News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

BARE cast

Footlooser Profile Photo
Footlooser
#5800Idea..
Posted: 4/4/05 at 12:52am

I acctully thought this was a good idea, not a crazy one. John set up the pay off his debt thing on Amazon. Could you get one of those going for this?

"You know just because you put a smiley face after it doesn't change the fact that it was an a-hole comment." ~ Sumofallthings

Mattio98
#5801Idea..
Posted: 4/4/05 at 12:56am

I think a better idea would be to set a more modest goal: raising enough money for a backers' reading.

KristiAnn85 Profile Photo
KristiAnn85
#5802Idea..
Posted: 4/4/05 at 1:02am

I'm in for anything! Sign me up, whatever happens. I have no job, but I'll get money somehow, short of robbing a bank.

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#5803Idea..
Posted: 4/4/05 at 1:07am

John set up the pay off his debt thing on Amazon.

Say what now? LOL

I think a better idea would be to set a more modest goal: raising enough money for a backers' reading.

A good idea and a modest goal, but I've never been one for modesty. Idea..

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#5804Idea..
Posted: 4/4/05 at 9:32am

Sign me up, too.

Ah, pipe dreams. =D Gott have 'em.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

thespian geek
#5805Idea..
Posted: 4/4/05 at 11:08am

Hehe. Know anyone else that'd be willing to help?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#5806Idea..
Posted: 4/4/05 at 6:25pm

Over 5000 hits on a show that ran a few weeks in a 100 seat house and a year later people still talk.
Why was this show so special?
The Cast was Amazing and the Directing and writing talent also first class.
It was a magical group of people and such a moment in it's time and the drama about re-opening, made it legend.
Let's just remember it fondly.

thespian geek
#5807Idea..
Posted: 4/4/05 at 11:49pm

Oooor.. let's really try and bring it back. Idea..

renthead2005z Profile Photo
renthead2005z
#5808Idea..
Posted: 4/4/05 at 11:57pm

hell yeah

"Why do we play with fire?-Why do we run our fingers through the flame?"

badkarma719 Profile Photo
badkarma719
#5809Idea..
Posted: 4/5/05 at 12:37am

i missed this thread

In the words of the great MargoChanning "Broadwayworld.com -- Your One Stop on the Internet for All Things Broadway, Nasty Political Discussions, Meltdowns, Name-Calling and General Nonsense along with being a Premiere Pick-up Joint for Hotties, Shut-ins, Rambunctuous Teenagers With Bad Grammar, and All Manner of Bitter, Jaded Theatre Queens with WAY Too Much Time on Their Hands"?

thespian geek
#5810Idea..
Posted: 4/5/05 at 1:50pm

Posted this over at my LiveJournal:

"It seems most people are definitely for this, though they're being wary, which is understandable. Don't want to get hopes up and the like.

As of right now, I've got a couple of friends helping me really get on its feet. We're going to try and have a website set up by the end of the week. After that's up and people start contributing, we're really going to get the ball rolling on this. By "get the ball rolling", I mean we're going to be contacting people and getting word out there. Yes, we're going to try and get in touch with cast members from the show. Yes, we're going to even try and get in contact with the Matt and Damon (the creators of BARE). Any lengths we can go to, we will.

Also, another idea that we came up with is an online auction. It won't just strictly consist of things signed by cast members, but anything you guys want to contribute. Do you make things and think you can make something BARE-related or you think people would love? We'll gladly take it! More information on this to come as we plan it out.

Thank you to everyone who's said they'll help. It means the world to us."

Idea..

SquaneishaWashington
#5811Idea..
Posted: 4/5/05 at 3:01pm

Who is Matt????

Secondly...the cast members cant help you..they are no longer cast members..if the show was to happen again...with different producers...don't you think it would be recast to some extent?

Unfortunately, sad as it is...it's not in any fans' power to revive the show..if the writers wanted it produced....it would be.

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#5812Idea..
Posted: 4/5/05 at 3:44pm

id love to see it come back i didnt get to see it when it was out first... is there anyway someone would be able to get ahold of the rights for say a college production?

thespian geek
#5813SAVEBARE.COM
Posted: 4/27/05 at 3:41pm

http://www.savebare.com

The website is ready now, and you may start pouring into the forums. However, the project hasn't quite begun yet, as there have been problems with starting the auction and the donation account (long story). Still, of course, you may start spreading the word!

PS. We're working on getting some buttons done so you guys can promote this site better. :)

teth Profile Photo
teth
#5814SAVEBARE.COM
Posted: 4/27/05 at 4:07pm

Great job you guys!

thespian geek
#5815SAVEBARE.COM
Posted: 4/27/05 at 4:13pm

Thank you. SAVEBARE.COM

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!