News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024- Page 10

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#225CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/24/23 at 2:44pm

HenryTDobson said: "Any rumors about other cast members? I'm not interested at this point and hoping that other casting news will get me on board to pay the high numbers for a ticket."

Yeah, I'm particularly interested in Schultz & Schneider, the heart of the show. After seeing HARMONY, I wish this CABARET was coming in next year instead so Chip Zien could play Schultz!

Does this production mostly use the book from the Sam Mendes production? Or is it a fourth iteration of the Cabaret book? (I know there's an added prologue)

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#226CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/24/23 at 3:49pm

In London, we sat a table on the "short" side - meaning the upper two levels were across from us. Except for the title number, we didn't feel like we were looking at people's backs too often. The only time where it was noticeable was the title number which played to the other side about 2/3 to 3/4 of the time (or so it felt). We didn't feel like we missed out on anything. But, then, again, we were at a table (second row of tables) so it was all very intimate and compelling an disturbing. I was physically shaking during and at the conclusion of Tomorrow Belongs To Me.  

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#227CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/24/23 at 3:52pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "HenryTDobson said: "Any rumors about other cast members? I'm not interested at this point and hoping that other casting news will get me on board to pay the high numbers for a ticket."

Yeah, I'm particularly interested in Schultz & Schneider, the heart of the show. After seeing HARMONY, I wish this CABARET was coming in next year instead so Chip Zien could play Schultz!

Does this production mostly use the book from the Sam Mendes production? Or is it a fourth iteration of the Cabaret book? (I know there's an added prologue)
"

Book uses the 1998 version used in the Mendes production, including song list.

chrishuyen
#228CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/24/23 at 3:53pm

I really didn't think we missed that much by sitting on the "short" side in the mezzanine, not sure how it'll be in the August Wilson but the overhang was very close to the stage and I don't think I registered seeing a lot of backs since they did a pretty good job playing around the entire space (also there's a turntable).  If the pricing structure remains similar to London's, I think it's actually a bit more bang for your buck since it was cheaper to sit on that side without much detriment in the sightlines (and also because it was shallower, the cheapest seat in that section was still closer than the "regular" mezz section).  

The main issue that was annoying (outside of some cramped leg room) was that there's no actual mezz to exit to so if you need to use the restroom or visit the bar during intermission, you have to go down the stairs and cross over the stage to get to the main lobby area.

absalom
#229CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 12:27am

Was interested in catching this at one of the tables, but am coming in from out of town (Toronto), will be solo, and it sounds like tables are only sold in pairs.

Would anyone be interested in sharing a table? Was also considering the option to dine tableside for more of the experience, but not a dealbreaker.

I don’t post much here—primarily lurk to read all your fantastic reviews and news—but Miles2Go can vouch for me (we’ve met a few times attending the same show and have dined together over the years when we’ve been in New York at the same time).

Will be in town the 2nd week of April, so I’d be looking at either the evening of Tuesday, April 9 or Wednesday, April 10. Feel free to PM!

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#230CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 9:59am

Anyone else waiting for the AMEX presale?

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#232CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 10:16am

$699 - 789 for table seating in April...per seat. I'd rather fly to London.

AllThatJazz2
#233CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 10:20am

These prices are absolutely insane. $789 with fees for a table seat?! 

Got third row mezz seats on the side for $254 in August. We wanted good seats but we weren't shelling out more than that. 

I think they are severely overestimating what people are willing to pay for this show. Could be wrong, but this seems bananas. 

lopside
#234CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 10:22am

The table seats have food and drink included ?

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#235CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 10:23am

Got Orchestra row E for a Wed matinee in June for $289 each. I actually feel like that is way less than I was expecting so I'm happy.

pathman2
#236CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 10:23am

TotallyEffed said: "These PRICES."

I agree! All the table seats are $699 + fees (except for one pair of accessible table seats). I went with center row E for $349 + fees (with Amex preferred) for the 4/13 evening. Wasn't given an option to add the Pineapple Room for this preview, just individual food items. Looks like the Pineapple Room is available after opening night. Good luck getting what you want!

Updated On: 10/25/23 at 10:23 AM

AllThatJazz2
#237CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 10:24am

lopside said: "The table seats have food and drink included ?"

I believe the food and drink is an upcharge of $85-$105 depending on the package - someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

lopside
#238CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 10:28am

It seems like it's the default on the highest price table, and then you can add for some other searing options

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#239CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 10:46am

east side story said: "Book uses the 1998 version used in the Mendes production, including song list."

Thanks!

Poor Cliff never gets his own song nowadays...

jpiedrafite
#240CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 10:49am

Is anyone getting an error message saying it's an invalid code?

AllThatJazz2
#241CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 10:51am

jpiedrafite said: "Is anyone getting an error message saying it's an invalid code?"

I got that a few times before it finally took.

pathman2
#242CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024

jpiedrafite said: "Is anyone getting an error message saying it's an invalid code?"

Yep, same here when trying to check other performances.

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#243CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024

Wish I could get in just to see what the sales look like this first hour, but without an AmEx code I can't. Boo!

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

mshalo18
#244CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 10:52am

I just came to ask what the access code is for the same reason. Is it just the system being overwhelmed?

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#245CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 10:54am

Broadway Bob* said: "Wish I could get in just to see what the sales look like this first hour, but without an AmEx code I can't. Boo!"

You can. There’s a code on the website that allows you to enter to check tickets and prices.

jpiedrafite
#246CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 11:09am

TotallyEffed said: "Broadway Bob* said: "Wish I could get in just to see what the sales look like this first hour, but without an AmEx code I can't. Boo!"

You can. There’s a code on the website that allows you to enter to check tickets and prices.
"

The code doesn't seem to be working - I've tried multiple times on multiple devices and cleared my cache. No luck, and there doesn't seem to be a way to contact seat geek...

Sammy232
#247CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 11:12am

TotallyEffed said: "These PRICES."

Seriously! 100% will be waiting it out for a bit I don't think these prices will hold.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#248CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 11:13am

The code doesn’t appear to work for all dates, but I tried for a random date in May and got in no problem. Probably an error.

Anyway, while there is certainly insane pricing - especially if you do any kind of add-ons - there are also plenty of less insanely priced options in areas that look totally great. I got orchestra seats right in front of the mezzanine overhang for $99.

mshalo18
#249CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/25/23 at 11:28am

FANtomFollies said: "Got Orchestra row E for a Wed matinee in June for $289 each. I actually feel like that is way less than I was expecting so I'm happy."

Do you mind me asking what seat number? I'm still not sure I'm looking at the correct side of the theater.

Videos