News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7- Page 3

Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7

JonTambourine
byebyebaby12 Profile Photo
byebyebaby12
#51re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/6/09 at 1:46am

Should we send Aaron a rape whistle for the stage door?

Skywalker3
#52re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/6/09 at 6:55am

Aaron is just hot to watch.. Nothing more than that..
So way so negative?

I hope Kyle has a nice last show and Aaron has en nice back-in-town show..

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#53re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/6/09 at 10:03am

I am going with my parents tomorrow night. We got our tickets from TDF and I'm looking forward to sharing the show with them. My father works with children with learning issues and similar issues addressed in the show so the topics that are discussed in Next To Normal are ones that interest him based upon his professional life. My mom does similar work so they are both looking forward to see the show because of that.

It's funny, a couple of weeks ago when there were a few dates that the show was available on TDF I emailed my dad and told him the dates and none of them worked out for him so on Thursday I had my laptop in front of me and went to see if they happened to have Next To Normal on there and it turned out that they did for this Monday night. I had seen this thread that talked about how Aaron is coming back tomorrow but that thought never crossed my mind when buying tickets. My dad did ask me if they did offer a rush and had I realized that it was Aaron's first show back I would have said " no fuc*ing way." But, then again, this is one show with a general rush that I wouldn't want to do due to the fact that I am not sure I can stand being in line for a few hours with some of the overzealous fans.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#54re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/6/09 at 10:35am

He works out for a reason. what the hell is the point if no is going to oogle at you.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#55re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/6/09 at 10:38am

It's not like he's untalented either. There's a lot more to appreciate about Tveit than his body. We're not talking about Nick Adams here.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#56re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/6/09 at 10:41am

Right, Aaron's body is just the bow on the gift that is him.

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#57re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/6/09 at 5:52pm

I never saw Aaron in WICKED, and he's very good in NEXT TO NORMAL -- I don't know if the role really lends itself to greatness -- but 2 of the 3 times I saw Kyle Dean in the part, he was lazily sleepwalking through it.

alightinthedark23 Profile Photo
alightinthedark23
#58re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/6/09 at 8:03pm

Granted I only saw Kyle once, but he seemed really into the part. Definitely didn't look like he was sleepwalking through it.

"It's about the Benjamins, not the Bernsteins."-CapnHook

#59re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/6/09 at 8:06pm

Considering Kyle is coming from an ensemble track at Wicked, I can't imagine he'd be sleepwalking through a principal role

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#60re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 6:47am

I didn't think Kyle was sleepwalking through it, either, just that he didn't make the same choices about Gabe, and I liked Aaron's better. NOt a lot better, just better.

Could that come from seeing Aaron from 2nd Stage to the current show? Maybe.

WELCOME BACK, AARON.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

After Eight
#61re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 7:07am

Kyle certainly didn't sleepwalk through the performance I attended. He gave a well thought-out performance, and he did a fine job.

wendy kroy
#62re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 8:49am

Kyle was better in my opinion. But only a bit. They are both amazing. Honestly...it's my least fave character in the show.

Next2Awesome2 Profile Photo
Next2Awesome2
#63re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 9:42am

I'm going tonight! re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7 I saw Aaron in Hairspray, and he was great in that! I've never seen Next to Normal before, so its gonna be very exciting for me!!!

UPCOMING SHOWS***La Cage Aux Folles-4/9, Lend Me A Tenor-4/10, Next to Normal-4/10, Legally Blonde tour-6/5, Jersey Boys-6/9, A Little Night Music-6/9, Addams Family-6/10

#64re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 10:31am

Any news about how crazy the rush line was? Did everyone sleep overnight?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#65re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 10:33am

Based on facebook posts I've seen, people began lining up before Kyle Dean's last show got out. A number of people appear to have seen Kyle's last performance, and than just hopped on the line. I suspect the rush seats were gone before midnight.

I'll be there this evening, thankfully in a seat I didn't have to camp out for.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#66re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 10:37am

They wouldn't let us start lining up until after Kyle's last show and as far as I know no one who was at that show was in the rush line for tonight's show. Rush tickets were definitely still available after midnight.

I was expecting there to be a lot more people then there actually were. Updated On: 9/7/09 at 10:37 AM

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#67re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 10:39am

Yeah, what Obessedjb said. It was definitely do-able, but I still love that people gave it a shot at 8:30 am.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#68re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 11:01am

I don't consider having to sit outside all night like a homeless person "do-able."
Updated On: 9/7/09 at 11:01 AM

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#69re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 11:03am

Well, many other people do. What I meant was it wasn't a fight to get in line after the show as many anticipated.

dramamama611
#70re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 12:11pm

It' a tough night:

Monday
All colleges are in session
It's the end of a holiday weekend
Most public schools start the next day.

I'm sure the cast will be on fire tonight to be re-united. (nothing bad about Kyle intended.) It'll be like coming home.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#71re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 12:21pm

dramamama611, I hope you're right about the cast being on fire due to Aaron's return. That's not to say that the cast doesn't give it their all. I just feel like whoever is lucky enough to go (like myself) is going to be in for a big treat tonight.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#72re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 12:22pm

Hopefully the persistent rumors of a switch form a rush to a lottery this fall turn out to be true.

If ever a show's rush system was out of hand, it's this one.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#73re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 12:42pm

Amen, somethingwicked. One can only hope. The children will be very upset, though.

dramamama611
#74re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 2:12pm

I think its calmed down quite a bit lately...particularly during the week. This will continue through the fall.

Videos