Skip to main content
Shop Merch Add a Show Listing
My Shows
News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

DAMN YANKEES - 2027 Broadway revisal (Marquis) - Harris, Hough & Scott — Page 3

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.

#51

Re: DAMN YANKEES - 2027 Broadway revisal (Marquis) - Harris, Hough & Scott

Yeah, eliminating a sexist and misogynistic song lyric is absolutely pearl clutching.....🙄

Ok, you clearly think my comment was insensitive. But seriously, can we please just grapple with texts as snapshots of the time in which they were created and not try to scrub out all of the aspects that haven't aged well just to sooth the sensibilities of a modern day audience? Even a show as innocuous as Damn Yankees says something about the time period in which it was produced, and reflects the attitudes, biases, and prejudices that existed in our culture. To remove those is to remove the historical interest that makes older works worth reviving in the first place.

#52

Re: DAMN YANKEES - 2027 Broadway revisal (Marquis) - Harris, Hough & Scott

Am I the only one that is disappointed that Julianne Hough is cast in this? I’m still not over the fact that she thought it was acceptable to go in black face for a Halloween costume. Why has the Broadway community welcomed her back with open arms? I am so not for this casting choice.

#54

Re: DAMN YANKEES - 2027 Broadway revisal (Marquis) - Harris, Hough & Scott

Theatrefan2 said: "Plus the fact that dancing aside, she is a very mediocre talent.

At least its not her creepy brother I guess
"

yeah, she’s a subpar actress and singer but again, why are we welcoming her back with open arms when she thought doing black face was appropriate??? Come on Broadway!!

#55

Re: DAMN YANKEES - 2027 Broadway revisal (Marquis) - Harris, Hough & Scott

DrMonicaDeMoneco said: "Am I the only one that is disappointed that Julianne Hough is cast in this? I’m still not over the fact that she thought it was acceptable to go in black face for a Halloween costume. Why has the Broadway community welcomed her back with open arms? I am so not for this casting choice."



News Flash --- no one is going to force you to buy a ticket. So siddown, shuddup, and let others make their own choices and judge the performance once it has actually taken place.

#56

Re: DAMN YANKEES - 2027 Broadway revisal (Marquis) - Harris, Hough & Scott

JSquared2 said: "DrMonicaDeMoneco said: "Am I the only one that is disappointed that Julianne Hough is cast in this? I’m still not over the fact that she thought it was acceptable to go in black face for a Halloween costume. Why has the Broadway community welcomed her back with open arms? I am so not for this casting choice."



News Flash --- no one is going to force you to buy a ticket. So siddown, shuddup, and let others make their own choices and judge the performance once it has actually taken place.
"

Newsh Flash--no one is forcing you to read anyone else's comments. So siddown, shuddup, and let others make their own choices and read the comments they are intersted in reading.

Latest Posts

BroadwayWorld TV


Ticket Central
Hot Show
Tickets From $58
Hot Show
Tickets From $80
Hot Show
Tickets From $67
Hot Show
Tickets From $59