News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21- Page 10

Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21

DefyGravity777
#225re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/27/09 at 1:44pm

""Your entire enjoyment is based on who's nice at the stage door."

"not for all of us thank you very much""

Yet you show up at stagedoor after ever show you see,stand at the end of the line so you can have more time to talk to them, and talk on other messageboards about how nice so and so was to you.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!
Updated On: 7/27/09 at 01:44 PM

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#226re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/27/09 at 2:05pm

maybe so but my entire enjoyment of the seeing the show isn't based on my stage door experiences like ljay said

and my main reason for standing at the end of the line is to a) let those who haven't seen the show before go ahead of me and B) to avoid you when we see the same shows and c) I don't stage door every show I see..most of them? yes but not all of them

Updated On: 7/27/09 at 02:05 PM

mina3
#227re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/27/09 at 2:09pm

Yes, there are cast changes coming quite soon for the First Tour. No, the replacements aren't any of the people mentioned in this thread. re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21

TheatreDork2
#228re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/27/09 at 2:19pm

The people who work on Wicked's posters SUCK!

This poster was already photoshopped before they put Dee on it.
They had a picture of Nicole which they removed put Nicole's body from another picture & then stuck on Dee's head. That is WAY overly complicated.
re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21

I threw this together in under five minutes & think it's pretty good.

re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21

zoraksferal Profile Photo
zoraksferal
#229re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/27/09 at 2:31pm

Is that seriously the picture they threw together? And yes, yours is MUCH better.

"It doesn't work when you lick it!"

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#230re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/27/09 at 2:56pm

If you look at the picture you took of the photo at the theatre, it looks like theres a line behind Dee as if they are wanting to play Elphaba. Idk, I'm tired and think crazy things.

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

zoraksferal
#231re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/27/09 at 3:23pm

Haha! I totally didn't notice that! At least if they cast those random ladies, they wouldn't be recycling the worst of the Elphaba's any more! re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#232re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/27/09 at 3:43pm

Annaleigh was atrocious. Can't wait to hear more from Dee. Beautiful voice.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#233re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/27/09 at 5:33pm

obsessedjb: The reasons for why you tend to stand at the end of the barricades may very well be some, if not all of those reasons, but you always love the attention being the end of the barricade gets you. I have stage doored with both you and DefyingGravity777, and out of the both of you, DefyingGravity doesn't stand at the barricade to garner herself more attention, like you do.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

snowskittle
#234re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/27/09 at 10:23pm

"Yes, there are cast changes coming quite soon for the First Tour. No, the replacements aren't any of the people mentioned in this thread"

Do you know when Donna and Katie are leaving the show? I've heard dates that are all over the place.

And have their replacements been decided?

AndAllThatJazz22
#235re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/27/09 at 10:32pm

I actually Saw Annaleigh on Broadway and I have to agree that she was a hot mess. She had no chemistry with anyone in the cast, her 'comic timing' was achieved by saying a mildly funny line with an obnoxiously squeaky voice, and she brought zero charm to the character. That girl was a disgrace.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

mina3
#236re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/28/09 at 1:42pm

"Do you know when Donna and Katie are leaving the show? I've heard dates that are all over the place.

And have their replacements been decided?"

I believe Donna is leaving in late October/early November, and Katie is done at the end of August. Their replacements have been decided, but I'm not going to ruin the surprise. They really haven't been mentioned in this thread, though. re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21

TheatreDork2
#237re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/28/09 at 1:49pm

Are they new or recycled?

DancingThroughLife2
#238re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/28/09 at 2:33pm

when do the official announcements for replacements usually come out? Becuase Katie is done after their stop at San Diego. When Donna leaves I wish they would let Merideth take over but I bet they will probably bring in someone.

Wicked Fanatic Profile Photo
Wicked Fanatic
#239re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/28/09 at 3:55pm

Someone at WoO who talked with Donna Vivino at Facebook is saying that Katie Rose Clarke's last show will be in San Diego on August 16th, but no replacement is named.

TMedeiros17 Profile Photo
TMedeiros17
#240re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/28/09 at 4:26pm

I read that too.

heres the link: http://www.witchesofoz.com/wicked_boards/index.php?s=38cbba3573f4618bf19bbf075ccd2454&showtopic=29593&pid=1039167&st=1640&#entry1039167

My money is on Annaleise

I really hope Stephanie Torns get's lead, or atleast someone good. Meredith is great but I would prefer a new cast member, Carmen Cusack was s/b in Chicago, Donna Vivino was s/b on tour, A fresh face or someone from another production would be nice.

Shows: Wicked 9.20.08; Wicked 3.14.09; Wicked 4.11.09; Cats 10.27.09; Legally Blonde 11.25.09; Chicago 11.27.09; Wicked 11.27.09; The Color Purple 12.1.09; Wicked 3.25.10; Wicked 3.26.10; Wicked 3.27.10; Wicked 3.28.10; Wicked 4.2.10; Wicked 4.3.10 (Evening and Matinee); Wicked 4.9.10; Wicked 4.10.10; Wicked 4.11.10; The Color Purple 4.24.10;

DancingThroughLife2
#241re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/28/09 at 4:27pm

interesting. and makes sense since Katie has always been one of the main performers at the 1st natls defying inequality shows and the one in San Diego on august 24th she is not listed. wonder who is replacing her... id like to see anneliese van der pol, someone new.. but thats just me!

TheatreDork2
#242re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/28/09 at 4:27pm

I hope it's Anneliese too. I'm seeing the tour in January in Syracuse.

zoraksferal
#243re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/28/09 at 4:46pm

I really hope it isn't Anneliese. I am by no means a fan of her.

BwayBoundJoe
#244re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/28/09 at 6:16pm

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt Anneliese JUST sign a year long contract for Vanities? That would mean she's out of the running.

Glad that Katie had a nice, healthy run. She was the best glinda IMO.

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

AndAllThatJazz22
#245re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/28/09 at 6:19pm

^ Vanities is a limited run, I think it closed already.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

NickChopper
#246re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/28/09 at 6:27pm

Updated On: 8/11/12 at 06:27 PM

TheatreDork2
#247re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/28/09 at 6:29pm

Officialwickednews, that sounds just SOO right. Here is an idea, if it's on Youtube or Wikipedia IT'S A LIE UNTIL PROVEN TRUE.

NickChopper
#248re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/28/09 at 6:34pm

Updated On: 8/11/12 at 06:34 PM

BwayBoundJoe
#249re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21
Posted: 7/28/09 at 6:36pm

Uh...I once read on Wiki that Harvy Feirstein was Glinda and Patti Lupone was Elphaba with Liza as the Wizard. Anywho...As for Vanities...

"Performances will play to Aug. 9." - Via Playbill.com

So if it IS annaleise, she has maybe a week for rehersals.

Videos