News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2- Page 38

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

bwayondabrain
#925re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:28pm

I think I'm going to go email Tina right now

But has she been on lately? I haven't heard about her going on for Laura in awhile...hmm

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#926re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:58pm

Ummm...because Laura's been in.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

MrAmySpanger Profile Photo
MrAmySpanger
#927re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 4:34pm

Man i just wasted a good 30 minutes of my life catching up on the last few pages of the board...
ANNNYYWYWAYYY..
Freckles1329-I agree! i really hope amy gets better! Im sure that nothing would stop her from missing the last show, and her last fre preformaces for that matter. Hopefully she'll be back as soon as possible. And for that matter, has anyone heard anyhting about amy being in? i problbaby read something about it from previous post but all that stupid drama kind of affected my memory... was she iun at all yesterday, or today?

Oh, and TWSFan4Ever, i love your new picture =]

i saw the apple tree last satruday, before wedding singer, and boy ohh boy is it and she incredible.
EVERYONE GO SEE APPLE TREE ANY CHANCE YOU GET!!

#928re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 4:41pm

Is it okay if I join this? Because I'm in LOVE with the Wedding Singer.

And, if you won't let me in on that, it's my birthday. :)

I saw it at the end of August and I'm an addict. And I'm PROUD of it.

bwayondabrain
#929re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 4:58pm

of course you can join this! we're very glad to have you!
yeah WEDDING SINGER love!!!

and btw, Happy Birthday! re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

AnaGFan
#930re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 5:14pm

Loved the show and the cast is soooo nice! Loved Tina!

#931re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 5:36pm

Lol, thank you! My friend bought me the OBCR for my b-day, and it's still in the stereo. I screamed and ripped it open the second i got home. My family already has it cuz we bought it for my brother (and got it signed by Stephen) when we went to see the show. I got a poster signed by almost all of the leads. All but Rose and Linda.

How'd you get into TWS?

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#932re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 8:54pm

Age check!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#933re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 10:17pm

Mr Amy Spanger - I haven't heard anything about today's show but I know Amy wasn't in Friday, Sat matinee, or Sat evening. Let's hope she was back today! I just hope it's nothing serious, whatever the reason may be.

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

SweetQintheLights
#934re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 10:21pm

I just talked to someone who went to the show today and (if I remember correctly), Amy was still not there.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#935re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 10:23pm

I can confirm that Robyn was on again today. A friend of mine (who is a HUGE Amy fan) was there and loved Robyn.

Glad to hear she did well!! Here's hoping Amy gets well soon..

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

MrAmySpanger
#936re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 10:27pm

From what i've heard, Robyn's grown into the roll quickly. Not to suggest that she was bad when she first started, but everyone seems impressed.

the only thing about Robyn is how she says "Once" the weekend rolls around, not "When"...but i've grown to love it.

and i LOVE in the mall scene, where she flirts with Robbie after "Cya later robbie" and she full out grabs her ass.

funny stuff...anyway.

Any news on the tour; dates, cast, etc?

Freckles1329
#937re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 10:37pm

Robyn was amazing. I am a huge Amy Spanger fan, as well and I loved Robyn!! Her comedic timing was perfect, and her singing and dancing were great. I thought she played a great Holly. The part after Robbie and Julia kiss after Not That Kind of Thing was priceless, she was hysterical. The scary thing is, a lot of the time I felt like I was watching Amy. I just felt they do a lot of the same things. I don't know if that's just me or not, but it was just sort of weird.

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#938re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 10:44pm

re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

In the spirit of the season, I give you: THE AMY ELF!!

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

MrAmySpanger
#939re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 10:46pm

I agree, Amy and Robyn share alot of the same mannerisms on stage. And Robyn was extremley sweet at stagedoor... (as was Amy). Robyn was great for the role, but noone compares to Amy. Anyway. Let's hope Amy gets better soon.

Freckles1329
#940re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 10:48pm

They both were so sweet at the stage door. Amy seemed excited that I had my Reefer Madness thing for her to sign. And when I was talking to Robyn, she seemed to really appreciate what I was saying about her performance.

Foa - That pic is too funny!

