News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024- Page 11

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#250CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 11:33am

lopside said: "The table seats have food and drink included ?"

God no, nothing is included in this production, everything is extra if you want more than just a seat. These prices seem normal given the cost of the production and the insane hype around it coming here. People complaining are just looking at the top number, there are plenty of the $99 seats at every performance. 

gibsons2
#251CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 11:49am

ColorTheHours048 said: "The code doesn’t appear to work for all dates, but I tried for a random date in May and got in no problem. Probably an error.

Anyway, while there is certainly insane pricing - especially if you do any kind of add-ons - there are also plenty of less insanely priced options in areas that look totally great. I got orchestra seats right in front of the mezzanine overhang for $99.
"

Which seats did you get? The only $99 seats I saw in the orchestra were accessible and companion seats

Updated On: 10/25/23 at 11:49 AM

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#252CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 12:08pm

mshalo18 said: "FANtomFollies said: "Got Orchestra row E for a Wed matinee in June for $289 each. I actually feel like that is way less than I was expecting so I'm happy."

Do you mind me asking what seat number? I'm still not sure I'm looking at the correct side of the theater.
"

Seats 115,116,117,118

mshalo18
#253CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 12:49pm

Thanks! Very helpful and got my tickets! 

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#254CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 1:11pm

gibsons2 said: "ColorTheHours048 said: "The code doesn’t appear to work for all dates, but I tried for a random date in May and got in no problem. Probably an error.

Anyway, while there is certainly insane pricing - especially if you do any kind of add-ons - there are also plenty of less insanely priced options in areas that look totally great. I got orchestra seats right in front of the mezzanine overhang for $99.
"

Which seats did you get? The only $99 seats I saw in the orchestra were accessible and companion seats
"

Damn, you’re so right. I’m usually good at reading fine print, but I totally missed that. Rear mezzanine it is.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#255CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 2:31pm

My god, these ticket prices are insane for a table seat. Granted, though, I am not surprised. I think I will try to get seats on the stage-side mezzanine. I remember sitting in the last row of that section in London, and the view was great. Might have to put this on a credit card though and pay it off over time!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#256CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 2:45pm

Who are the producers ? I need to have a chat with them about the prices. Was looking forward to this. Oh well

binau Profile Photo
binau
#257CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 2:49pm

I'm just so interested to see how this will sell. The whole thing feels very ambitious given it was just on Broadway just less than 10 years ago with bigger stars and didn't exactly set the box office alight. Has enough time passed and the hype big enough to overcome these obstacles? 

The production itself is great, but it's still Cabaret. It's not like the Jamie Lloyd reinvention of Sunset, which will be a must-see even for those that saw Glenn Close in 2017. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Dylan Smith4
#258CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 2:50pm

WldKingdomHM said: "Who are the producers? I need to have a chat with them about the prices. Was looking forward to this. Oh well"

I am sure we all would love to have a word with the producers. Also, I would love to have a word with the federal government because they need to do the right thing and fund the crap out of theatre just like the UK government does. Will it happen? NOPE!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

ren598
#259CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 3:31pm

HBP said: "$699 - 789 for table seating in April...per seat. I'd rather fly to London."

Broadway prices are ridiculous.  I saw Cabaret 4 times in the West End with 4 different Emcee/Sally combo including Eddie and Jessie and the latest duo of Jake Shears and Rebecca Lucy Taylor and I don't think I paid more than 100 GBP for tickets in the lower level orchestra.  London is definitely the way to go to get more entertainment for your bucks. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#260CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 3:51pm

What code are people using that works, for the Amex presale?

ren598
#261CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 3:53pm

Jordan Catalano said: "What code are people using that works, for the Amex presale?"

It says to use 'AMEXKKC' on the Seat Geek site.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#262CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 3:56pm

Ah thank you! 

$789 for a table seat is…a choice. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#263CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 5:17pm

ren598 said: "HBP said: "$699 - 789 for table seating in April...per seat. I'd rather fly to London."

Broadway prices are ridiculous. I saw Cabaret 4 times in the West End with 4 different Emcee/Sally combo including Eddie and Jessie and the latest duo of Jake Shears and Rebecca Lucy Taylor and I don't think I paid more than 100 GBP for tickets in the lower level orchestra. London is definitely the way to go to get more entertainment for your bucks.
"

My trip to London in July, I was able to see 10 SHOWS (including Cabaret) for a rough total of $750 US, if that.

