News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HADESTOWN will return on September 2- Page 9

HADESTOWN will return on September 2

broadway.4me2
#200HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 10:03am

Anyone get an email yet? I didn't

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#201HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 10:03am

10:03 - Still nothing - anyone?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

GinaDC2
#202HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 10:04am

Code is SINGITAGAIN. All of opening weekend is still more or less sold out though...guess they didn't hold anything back for the fan presale. Feh. 

Logan28
#203HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 10:04am

JUJFAN or SINGITAGAIN

broadway.4me2
#204HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 10:06am

GinaDC2 said: "Code is SINGITAGAIN. All of opening weekend is still more or less sold out though...guess they didn't hold anything back for the fan presale. Feh."

Thank you! Just checked and I guess the first performance really did sell out during the cancellation presale. Gonna have to try to get resale tickets as the date gets closer I guess lol

dramamama611
#205HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 10:16am

Thanks....didnt get the email until 10:10.  Got the tix we wanted for the most part!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 6/8/21 at 10:16 AM

ELFcubed Profile Photo
ELFcubed
#206HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 10:19am

Thanks for the code, folks! I got my mezz tickets for 9/25! The prices definitely increased since January 2020, when I was in row B of the mezz for less than what I paid for rear mezz today. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#207HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 10:22am

Well, that was super easy. The only good thing about Amex presales (if you don't have Amex) is being able to scope out seats early.

dramamama611
#208HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 10:30am

Here's my gripe with Seat Geek.  I knew we were going after the box seats (I know, but we've seen the show, so the price was appealing.)  However....seat geek wouldn't allow me to purchase 2 of them in a single transaction.  Luckily, I knew this from attempting with the AmEx presale.  (I just opened by phone app and my computer.

Odd note: the box seats were price differently for Friday and Saturday night, with Saturday night being TWENTY bucks cheaper!  I didn't look at any other dates than Columbus Day weekend....so maybe an error?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#209HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 10:33am

I also bought a box seat for Saturday, 9/11, and it was $99, as opposed to $119 on other random days. The pricing is all over the place.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#210HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 10:34am

Got the date I wanted, any insight on extreme sides of last row orchestra (orchestra left, Row S). Sat there for Springsteen but curious what it’s like for this show.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#211HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 10:35am

I just find it funny how SeatGeek has the box seats coded as pretty much the worst of the worst, yet, from what I've seen and heard, the view from the left box is pretty spectacular, even if you're seeing the show for the first time.

Updated On: 6/8/21 at 10:35 AM

RWPrincess
#212HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 12:41pm

I've seen the show before so just booked left box. I was in the rear orchestra last time and that felt too far away so hoping this is better.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#213HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 1:03pm

You get what you pay for. 

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#214HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 5:10pm

CT2NYC said: "I just find it funny how SeatGeek has the box seats coded as pretty much the worst of the worst, yet, from what I've seen and heard, the view from the left box is pretty spectacular, even if you're seeing the show for the first time."

Bruce Springsteen at Walter Kerr had the left Box seats as exclusively his. They were sold 1 hr before a show if he didn't use them.  I had 2nd row in box at the rail. For him, the view was great. Unobstructed. 

What was troubling were the folks in orch who videotaped and photoed him during show. No attempts made to stop audience from doing so.  It was visually distracting.

Because that is unlikely in Hades, view from the rail...at least...should be fine.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#215HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/8/21 at 6:07pm

They're only selling seats on the outside rail, which are seats 3, 5, and 7. I'm guessing that seat 1, which is also on the rail, and inner seats 4, 6, 8 are used for the digital lottery, since they're obviously more heavily obstructed. Going by the reviews on A View From My Seat, though, pretty much the only thing you're missing on the left side is the band, which makes perfect sense, and this pic from seat 7 sold me:

HADESTOWN will return on September 2

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#216HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/9/21 at 1:39am

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Walter+Kerr+Theatre/seating-chart/

For anyone curious about the view they will have, I found this website to be so helpful. Trying out extreme side mezz and from the looks of it it won’t be too bad

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

dubs3535
#217HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/10/21 at 1:59pm

Looks like they added the cast to the cast page: https://www.hadestown.com/team.php

First I’ve seen this, at least. I swear when I got my tickets during the AMEX presale the reopening cast hadn’t been confirmed. Is this news to anyone else?

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#218HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/10/21 at 2:19pm

dubs3535 said: "Looks like they added the cast to the cast page:https://www.hadestown.com/team.php

First I’ve seen this, at least. I swear when I got my tickets during the AMEX presale the reopening cast hadn’t been confirmed. Is this news to anyone else?
"

I know Afra Hines said on Instagram that she would be back with the show, but I don't see her listed here. Any chance this is leftover from pre-shutdown?

bway0
#219HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/10/21 at 3:26pm

Kitsune said: "dubs3535 said: "Looks like they added the cast to the cast page:https://www.hadestown.com/team.php

"

I know Afra Hines said on Instagram that she would be back with the show, but I don't see her listed here. Any chance this is leftover from pre-shutdown?
"

This is pre-shut down. Anthony Chatman departed the show April 2020.

DrewJoseph
#220HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/29/21 at 1:19pm

Does anyone know how the original cast attended matinees? Did they play them? I usually dont do matinees because I’m always afraid to miss the principle cast. Not that theres anything wrong with understudies ofcourse.

dramamama611
#221HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/30/21 at 8:53am

Their attendance is fine. Its not like they have unlimited days off to just choose to take matinees off.

Paigiemo21
#222HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 7/2/21 at 2:42pm

Does anyone know the length of Act 1 v. Act 2?  I know it's 2.5 hours with intermission, but does anyone know the breakdown?

Thank you!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#223HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 7/2/21 at 3:35pm

I believe Act I is 1 hour 5, and Act II is 1 hour 10, including bows and “We Raise Our Cups.”

Oh look, a bibu!

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#224HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 7/3/21 at 4:03am

suicidalmickeymouse said: "https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Walter+Kerr+Theatre/seating-chart/

For anyone curious about the view they will have, I found this website to be so helpful. Trying out extreme side mezz and from the looks of it it won’t be too bad
"

Thanks for the tip! 

Videos