MistressoftheHouse
#941re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 10:56pm

Whoa guys. I was seriously gone for TWO DAYS and had, *ahem* a lot to catch up on. At first I was really glad to see a lot of posts in the thread but then...yeah.

Anyway, BringMetoBroadway, we're glad to have you! Fans are always welcome.

I feel like I had a Wedding Singer moment, but I forget it. I was kinda bummed when I realized I forgot to bring home my demo CD from school, though. Over the summer I listened to it (or blared it while singing loudly, whatever) while getting ready for work, and usually timed it well enough to end on "All About the Green"...I haven't quite decided what I'm going to do while getting ready for the month I'm home. I have until Tuesday to figure that out.

I'm glad to hear the show's been great! I can only imagine how the last show's gonna be...just the energy and everything will be fantastic.

And I'm sure most everyone was glad for Matthew to come back (I think that was asked like a page ago...) He just routinely turns in a great performance, so maybe people didn't feel the need to keep saying that they enjoyed his take on the role.

Yeah, I think that's it. I'm done. re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

Avatar credit goes to _shiksagoddess_ on livejournal.com.

MrAmySpanger
#942re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 11:19pm

ha did i tell the story about meeting mathew in a chineese deli?...i can't remember

and the amy elf..wow! hahaha.

Can anyone tell me how the show is from the front of center mezz? i bought tickets for closing show; i figured rush would be too redicuouls and i KNOW i wouldn't be able to miss that. I have seen it from the same seat everytime, 105 (student rush.) MYYY seat :).

Freckles1329
#943re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 11:25pm

I don't know if this helps any, but the first time I saw the show I was in the fourth row of the front mezz and I could see pretty much everything perfectly. I'm sure the front center would be better. So i'd say those are great seats.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#944re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 11:26pm

I'll take A108 any day.

And I do. Every time.

MistressoftheHouse
#945re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 11:58pm

FOA, how do you manage to do that? When I did rush I got 101 and 102 because no one wanted to go ahead of me. But I was afraid that if I got there later than I did there could be a long line and I didn't want to chance not getting tickets at all.

Avatar credit goes to _shiksagoddess_ on livejournal.com.

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#946re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/18/06 at 12:49am

It's funny. Everyone has their own favorite seats. My personal preference is A104...I have sat there most of the times I've rushed. It is quite the lovely occurrence. :)

I am glad to see the boards are back to their friendly selves.

At the stage door today, there were two girls dressed to the nines as Linda and Holly. I was very amused.

Richard was out again today. Kevin kern was not there either, so McGurk was Billy Idol and Stocke was Glen. Robin was on for Amy again.

As for the question about the Saldivar love, I just....the man is awesome. He was missed and while there isn't much gushing on these boards, I love the overwhelming happy sigh from the die hard fans at stage door when he comes out and starts to sign. It was interesting to have Constantine there, but Matthew is Sammy to me...and many others, I think.

It's also kind of amusing that stage door is CRAZIER NOW than it was with Constantine if you can believe it.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#947re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/18/06 at 1:10am

Actually the costumed group consisted of 2 Hollys, a Linda, and a Julia. Very sweet people and I really have to compliment them on their costuming skills and dedication to the show. This was my first time seeing it today and I loved it. I'm glad I had a chance to see it before it closed and I wish I could go back and see it again but that is not possible. Robyn Hurder did an amazing job as Holly and the cast seemed to keep it together and not randomly burst out laughing or anything. It was a thrill to see Laura Benati live and I wish this cast the best of luck in finding new jobs.

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

MrAmySpanger
#948re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/18/06 at 1:37am

anyone start thinking about what shows are gunna occupy their time once tws is gone?
i was hoping spring awakening..but i dont know how long that will last.
the cast album is incredible though. and im seeing it on the 30th (wedding signer, too...hopefully)

Also, anyone rushing the 30th evening or afternnoon?

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#949re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/18/06 at 1:44am

I wanna rush the evening because the last night show before closing tends to be crazy, but I shudder at how early I would have to wake up.

I saw the closing of "High Fidelity" tonight nad it made me realize how hhard closing of TWS will be.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

Videos