To pay $789 for one seat at one performance, and that doesn’t include the $105 service fee at the theatre for the food and beverage - total $894 - is some BULL

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm
Updated On: 10/25/23 at 05:17 PM

Dylan Smith4
#264CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 5:42pm

I was able to see 19 shows in London this summer. Cabaret was probably the most expensive. About £130 for my first trip in the row stalls right behind the table seats, and £89 for the second in the stage-side mezzanine. For Broadway, those look like they will cost about $300-$400. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#265CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 6:31pm

Very curious to see who'll be the alternates starting on June 17 and 19.

Updated On: 10/25/23 at 06:31 PM

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#266CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 7:05pm

quizking101 said: "ren598 said: "HBP said: "$699 - 789 for table seating in April...per seat. I'd rather fly to London."

Broadway prices are ridiculous. I saw Cabaret 4 times in the West End with 4 different Emcee/Sally combo including Eddie and Jessie and the latest duo of Jake Shears and Rebecca Lucy Taylor and I don't think I paid more than 100 GBP for tickets in the lower level orchestra. London is definitely the way to go to get more entertainment for your bucks.
"

My trip to London in July, I was able to see 10 SHOWS (including Cabaret) for a rough total of $750 US, if that.

To pay $789 for one seat at one performance, and that doesn’t include the $105 service fee at the theatre for the food and beverage - total $894 - is some BULL
"

Oh good. Another show for rich people. Yeah, I know, they’ll make a few $200 tickets available for us mere mortals located somewhere in the parking lot across the street. 

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#268CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 8:59pm

Jordan Catalano said: "A fun article to look back on in these discussions. "

Strangely enough, the first show I paid $100 a ticket to see was Cabaret in the early 2000s. 

TaffyDavenport
#269CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 9:05pm

I paid $100 for front-row mezzanine at Miss Saigon in 1991, which I believe was more expensive than orchestra because of the helicopter, and which I also think was a record-high for Broadway at that time. I wasn't happy when I got there and found out that Lea Salonga wasn't doing Wednesday or Saturday matinees.

Updated On: 10/25/23 at 09:05 PM

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#270CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 10:10pm

Performance question - I got a ticket for the Wednesday, May 1 matinee. I looked on the website to see if Redmayne and Rankin were not playing any performances. The website said cast members being out would be listed on each day. I saw no notice of cast being out on Wednesday, May 1 (it’s so early in the run). But I’m still concerned that I might have made a wrong choice by picking a weekday matinee. I read here that they will be out on certain days starting mid-June. Does anyone have an info on how many performances a week Redmayne and Rankin will play until mid-June?

Updated On: 10/26/23 at 10:10 PM

smidge
#271CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 10:29pm

TaffyDavenport said: "I paid $100 for front-row mezzanine at Miss Saigon in 1991, which I believe was more expensive than orchestra because of the helicopter, and which I also think was a record-high for Broadway at that time. I wasn't happy when I got there and found out that Lea Salonga wasn't doing Wednesday or Saturday matinees."

That happened to me also. I try to be more alert nowadays.

mshalo18
#272CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 11:00pm

smidge said: "TaffyDavenport said: "I paid $100 for front-row mezzanine at Miss Saigon in 1991, which I believe was more expensive than orchestra because of the helicopter, and which I also think was a record-high for Broadway at that time. I wasn't happy when I got there and found out that Lea Salonga wasn't doing Wednesday or Saturday matinees."

"

Are you telling me that after all these years, I’m just learning that I saw Monique Wilson and not Lea Salonga when I saw Miss Saigon? Long story, but this was the first show I was late for, and I didn’t hear the announcement. 

Guess I will be digging out my old Playbills tomorrow for confirmation…

TaffyDavenport
#273CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 11:26pm

mshalo18 said: "smidge said: "TaffyDavenport said: "I paid $100 for front-row mezzanine at Miss Saigon in 1991, which I believe was more expensive than orchestra because of the helicopter, and which I also think was a record-high for Broadway at that time. I wasn't happy when I got there and found out that Lea Salonga wasn't doing Wednesday or Saturday matinees."

"

Are you telling me that after all these years, I’m just learning that I saw Monique Wilson and not Lea Salonga when I saw Miss Saigon? Long story, but this was the first show I was late for, and I didn’t hear the announcement.

Guess I will be digging out my old Playbills tomorrow for confirmation…
"

Her performances off changed throughout the run, so it depends when you went. I went to a mid-May '91 Saturday matinee, and her alternate was Kam Cheng.

Updated On: 10/25/23 at 11:26 PM

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#274CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/26/23 at 10:13am

Not sure if I'm seeing this right, but when looking at the seating chart, it looks like they are not using the full main orchestra section. Normally many rows extend under the mezz, but now it seems there are only a few rows underneath. I wonder if they are using that area as part of a bar or VIP area?

Latest Posts

Videos