News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7- Page 4

Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7

byebyebaby12 Profile Photo
byebyebaby12
#75re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 2:18pm

I think it will calm down during the week due to the fact that school has started.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#76re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 3:23pm

I can see it getting pretty calm during the week now that schools and colleges are starting back up again. It may be a little busy on the weekends but for the most part the only times I can see it getting pretty crowded like it has been during the summer is on school breaks.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#77re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 3:25pm

You realize that all of the college students who are back now and don't have early morning classes will easily fill up the rush line, right?

heo1128
#78re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 4:20pm

I don't think it'll be starting at 4am, though. I would bet during the week days all the tickets might me gone by like 7ish, but no where near as crazy as it has been.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#79re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 4:32pm

frogs_fan85, you're right. However, I don't think it will be as crazy as it has been when everyone who has shown an interest in this show's rush will be free at the same time.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#80re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 10:48pm

Aaron was on fire!

Leia947
#81re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 10:51pm

So was it worth the craziness, taylor??? re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7

"And I'm a grown up....I don't go on vacations....I go to Broadway." - dramamama611

"Even I think that's hot, and I'm a straight guy. If I ever become gay he is the reason." - Drunk Chita Rivera on Gavin Creel

"Leia947 is my theatre mamma, and I love her for it." - AndAllThatJazz22

taylorPHENOMENON2
#82re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 10:56pm

The performance was absolutely worth it. You could tell the cast was so glad to see Aaron back. He cried a few times and I completely lost it.

Leia947
#83re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 10:58pm

Ugh! I SO need to see this.

"And I'm a grown up....I don't go on vacations....I go to Broadway." - dramamama611

"Even I think that's hot, and I'm a straight guy. If I ever become gay he is the reason." - Drunk Chita Rivera on Gavin Creel

"Leia947 is my theatre mamma, and I love her for it." - AndAllThatJazz22

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#84re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/7/09 at 11:31pm

Phenomenal show. Tveit looked thrilled to be back, and the cast looked happy to have him back.

Audience was very well-behaved, with the exception of about 5 people who started screaming when Tveit's character came out in his boxers. I was very worried at that point that this would be an obnoxious show, but after that, everyone was fine. And in fairness, that was a VERY small number of obnoxious people that did that. Certainly not the majority of his "fans" that may have been there.

It's great to have him back, and he, as always, gave a remarkable performance.

Spotted in the audience tonight...Stephanie J. Block and Sebastian Arcelus. Also, David Bologna.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#85re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/8/09 at 12:07am

Awww...glad to hear it was a great evening. Wish I were there!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

DefyGravity777
#86re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/8/09 at 3:17am

"Audience was very well-behaved, with the exception of about 5 people who started screaming when Tveit's character came out in his boxers."

They were all up in the mezz.

"Spotted in the audience tonight...Stephanie J. Block and Sebastian Arcelus. Also, David Bologna."

They were spotted at stagedoor also. David stagedoored with I'm assuming his dad and Steph and Sebastian went backstage with Bobby.

I might be the only one to think this but I liked Kyle Dean a lot more than Aaron. Don't get me wrong, I love Aaron but just liked Kyle Dean better. Last night I found myself watching Jenn more than him.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

heo1128
#87re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/8/09 at 3:21am

^Do you mean David stagedoored as in stood in line to get autographs? Or he came out of the stage door? If it's the former, then that is 100% adorable.
Updated On: 9/8/09 at 03:21 AM

DefyGravity777
#88re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/8/09 at 3:57am

He stood in line with everyone else to get autographs and pics.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#89re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/8/09 at 4:02am

I saw David Bologna at the stage door of 9 to 5 a few weeks ago. So adorable!

I'm sorry I missed Kyle Dean Massey as Gabe, but I can't wait to see Aaron again.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#90re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/8/09 at 7:01am

Yes, David did wait in line for autographs and pictures with the cast like everyone else. I was standing right next to someone who I think was his father and of course he was standing next to David. When Jenn walked passed she commented on how utterly adorable that was.

