News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BroadwayCon - A convention for Broadway fans- Page 12

BroadwayCon - A convention for Broadway fans

GreenSharpie Profile Photo
GreenSharpie
#275BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/20/16 at 9:47pm

For those attending, what do your tentative schedules look like? Just want to live vicariously through you :)

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#276BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/20/16 at 9:48pm

I'm honestly not planning my schedule until (late) tomorrow night! My social media feeds are constantly flooded with update after update to the master schedule, so I'm anxious to set anything up when it could all be changed! So excited BroadwayCon:

Pootie2
#277BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 12:24am

I ended up creating a different thread specifically for this year's con events for people to share their experiences, which should be easier to find than within this thread at nearly 300 posts. smiley

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1089783&dt=0

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

LaciePi
#278BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 1:05am

BroadwayCon responded to me regarding the coat check.  The Hilton will have coat check for ~$4.75.

LaciePi
#279BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 2:05am

I noticed the BroadwayCon App has more events than the website's schedule.  For example, it has:  Autograph/Photobooth ticket swap, Funny Girls, Susan Blackwell's interview, Les Miz,  BroadwayCon StageDoor, and Didn't I See This Movie? 

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#280BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 8:45am

How do I find the app? I searched in thr Play Store and it doesn't come up. I googled and nothing came up. What's it called?

JM226
#281BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 8:54am

see you there, jasonf. can't wait

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#282BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 9:18am

Planned out my schedule last night. Friday I must leave at two due to a work commitment in the evening, Saturday I stay until four or so, Sunday I'll be getting there at eleven and staying for the rest of that day. Below is a list of what I'll be wearing each day if you feel like saying hi!

Friday: R+H's Cinderella shirt and Enter Laughing (York Theatre) baseball cap

Saturday: Little Mermaid sweater and black fedora

Sunday: Marilyn Monroe shirt and "Victorian" headband

My autograph sessions are with Rob McClure, Rebecca Luker, Randy Graff, and Kerrigan-Lowdermilk. Also, I got accepted into Jenn Colella's workshop which is very exciting!

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

LaciePi
#283BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 9:28am

The app is Broadwaycon at the App Store.

I also found an answer for your question about potential crowd sizes.  If you view the schedule on the website, click each panel and scroll to the bottom of that panel's webpage.  They will list the count and people who had clicked they are attending.  That might give a rough estimate how popular an event will be.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#284BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 11:19am

Heading over to the city in like 4 hours myself. I am definitely going to be wearing my Bombshell concert shirt on Saturday. Not sure about the other days since that's my only theater related clothes.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

pickles2
#285BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 11:22am

Searched the Google Play store but no app showed up. Is there not one for Android users?

_IrisTInkerbell
#286BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 2:33pm

I read that the app is available in the app store AND google play store, but if both of us can't find it, at least I'm not just stupid or blind!

Pootie2
#287BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 2:59pm

I checked on my Android phone and found it (but did not install since I'm not going): BroadwayCon:

I don't know why some people may not be seeing it. There could be a compatibility issue or something.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#288BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 3:01pm

They just announced Sara Bareilles is going to be there on Sunday.  As a teacher, I've been using Brave in my classroom for the past three or four years - it's one of my best lessons. Of all the people going, she is the one I would be star struck in front of.  Amazing...

If anyone wants to meet up, I'm happy to meet anyone!  It's going to be a busy weekend, but I can't wait

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

_IrisTInkerbell
#289BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 4:00pm

Funny, I just opened the playstore, the search was still open from earlier and it's there now. It definitely wasn't a few hours ago.

LightsOut90
#290BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 8:25pm

so I'm hearing that the Broadway League is considering closing shows on saturday because the city is considering closing down the MTA during the peak time of the storm....if thats the case this con is going to be in trouble. 

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#291BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 8:27pm

As I've been saying to my mom, I'll know for sure when I wake up on Saturday and look out the window!

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

LightsOut90
#292BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 8:45pm

My other concern about this is still what the daily attendance is expected to be, i mean by how little paneling there is on friday I can't imagine the daily attendance is going to stretch past 3000, if so lots of folks who won't be seeing things, especially if the main room only holds 450! Also anyone know if they are clearing the rooms between panels?

taking a look its just strange Friday panels don't start til noon and past 3:30 theres only one thing really going on at a time, saturday is busy, and then Sunday theres really only stuff going on from 10-1, on paper, not a lot.

Updated On: 1/21/16 at 08:45 PM

mariel9 Profile Photo
mariel9
#293BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 9:20pm

Whoa, where did you see that the main room only holds 450? I've been trying to figure out the main room capacity since weekend pass holders are supposed to be guaranteed entry to main stage panels. If capacity is only 450 that will be plainly impossible for, say, the Hamilton panel.

LightsOut90
#294BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 9:25pm

_IrisTInkerbell said: "Just went on the Hilton website to check room capacity (for seating, no idea if there might be additional standing room), if anyone else is interested:

Beekman: 240

Gramercy West: 450 (? bwaycon website says "west", the Hilton only has Gramercy A & B, or combined)

Murray Hill: 400 (assuming it's A&B combined)

Nassau: 250 (same)

Regent: 240

Sutton: 200-240 (depending which room, there are several called Sutton) 

All rooms are on the same floor (except for the Autograph/Photo booth rooms

"

sorry i thought it said 450 on that list, but regardless, not a lot of space for the panels.

LaciePi
#295BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 9:37pm

The BroadwayCon app has a map that shows the "Main Stage" is on the 3rd floor.  The Grand Ballroom is on the third floor.  It can hold up to 3300 people. 

If you go to BroadwayCon's website's schedule and clicked on the Hamilton panel, it shows the current count of attendees (with a PUBLIC profile) who said that they will or want to attend this panel is 1168.   Maybe there's another 1000 people who have private profiles or are not using the website.  Then the total attendance at the panel could possibly be up to 2000. 

mariel9 Profile Photo
mariel9
#296BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 9:38pm

According to the map on the broadwaycon app, all those rooms are on the 2nd floor, and the main stage is a much larger room on the 3rd floor. Ok, I feel better.

Pootie2
#297BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 9:47pm

https://twitter.com/bwaycon/status/690363706761412608

"Due to weather-related travel complications, @JeremyMJordan and @DarrenCriss are unable to join us this weekend. We will miss them!"

pickles2
#298BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 10:03pm

LightsOut90 said: "_IrisTInkerbell said: "Just went on the Hilton website to check room capacity (for seating, no idea if there might be additional standing room), if anyone else is interested:

Sutton: 200-240 (depending which room, there are several called Sutton) 

"

I think Sutton might be able to hold 600-700, actually. The way I am reading the hotel and BWayCon maps, it looks like it can be divided into 3 smaller rooms of around 200, or left open. 

I could be mistaken, but as somebody who wants to see Deaf West East I hope I am correct.

_IrisTInkerbell
#299BroadwayCon:
Posted: 1/21/16 at 10:55pm

I didn't include the "Main Stage" in my post about seats per room, as I didn't know which room that was at the Hilton. I assumed that would be bigger, so 3000 sounds about right.

pickles2, I hope you're right about the Sutton, and that they are using the extended versions of ALL the rooms, really. Because most panels that I looked at had at least 200-300 people with public profiles listed already.

I have not gotten a response to my email yet, I included a question about whether they would clear rooms between sessions. So please, all of you that are going tomorrow, please report back.

Videos