ass concert, and ASTEP is a really incredible cause.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#2487The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/9/09 at 9:04pm

From the SDC Gala last night:

The  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#2488The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/9/09 at 9:16pm

And a more conventional photo:

The  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

Chrysanthemum62001
#2489The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/9/09 at 9:25pm

The first photo makes me think of two infamous lines.

"Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"

Or "Bond. James Bond"

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

wonkit
#2490The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/9/09 at 10:17pm

Shades of the wonderful tuxedo-in-the-phone-booth photo. Like the longish hair, the proto-beard and the thinnish face. Has our man lost weight?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2491The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/9/09 at 10:22pm

I can't count the ways in which that picture is adorable.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

wonkit
#2492The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/9/09 at 10:28pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a new headshot with some of those characteristics.

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#2493The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/9/09 at 11:09pm

That first picture is amazing!

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#2494The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/9/09 at 11:54pm

Swoon! I know Cheyenne is model-perfect but, oh, Raul just does it for me...

TulitaPepsi Profile Photo
TulitaPepsi
#2495The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/10/09 at 7:52pm

They're making last minute adjustments before they walk up the aisle arm-in-arm.

"Hurry up and get into your conga clothes - we've got to do something to save this show!"

wonkit
#2496The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/11/09 at 7:55pm

Amazing - a friend of mine has gifted me the unabridged UNDER THE DOME audiobook! I am already one hour into it, and although it is truly giving me the creeps content wise, Raul is doing his usual mesmerizing read of a long and violent work. King occasionally has a bizarre flash of wit, and Raul is doing a splendid job with that. And all the voices - so much fun (gag at violence notwithstanding). That's one cd down, and 29 to go.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#2497The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/11/09 at 8:50pm

Wow! What a wonderful friend. But holy Toledo! I've debated about getting it, but (aside from the cost) it's 37 hours! It'd take me at least four years to find the time to listen to all that!

Chrysanthemum62001
#2498The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/12/09 at 1:05am

This is one I'd love to be able to listen to...but frankly, I like sleeping through the night. I've come to rely on it. And I just don't know if I could handle this one. I mean, if it's already creepy an hour through, I can't imagine how it will be into the fifteenth hour!

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#2499The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 11/12/09 at 1:18am

I'd say maybe the worst would be over by the time you got to the second or third hour, but knowing Stephen King.... The  Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

Videos