I did see Stephanie and Sebastian walk into the stage door. It was funny, when they were walking out of the theatre someone walked into her and of course said that he was sorry, however, Block said that it was she who wasn't looking as to where she was going so Sebastian commented that he thought that her wearing glasses would help out her eyesight rather then be a hinderance.

With regards to the show I will admit that I was worried that the hardcore crazies were going to be out in full force. They did cheer at the start of the show and of course there were those who did again when Aaron came out in his boxers during Just Another Day. But, for the most part it wasn't as bad as it could have been and that was a good thing. The one thing I did notice was something that was ever so subtle but still interesting to see regardless. During Didn't I See This Movie when it was time for Aaron to roll the bed backwards, Ripley gave him a subtle nod as to tell him when to do it. It was great to see that the cast was being very helpful in helping Aaron get the show back into his system after such a long time away.

I must say that it was interesting watching the show with two people who work professionally with the subject matter being talked about in the show on a daily basis and to get their opinion. My father had said that when it comes to mental illness it isn't like a virus where there is generally speaking one kind of medicine that you give the person and that is the end of it. He said that it is a case by case basis and he felt that the writers did their homework and it showed, and that they did a good job creating a realistic story rather then taking an issues that is very serious and just run with it.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#91re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/8/09 at 8:03am

The one thing I did notice was something that was ever so subtle but still interesting to see regardless. During Didn't I See This Movie when it was time for Aaron to roll the bed backwards, Ripley gave him a subtle nod as to tell him when to do it. It was great to see that the cast was being very helpful in helping Aaron get the show back into his system after such a long time away.

Alice always does this, regardless of who is playing Gabe. You don't want to start moving the gurney before she's "in position," holding on, otherwise she could slip off, if it surprised her. It's a safety thing. She's done this, as you mentioned, ever so subtly, every time I've seen the show.

After Eight
#92re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/8/09 at 8:29am

Aaron Tveit/ Kyle Dean Massey.

Each one had his own take on the role, and I thought that both were excellent.

CRS14 Profile Photo
CRS14
#93re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/8/09 at 8:50am

Was there last night. Was in front of Sebastian Arcelus in line for the bathroom during intermission - fun fact.

The show was damn good. It was my 3rd time seeing it (excluding once at Arena) and they all sounded fantastic. Was worried about it being over-the-top for Aaron (like the final SA), but it was perfect.

The only thing I'll add to the reviews is that right before Bobby says "Gabe...Gabriel" in I Am The One (Reprise) - he was crying very audibly/obviously. I'd never seen that before so of course that caused me to start tearing up. Also teared up when Bobby yells "There's nothing there!!"

Moral of the story: I'm a big sap.

At least you're not alone - your friends are there too.

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#94re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/8/09 at 10:09am

I'm tearing up just reading about last night!

BIGGER SAP!

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#95re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/8/09 at 10:38am

Agreed, it's so nice to read! I was a bit worried Aaron wouldn't be excited to come back to N2N since he seemed so into CMIYC. Glad to hear he seemed really into it and happy to be back. Anyone talk to him afterwards?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#96re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/8/09 at 11:44am

Also teared up when Bobby yells "There's nothing there!!"

The way Bobby delivered that line last night was heart-breaking. In that one moment, you could see it all fall apart for him. He's always brilliant in that scene (and the show in general), but last night, that scream was just gut-wrenching and chilling. Made me all kinds of annoyed (again) that he didn't win the Tony this year.

DefyGravity777
#97re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/8/09 at 12:15pm

"The only thing I'll add to the reviews is that right before Bobby says "Gabe...Gabriel" in I Am The One (Reprise) - he was crying very audibly/obviously. I'd never seen that before so of course that caused me to start tearing up."

He did on Kyle Dean's last also. He cried more in the past 2 shows then I ever seen him cry before. Jenn was visibly crying in both shows too.

taylorPHENOMENON2
#98re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/8/09 at 6:02pm

Aaron crying at the end of the first act was enough for me. Destroyed for the rest of the show.

Mattbrain
#99re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/8/09 at 6:07pm

Aaron's back AND Stephanie J. Block, Sebastian Arcelus and Tony nominee David Bologna were in the audience?!?!? Why the hell couldn't I have gotten tickets to THIS performance?!?!?!?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Videos