News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HADESTOWN will return on September 2- Page 7

HADESTOWN will return on September 2

broadway.4me2
#150HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:14am

WesternSky2 said: "Snagged two tickets for Sept 3!! Very excited.

Also agreed - they must be holding Sept 2nd for something, because not even for a minute were tickets available for that performance.
"

Possibly for the fan general pre-sale next week?

Alexander Lamar
#151HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:18am

Alexander Lamar said: "I also got a ticket for 9/3 after it was clear nothing had been made available for 9/2. Were any of the Jujamcyn presale people able to get 9/2?"

Just looked back and it seems that people in the cancellation presale were indeed able to book for 9/2, at least in the mezz. 

gibsons2
#152HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:18am

I got a ticket for G1 aisle seat for the second week of September. The ticket was $79 plus fees and the view should be stunning. 

Updated On: 6/1/21 at 10:18 AM

VanillaIceCream2
#153HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:20am

I was able to get tickets for September 2 during the Jujamcyn presale last week, but a lot of tickets weren't available even then. The first five rows in the center of the mezz weren't sold, and nothing in the orchestra. At first I thought that the presale tickets were limited, but after looking at other dates it seemed that the whole theater was being sold. Something special must be happening, though I'm not sure why the entire orchestra would be held back!

broadway.4me2
#154HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:21am

Alexander Lamar said: "Alexander Lamar said: "I also got a ticket for 9/3 after it was clear nothing had been made available for 9/2. Were any of the Jujamcyn presale people able to get 9/2?"

Just looked back and it seems that people in the cancellation presale were indeed able to book for 9/2, at least in the mezz.
"

I wonder if the fan presale will have more seats for that performance

GinaDC2
#155HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:25am

I hope so. By the time I realized what was going on with 9/2 I wasn't able to get anything for 9/3 either, so I had to get a single seat for 9/4 Saturday night. I literally rearranged my vacation to be in town on the 2nd. 

ijest22
#156HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:28am

Does anyone know if the Walter Kerr has aisles on the sides, against the walls? Thanks

Alexander Lamar
#157HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:31am

ijest22 said: "Does anyone know if the Walter Kerr has aisles on the sides, against the walls? Thanks"

In the orchestra I would think yes because some of the ADA seats are on the outside aisles

rkade21
#158HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:32am

VanillaIceCream2 said: "I was able to get tickets for September 2during the Jujamcyn presale last week, but a lot of tickets weren't available even then. The first five rows in the center of the mezz weren't sold, and nothing in the orchestra. At first I thought that the presale tickets were limited, but after looking at other dates it seemed that the whole theater was being sold. Something special must be happening, though I'm not sure why the entire orchestra would be held back!"

Interesting. How soon in that early access period did you look?

PhantomMickey
#159HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:32am

Does anyone know where to sit in the Orchestra for the lights in Wait For Me to swing over you? 

VanillaIceCream2
#160HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:35am

rkade21 - I was on the site right at 10am on the first day of the presale, so I think the missing sections weren't sold at all.

PhantomMickey - I don't think the lights swing out further than the first couple rows, maybe the first three. 

Updated On: 6/1/21 at 10:35 AM

rkade21
#161HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:36am

VanillaIceCream2 said: "rkade21 - I was on the site right at 10am on the first day of the presale, so I think the missing sections weren't sold at all."

ah sounds like it, thanks for the info! Lots of invited folks I guess or saving for general sale. It would be awesome if they informed people of that tiered release but oh well.

rkade21
#162HADESTOWN will return on September 2

VanillaIceCream2 said: "rkade21 - I was on the site right at 10am on the first day of the presale, so I think the missing sections weren't sold at all."

ah sounds like it, thanks for the info! Lots of invited folks I guess or saving for general sale. It would be awesome if they informed people of that tiered release but oh well.

broadway.4me2
#163HADESTOWN will return on September 2

This, there's no way the first performance instantly sold out. They're definitely holding a lot back

rkade21
#164HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:39am

I opted for 9/10… 6th row center mezz. Kinda wild the first three rows of center mezz are $321, steep drop to $216 for two rows, then down to $163 by row 6 (F).

I’ve sat dead center mezz row A before and it was an incredible view but not worth double the price of five rows further back this time….

