News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2- Page 36

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#875re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/16/06 at 10:57pm

whatever. Updated On: 12/17/06 at 10:57 PM

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#876re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/16/06 at 11:02pm

What's even worse is when people are at the stage door and insist on taking ten thousand pictures with the same person. Especially when that performer is trying to politely make it clear that they have to go...and said fan is screaming "ONE MORE PICTURE! ONE MORE PICTURE!!!!"

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#877re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/16/06 at 11:14pm

whatever. Updated On: 12/17/06 at 11:14 PM

DrunkyMcWasted Profile Photo
DrunkyMcWasted
#878re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 12:32am

What's worse is when you talk about people as if they're not going to read this thread themselves.

I'm not saying nobody annoys me, but I don't go on the boards yelling "OMG so-and-so is so stupid and obnoxious" right where they're going to read it. Have a little class, people.

l love you without knowing how... or when... or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride.
I love you because I know no other way than this.

I believe in fate
But it's up to us to follow through

Dally
#879re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 1:13am

DRSisLove:
As someone who knows both Jeni and Cara well, I know that this is 100% NOT true! Besides the blatent inappropriateness of using someone's full name, you have also committed libel, which is legally actionable! I HIGHLY suggest that you edit your post! I also recommend you carefully consider what you write about others, as things like this reflect negatively upon you, usually worse than what you are trying to do to them.

If you have an issue with someone, take it up privately with them in a PM rather than being falsely accusatory on a message board.

Updated On: 12/17/06 at 01:13 AM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#880re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 1:44am

Ugh. I got cheated out of tickets for the matinee today because a couple of girls decided that they HAD to go to both shows, and a group of people let them cut to the front of the line. I was quite pissed.

Ended up seeing Chicago (and loving it), but I was still not happy.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#881re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 1:45am

whatever. Updated On: 12/17/06 at 01:45 AM

dancingthrulife04
#882re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 1:54am

I know who it was. I didn't want to go right ahead and use her name.

But, I got there at 7:45, I'm allowed to be annoyed.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
Updated On: 12/17/06 at 01:54 AM

broadwaybaby086
#883re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:03am

EEEK! I really didn't mean to start that. Just wanted to know what craziness had happened; I didn't want people to get bashed. Let's go to happy topics. Anyone know who is going to be out today/tomorrow? And how was the evening show?! Happy!

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

dancingthrulife04
#884re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:05am

Amy and Richard were out this afternoon.

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#885re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:15am

Just Amy was out tonight.

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

broadwaybaby086
#886re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:19am

I thought Robyn did a great job when I saw her, I just really want to see Amy- the energy she brings is out-of-control. I don't want to rush and miss the Spanger joy! I mean, really, who else can make the three words "she fell down" funny? Seriously.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#887re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:21am

haha that's true! "She fell down!" is the most priceless line! Robyn was excellent, I thought. But I really missed Amy. That might have been my last time to see the show and I wish I could've seen her.

Oh and I just realized tonight that I had seen Laura in Sound of Music back in the day!! so weird!

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

broadwaybaby086
#888re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:28am

"He's planning to frame you!" (à la Ana Gasteyer, or the commentary)

Okay. I'm done threadjacking now. Hopefully. Night!

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#889re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:41am

I made my second trip to The Wedding Singer tonight, first trip since I saw it in previews. I thought Robyn Hurder in as Holly was great, but my favorite is still Felicia Finley's Linda- there is a woman who is *rockin* her role. I loved Linda the best in previews, and I still loved Linda the best tonight. "A Note From Linda" is... awesome. (Sorry- I had to do it.)

I miss "Right on Time." I know, got cut how long ago now? Like I said, my first trip back since previews.

