News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7- Page 2

Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#25re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 8/27/09 at 3:56pm

But the 7th is Monday...Labor Day. They won't be lining up SATURDAY night.

"Wicked colt" is that like an uncontollable horse or a b'way beer?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#26re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 8/27/09 at 3:57pm

It's a horse from Boston!

mina3
#26re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 8/27/09 at 3:57pm

The first time I saw Aaron was in the Second Stage run of Next to Normal, and I thought he was astonishing - born to be a star. I also saw him in Saved, where he had much less to do but made the most of it. I did not see him in Wicked, so it is incorrect to say that all of his fans are "from the Wicked cult" (as I presume you meant to say - a colt is a young horse).

Also, Gabe is a bland role? Really? I'd call Fiyero a more boring role than Gabe.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#28re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 8/27/09 at 4:08pm

I never saw Aaron in Wicked...I've only seen him in N2N...

MikeyJ72
#29re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 8/27/09 at 4:52pm

I saw Aaron as Fiyero in Wicked last year and thought he was fine. I was more underwhelmed with the role of Fiyero than Aaron's performance.

I thought he was fantastic as Gabe, however. I agree with those who were shocked about the Tony snub, though I know it's been said that it was because he was leaving immediately for CMIYC.

Never saw KDM as Gabe, so I can't make any sort of fair comparison, but was extremely moved and impressed by Aaron's acting and vocals in the role.
Updated On: 8/27/09 at 04:52 PM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#30re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 8/27/09 at 5:01pm

I'll be there that evening as well. Orchestra A2.

But the people who praise Aaron are from the Wicked colt.

That's an absolutely ridiculous statement to make, CSon. Tveit's performance was praised by lots of people outside of this so called cult, including Ben Brantley, who believed he should have been nominated for the Tony.

Personally, I saw Aaron in next to normal (at 2nd Stage) long before I saw him in Wicked. Of all the shows I've seen him in (n2n, Hairspray, Saved, and Wicked), next to normal is by far his best work to date.

AKTFan Profile Photo
AKTFan
#31re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 8/27/09 at 5:26pm

I bought tickets for Sept.10 about a month ago in anticipating that he would return.. and he is, yes!

He was fantastic in CMIYC-- he had a great command of the stage and was nothing short of spectacular.

This will be my first time going to see N2N, I'm looking forward to him and the rest of the cast putting on a great show.

RentBoy86
#32re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 8/27/09 at 6:53pm

When my friend saw it, she didn't understand why the son was "gay." I then proceeded to tell her he wasn't, or that it wasn't talked about in the show, and she seemed confused because he was obviously playing it like a gay men would play the role, ha. Take that how you will folks.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#33re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 8/27/09 at 7:15pm

Again, I',m going to get in the rush line now.

Well, I mean, I've been in line since last month, so you'd better hurry up.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#34re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 8/27/09 at 7:17pm

Rentboy- hahaha yes!! I also took my best friend to see the show and at intermission her one comment was "it looks like the dead son wants to have sex with everyone" I asked her what she meant and she said that every time Tveit stands behind a family member he gives them his intense "stare." I thought it was hilarious and couldn't help but notice how much he does it in the second act.

anyways thank you drunk chita- I too, have never gotten the appeal of Tveit. Not only does he seem to exude arrogance every time I see him but also I find him to be one of the weaker actors who are still getting work in NY. I saw N2N at Second Stage and thought his acting was laughably awful. I burst out laughing on his line readings of "I think you're brave mom" and others. Anyways to his credit when I saw it on Broadway I thought he had improved a lot although I still think that a Tony nomination is ridiculous. I know I'm in the minority but i can't stand him and am not looking forward to stomaching him in Catch Me if you Can but will do so for Norbert and curiosity for the show.

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

Libby1209
#35re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 8/27/09 at 7:33pm

Dramamama, you beat me to it! I was going to ask what a "colt" was...Colt 45?

RentBoy86
#36re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 8/27/09 at 7:39pm

I don't think he's awful, and he has a great voice, but the times I've seen Next to Normal he just didn't seem all that into it. He seemed to be rushing all of his lines and the big emotional pay off at the end of the show was just sort of given a "whatever" feel, so that kind of peeved me.

Also, I can understand the lack of a Tony nomination. His role is the only one of the main four that doesn't really have a character arch, as there isn't really one to give him. He's just kind of there to play a stock "all american boy" character that Ripley's character dreams up. There's not much else to really do with it except flail around the set at every given point.

Wayman_Wong
#37re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 8/28/09 at 12:42pm

I was pretty floored when Tveit DIDN'T get a Tony nomination. And I'm not buying the 'character arc' argument. I mean, what kind of character arc does David Bologna (or Will Swenson) have in their respective shows? Alice Ripley got the best reviews from 'Next to Normal,' followed by Tveit. To me, he's a dynamic presence and a terrific singer/actor. It's no accident that he won the Helen Hayes Award (in D.C.) or the Clarence Derwent Award. All nominations are subjective; I would've nominated him over, say, Bologna or Gregory Jbara. At any rate, Tveit's a young guy with a bright future; last season alone, he was in 'Hairspray,' 'Saved,' 'Wicked' and 'Next to Normal.' Maybe the Tonys will nominate him for 'Catch Me If You Can.'

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#38re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 8/28/09 at 1:24pm

when I saw the show (N2N)..Tveit seemed very into the show and the role...I don't know what anyone else could possibly say..he seems to give it his all

RemarkableTimes
#39re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 8/29/09 at 4:31pm

Taylor, I'll come keep you company while you rush! Maybe bring donuts or something. :)

greeneyed_one Profile Photo
greeneyed_one
#40re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/5/09 at 12:08am

I am seeing N2N once Aaron returns. Is it likely I will be able to catch him at the stage door?

Skywalker3
#41re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/5/09 at 8:15am

re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7

Here's a reason to see him..
Shame he keeps his towel on now a day's..

(this was taken at the Second Stage)

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#42re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/5/09 at 1:41pm

Hot damn!

Right Click> Save Image As...

Cugirl Profile Photo
Cugirl
#43re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/5/09 at 7:03pm

*fans herself*. Thank you Skywalker for making my day.

"Das Gegenteil von Krieg ist nicht Frieden...sondern Schöpfung!" - German Mark Cohen

JonTambourine
#44re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/6/09 at 12:45am

I assure you Aaron is vomiting right now at the thought of you tweens/trolls looking at his pictures. Get lives, all of you.

taylorPHENOMENON2
#45re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/6/09 at 1:29am

I'm sure ALL Aaron thinks about is people looking at pictures of him. You get a life, you fool.

JonTambourine
#46re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/6/09 at 1:34am

Uh, good response. Sure, whatever. You're still a loser.

heo1128
#47re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/6/09 at 1:35am

Anyone know if people are already in line for Kyle's last?

byebyebaby12 Profile Photo
byebyebaby12
#48re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/6/09 at 1:36am

Well, I would not be suprised if people are camping out now for Aaron's first back.

taylorPHENOMENON2
#49re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
Posted: 9/6/09 at 1:37am

Good responses for a FANTASTIC post! I'm a loser? I didn;t even comment on the pictures of Aaron shirtless. You joined this week to start insulting fans? Sounds more accurate for loser.

Yes, heo, the first person was there around 11:30

Videos