PhantomMickey
#165HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:41am

I hope Hadestown makes an announcement if 9/2 sold out from cancelled ticket holders or if they will be releasing a block for the fan presale, if they're saving a bunch for a big lottery blow out, or what's up that way the rest of us holding out can just make purchases for other dates...

Alexander Lamar
#166HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:46am

I forgot to mention - you didn’t need to checkout with an AMEX if anyone still wants to try.

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#167HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:52am

Got 2 tickets for Mezz Left Row B for $119 each on September 10. Was going to splurge on the center mezz $299 seats but the seats I chose looked good on a view from my seat so I chose the cheaper options! So excited! I’ll be bringing my mom and it’ll be her first time ever in NYC.

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#168HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 10:56am

PhantomMickey said: "I hope Hadestown makes an announcement if 9/2 sold out from cancelled ticket holders or if they will be releasing a block for thefan presale, if they're saving a bunch for a big lottery blow out, or what's up thatway the rest of us holding out can just make purchases for other dates..."

I was one of the people in the cancelled ticket presale, and it did in fact sell out. The only ones that potentially may be available later are those front orchestra seats. And even then, I think that'll wind up going to people who had cancelled tickets and bought those seats previously.

Alexander Lamar
#169HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 11:01am

soulmistin said: "PhantomMickey said: "I hope Hadestown makes an announcement if 9/2 sold out from cancelled ticket holders or if they will be releasing a block for thefan presale, if they're saving a bunch for a big lottery blow out, or what's up thatway the rest of us holding out can just make purchases for other dates..."

I was one of the people in the cancelled ticket presale, and it did in fact sell out. The only ones that potentially may be available later are those front orchestra seats. And even then, I think that'll wind up going to people who had cancelled tickets and bought those seats previously.
"

So the whole house was on sale when you went in for 9/2? Damn. 

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#170HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 11:04am

Alexander Lamar said: "soulmistin said: "PhantomMickey said: "I hope Hadestown makes an announcement if 9/2 sold out from cancelled ticket holders or if they will be releasing a block for thefan presale, if they're saving a bunch for a big lottery blow out, or what's up thatway the rest of us holding out can just make purchases for other dates..."

"

So the whole house was on sale when you went in for 9/2? Damn.
"

Yup, everything except those seats. And they went very quickly, I didn't even manage to get a pair.

GinaDC2
#171HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 11:08am

soulmistin said: "PhantomMickey said: "I hope Hadestown makes an announcement if 9/2 sold out from cancelled ticket holders or if they will be releasing a block for thefan presale, if they're saving a bunch for a big lottery blow out, or what's up thatway the rest of us holding out can just make purchases for other dates..."

"

I'm sure it did sell out. But didn't VanillaIceCream say above that the first five rows of center mezz and lots of the orchestra weren't available even at the very beginning of the Jujamcyn presale? That would suggest that they are  holding back some sections for the fan presale. May be wishful thinking, but I really hope so. 

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#172HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 11:42am

NO, Sept 2 orch DID NOT sell out. JuJam never made it available per a conversation I had with them regarding that.  They did the same w/Moulin.  

I suspect it is for special guests like a traditional opening night...and very possibly, first responders and/or both.  JuJam only made boxes and mezzanine available for Sept 2 which did sell out.

Seat Geek was, again, AWFUL.

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#173HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 11:45am

JayElle said: "

NO, Sept 2 orch DID NOT sell out. JuJam never made it available per a conversation I had with them regarding that. They did the same w/Moulin.

I suspect it is for special guests like a traditional opening night...and very possibly, first responders and/or both. JuJam only made boxes and mezzanine available for Sept 2 which did sell out.

Seat Geek was, again, AWFUL.

"

I don't think I worded it very clearly when I said what was sold. The first few rows were NOT sold at all for opening night. Everything else in the house was sold, and sold out quickly. 

As for the first few rows, they aren't holding them for guests. The company has said it's due to COVID guidelines, and those seats may be released later

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#174HADESTOWN will return on September 2
Posted: 6/1/21 at 11:56am

Yes, all theaters are holding back first few rows per CDC.  You said it clearly.  I contacted them about the possibility that all of orch sold in 60 seconds as it was gone when I got in at 10 am.

Mgr responded that none of orch was made available, but would not say why.  They also said Moulin wasn't either.   So the entire orch did not sell out.  The boxes and upstairs did by end of day May 27.

So the first few rows may become available, but I wonder if they'll just hold them as well.

Videos