I also really enjoy Nicolette Hart- back in October 2005 I saw her go on as Maureen in Rent, and she completely blew. me. away. Seriously loved her Maureen, so much so she got a semi-rambling entry in my blog about how much I loved her Maureen, and I can still remember her name over a year later (I'm not that good with names most of the time). Nicolette says she's going back to Rent come January, so it might be time for me to revisit that show again.

bwayondabrain
#889re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 8:07am

I also wanted to apologize for pointing out names of people, and saying they were annoying
I just have personally been told by many people that the two people I mentioned always shout and scream quite a lot, even to the point that they get complaints from many audience members. They also bring posters and hold them up during curtain call and such.

It probably wasn't my place to mention them, but I thought I knew who you all were talking about yesterday.

And yeah, I can't wait till Stacey gets back to hear her reviews :)

btw, thanks for the review Anakela! Felicia is rockin, haha re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2 Love her!

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#890re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 10:28am

Whoa, the last two pages of this thread are completely rude.

Imagine how Stacey is going to feel when she comes home from a lovely weekend and sees she was getting bashed on a thread that she created...so completely unnecessary.

I was at the stage door yesterday for both shows, I actually went to meet Stacey and she was completely and totally respectable and cool. She stood behind the barricades and was very polite. There was a group of girls at the matinee who were OUT OF CONTROL to the point that some cast members commented on it, but it wasn't her.

It is one thing to be excited and to say hi to the cast and a complete other thing to accost them. These girls blocked the end of the barricades so no one could get out, which was scary. I could go into far more detail, but it's just unnecessary. I just wish some people would think about how their actions look to others and I am beginning to dread the last show of WEdding Singer. For all the fans who have supported this show from the beginning, it is going to be REALLY hard for people to say goodbye if they have to fight their way through hordes of screaming girls who can't behave themselves.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

MrAmySpanger Profile Photo
MrAmySpanger
#891re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 10:49am

Does anyone know why amy has been out so much?!
It's upsetting!

bwayondabrain
#892re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 10:56am

How many girls were there? Because again, that may have been the two girls I was referring to earlier, who I also know the cast has complained about in the past.

And yeah, Stacey would never be freak out or be an annoying fan. She is a perfectly sweet and calm person.

BlueforBroadway Profile Photo
BlueforBroadway
#893re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 11:15am

A question to all of you who couldn't wait for Matt Saldivar to come back and for Constantine to be gone. Y'all haven't mentioned just how wonderful and awesome it is for him to be back. I was expecting huge accolades of love for him. What happened? Do you not even notice he is in the show? Such a fuss was made over Constantine taking his place that I figured when Matt came back there would be tons of gushing love for him. 'splain please?

Jekyll & Hyde back on Broadway! / Rock of Ages - 5 Tony nominations! Awesome!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#894re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 11:19am

Where's the Tina love?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#895re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 11:31am

Matthew's been getting a lot of love at the door.

Perhaps the Matthew fans just aren't as vocal as...others.

I for one am glad he's back. Constantine was great when he first started...but as time went on he stopped playing for the audience and started playing for his fans. He made all his lines and solos completely drawn out and was just milking it.

Nice guy. Nice performer. But, I'm glad Matt's back.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

FallintoLight Profile Photo
FallintoLight
#896re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 11:48am

Imagine how Stacey is going to feel when she comes home from a lovely weekend and sees she was getting bashed on a thread that she created...so completely unnecessary.

Likewise, Imagine how Jeni is going to feel when she sees her name up there. She has been nothing but supportive of this show. Many of you have appologized, yes, but I now suggest that you edit your posts and edit out peoples names! Be courteous!
Updated On: 12/17/06 at 11:48 AM

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#897re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 11:55am

I stand by what I said.

FallintoLight Profile Photo
FallintoLight
#898re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 12/17/06 at 12:02pm

I have been a regular on this board for quite a long time and I don't remember this board ever being so mean. I am confused as to why people feel the need to hurt other people and say awful things about them. This has been going on a lot in the last few days and I don't see the point. If someone does, would you mind explaining it to me?

Videos