News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

2024-2025 Touring Season- Page 10

2024-2025 Touring Season

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2252024-2025 Touring Season
Posted: 6/19/24 at 1:59pm

Interestingly, Annie is turning equity next season and it will play a 5 week engagement at MSG over the holidays.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2262024-2025 Touring Season
Posted: 6/19/24 at 2:13pm

Are there any other examples of shows going non-equity to equity? This seems like a strange and unusual move.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Jakeevan942
#2272024-2025 Touring Season
Posted: 6/19/24 at 2:27pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Are there any other examples of shows going non-equity to equity? This seems like astrange and unusual move."

I believe Chicago had gone non-equity before the SETA contract arose that allowed them to pick-back up Equity status for a number of years before it was licensed back to Prather/Apex non-equity.

And I think a similar scanrio to this happened a few times with Grinch, Christmas Story and Elf, where one of the companies would become equity again for a season if they were going to play MSG for the holidays.

This might be the first example, at least that I can remember, of a production that didn't start life as an equity tour becoming an equity tour several years down the line.

I'm sure the organizing folks at Equity are going to call this a win, whether or not they had involvement with this example.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2282024-2025 Touring Season
Posted: 6/19/24 at 3:13pm

Chicago and A Chorus Line are the .ost notable to go from equity to non-equity and then back to equity. Sometimes not back-to-back though. There may be a year off between the two tours.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MatthewS1
#2292024-2025 Touring Season
Posted: 6/24/24 at 6:15pm

Hamilton’s new tour cast got announced today! A great mix of new and familiar faces. Justin Matthew Sargent as KGIII is just brilliant casting.

https://hamiltonmusical.com/us-tour/cast/#angelica

MatthewS1
#2302024-2025 Touring Season
Posted: 8/1/24 at 3:13pm

Any rumors of additional casting for next year’s season? Some Like It Hot starts rehearsals in early August so their announcement should be imminent.

Videos