News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024- Page 12

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#275CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/26/23 at 11:13am

Can anyone tell me (definitively) if a pre-paid AmEx will work for the pre-sale. I would hate to go and get one and then it be rejected. Thanks!

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#276CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/26/23 at 11:19am

I would think they would recreate one of the themed bars there. I'm wondering if the bar below the auditorium would become the red bar, then they would use the back of the orchestra for the gold bar and build the green bar on the mezzanine level.

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

BETTY22
#277CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/26/23 at 11:48am

WOW these ticket expensive.

I guess folks are happy to pay to see a big Oscar-winning star. 

mshalo18
#278CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/26/23 at 12:08pm

Broadway Bob* said: "Can anyone tell me (definitively) if a pre-paid AmEx will work for the pre-sale. I would hate to go and get one and then it be rejected. Thanks!"

I think your best bet is to use the customer service chat on SeatGeek to be sure. According to Google, they do accept them, but I wouldn't chance it.

kwoc91
#279CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/27/23 at 11:14am

I bit the bullet last night and purchased tickets via the AMEX presale. After looking at the food menu, I decided it really wouldn't be worth it to pay those table/VIP prices, so I "settled" for $299 orchestra tickets slightly behind the tables. I adore Cabaret and there aren't many other shows I would drop that kind of money for, especially this far in advance, but by May I'll have forgotten all about that wink

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#280CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/27/23 at 11:33am

StageDoor3 said: "Performance question - I got a ticket for the Wednesday, May 1 matinee. I looked on the website to see if Redmayne and Rankin were not playing any performances. The website said cast members being out would be listed on each day. I saw no notice of cast being out on Wednesday, May 1 (it’s so early in the run). But I’m still concerned that I might have made a wrong choice by picking a weekday matinee. I read here that they will be out on certain days starting mid-June.Does anyone have an info on how many performances a week Redmayne and Rankin will play until mid-June?"

I think Eddie Redmayne didn't miss a single show in London, and I doubt he'd take time off so close to the Tony Awards

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#281CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/27/23 at 1:43pm

Thank you to those who replied re the leads being out on matinees.

It would definitely stand to reason that the cast would want to be in all performances during Tony consideration and voting. The website says - https://kitkat.club/cabaret-broadway/faq/

Eddie Redmayne and Gayle Rankin star as the Emcee and Sally Bowles through Saturday, August 31, 2024. From June 17, 2024, Eddie Redmayne will not perform on Monday evenings and Gayle Rankin will not perform at Wednesday matinees. Eddie Redmayne will not perform on Sunday, July 7, 2024. Casting for performances beginning September 1, 2024 will be announced soon.

Someone else referred to this on the thread. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's accurate. If anyone else has other knowledge, please share. Thank you.

Updated On: 10/27/23 at 01:43 PM

Broadway Bob*
#282CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/27/23 at 7:06pm

mshalo18 said: "Broadway Bob* said: "Can anyone tell me (definitively) if a pre-paid AmEx will work for the pre-sale. I would hate to go and get one and then it be rejected. Thanks!"

I think your best bet is to use the customer service chat on SeatGeek to be sure. According to Google, they do accept them, but I wouldn't chance it.
"

Thank you for the advice. I chatted and was told they do accept them. So, I crossed my fingers and got one. It worked!!! Now have my tix and I'm SO excited! I haven't been back to the city since my open heart surgery one year ago today so now I have something to REALLY look forward to!

C4b2a3b
#283CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/28/23 at 12:30pm

Seat Geek code "Spooky" was successful for 25 dollars off for me. The email says 20% off up to 25 dollars valid until 10/31.

I was tempted to set up two Seat Geek accounts to try to use the code twice, but I didn't try it. 

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#284CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/28/23 at 2:42pm

It cracks me up how the fee is $20. Crazy

Georgeanddot2 Profile Photo
Georgeanddot2
#285CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/28/23 at 3:53pm

Broadway is not dead.  It has been MURDERED by ticket prices.

BdwayLife
#286CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/28/23 at 5:21pm

What are people's thoughts on Mezzanine 4 Row E? I’ve been studying the seating chat on SeatGeek. It seems to me that with the overhang, Mezz 4 is closer than the rear of Mezz 1, 2, and 3?  Only $159 with discount on Seat Geek for evening in April that I'm looking at. Will purchase a prepaid AMEX card and purchase if you think the view is okay.  Or, am I not interpreting the overhangs correctly? 

Updated On: 10/29/23 at 05:21 PM

BdwayLife
#287CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/28/23 at 9:58pm

DELETE

Updated On: 11/2/23 at 09:58 PM

Voter
#288CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/28/23 at 10:27pm

Does anyone know the content warning on this new production? Does it have any gunshots? Loud noises? Blackouts?

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#289CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/29/23 at 12:09am

Voter said: "Does anyone know the content warning on this new production? Does it have any gunshots? Loud noises? Blackouts?"

I feel like the loudest noise in the show/production is the brick going through Herr Schultz’s window in Act II. 

Updated On: 10/29/23 at 12:09 AM

yyys
#290CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/30/23 at 11:09am

it appears you can pay for this using AFFIRM? Has anyone done it?  

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#291CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/30/23 at 11:22am

yyys said: "it appears you can pay for this using AFFIRM? Has anyone done it?"

As with any pay over time plan, be sure to read the fine print, especially if there is a missed payment at anytime for any reason.

sppunk
#292CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/30/23 at 1:59pm

Decided to get Orch 4 (right behind the stage), row E for Friday May 3. We'll see how those go! 

Updated On: 10/30/23 at 01:59 PM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#293CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/30/23 at 2:08pm

Ato Blankson-Wood confirmed for Cliff. Now just waiting on Neuwirth and Diaz:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzCEt8-PZyl/

Oh look, a bibu!

yyys
#294CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/30/23 at 2:16pm

AFFIRM did not work  haha, so it's strictly Amex at this time.

east side story said: "yyys said: "it appears you can pay for this using AFFIRM? Has anyone done it?"

As with any pay over time plan, be sure to read the fine print, especially if there is a missed payment at anytime for any reason.
"

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#295CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/30/23 at 2:25pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Ato Blankson-Wood confirmed for Cliff. Now just waiting on Neuwirth and Diaz:

"

Which Diaz is this and for what role?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#296CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/30/23 at 2:28pm

FANtomFollies said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Ato Blankson-Wood confirmed for Cliff. Now just waiting on Neuwirth and Diaz:

"

Which Diaz is this and for what role?
"

Natascia Diaz as Fräulein Kost.

Oh look, a bibu!

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#297CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/30/23 at 3:12pm

Missed the Bebe Neuwirth rumor, I AM VERY INTRIGUED! though her voice was pretty shot in The Bedwetter and Addams Family.

Broadway Bob*
#298CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/30/23 at 4:15pm

I know the Bebe rumors have been repeated before, but I'm still holding out hope for a Carolee Carmello Fraulein Schneider! And why no rumors about a Herr Schultz yet? Hmm....

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#299CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/1/23 at 9:46am

Has anyone received the code for the fan sale that’s supposed to start at 10am? I’ve not and I’m getting anxious haha

"In here, life is beautiful"

Videos