News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17- Page 11

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#250HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:07am

Browneyes142 said: "Are you planning on seeing Betty Buckley on the tour or do you just do Broadway?"

Pretty sure I can answer that one.

YES! HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#251HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:11am

Did anyone go to the Shubert in person for their tickets? Wondering what the line looked like this morning!

Dollypop
#252HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:11am

Okay, we're all set!

As my birthday is on a Wednesday, I have tickets for both the matinee and evening performances. I also have a ticket for closing night. I'm satisfied but I can't say I'm happy: this remarkable production should have had a much longer run.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Browneyes142
#253HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:12am

haterobics said: "Browneyes142 said: "Are you planning on seeing Betty Buckley on the tour or do you just do Broadway?"

"

:) I figured she would but her earlier post seemed to indicate this was it, which made me sad .

annang
#254HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:20am

I wasn't able to get through on the website at all; it kept throwing up an error. But things went pretty smoothly on my phone. I bought a second set of tickets for closing night, and the site threw up an error after payment, but they're in my account, and Telecharge phone support (where the CS rep sounded really, really stressed out--constant calls all morning) confirmed the order, though I still haven't gotten an email.

Anyway, my advice would be, if you're having issues on the website, try mobile or the app. Good luck, all!

Dollypop
#255HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:22am

Browneyes142 said: "haterobics said: "Browneyes142 said: "Are you planning on seeing Betty Buckley on the tour or do you just do Broadway?"

"

Yes, I plan to see the tour.

Now let me tell you about this mornin:

I'm filling in for the Cantor at my church.. I have 2 funerals coming in today and had 3 phone and 3 laptops in the choir loft--along with a terrific altar server who volunteered to take care of things while the organist and I provided the music for the funeral masses

I guess God was on our side!

And now funeral #2 is about to start....

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 4/28/18 at 11:22 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#256HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:25am

msmp said: "Did anyone go to the Shubert in person for their tickets? Wondering what the line looked like this morning!"

https://twitter.com/BetteMidler/status/990246958139768832

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#257HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:48am

haterobics said: "msmp said: "Did anyone go to the Shubert in person for their tickets? Wondering what the line looked like this morning!"

"

I’m such a sap. Bette’s tweet made me tear up. For all the snark that often gets thrown around on BWW sometimes, I have mostly found my actual theater-going experiences free of snark and have indeed made new friends (whether just for just a few hours or lifelong) standing in line for rush/lottery/SRO tickets (6 hours; The Book of Mormon; 2012; 40 degree weather), while losing yet again at the Hamilton lottery (2015), pre-theatre conversations with nearby tables at Sardi’s, or just talking to my seatmates before shows or at intermission. 

I won’t make it to see Bette in Dolly again (saw it with Bette in November, Bernadette in February). Both were top-tier theater experiences. I already have booked travel and hotels for 7 nights in June. Plan to see 8 shows (technically 9 since I’m going to be seeing both parts of Angels in America). June can’t come soon enough! Can’t wait to make some new friends even if it only exists for a few hours inside the confines of the theater. 

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#258HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:49am

I tried on my phone and through the Telecharge site.  Twice I had tickets in my cart for the final performance.  I got all the way through to the "triple check" and then got a message it couldn't process the transaction.  After a few more tries, I finally got tickets through the site only to find out one of my earlier transactions went through!  Telecharge very easily corrected the error.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#259HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:54am

haterobics said: "msmp said: "Did anyone go to the Shubert in person for their tickets? Wondering what the line looked like this morning!"

"

Less crowded than I expected but still pretty amazing!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#260HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:57am

Thank goodness, I got my confirmation at 10:03 a.m. If I had to go through the trouble that some of you did, I would've had a nervous breakdown.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#261HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 12:05pm

That took me wayyyyy longer than I’d anticipated, especially since I’m at work and needed to be quick about it. But after many different error messages, grabbed a pair for July 31st center mezz. I’m ecstatic. Thought I’d missed my chance to see Bette, so this is just lovely.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#262HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 12:10pm

It took me 45 minutes, and I was about to throw in the towel as the transactions wouldn't go through.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

mufish
#263HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 12:24pm

Meant to set a reminder on my phone to look for tickets at 10; dawned on me about 15 minutes ago when I checked the board.

Only needed a single which certainly helps, but was able to find one in center mezz for the evening show on 8/25.  Still a handful of seats showing available that date in case anyone is looking, including a few together!

I had seen the show with Bette Midler in October so I was hesitant to go again (living out of town, I generally don't repeat shows so I can see as much as possible) but I've also never attended a closing performance and by going up to the mezz it was a little more "affordable".  It'll be great to revisit what I found to be an absolutely delightful evening at the theatre, and with a legend on stage no less!

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#264HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 12:59pm

I’m amazed at how easy that was. I used the app shortly after 10. Took me a couple of tries. I got third row center mezzanine for an August matinee.

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

ren598
#265HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 1:18pm

I was at Bette's supposed last performance in January. Then also at the added benefits performance that evening. Hesitatingly, I did manage to snag a ticket to the evening performance on August 25th. Now I’m just waiting for Scott Rudin to screw us all and add an extra bonus performance on August 26th.

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#266HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 1:21pm

Completely forgot about the sale, but I snagged a balcony seat for August 25th's evening performance. 

I highly doubt this is the actual closing performance, but I am happy I get to see this production one last time before the tour.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#267HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 1:32pm

Yes, let's hope that this is it - the final, final show. 

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#268HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 1:34pm

ren598 said: "I was at Bette's supposed last performance in January. Then also at the added benefits performance that evening. Hesitatingly, I did manage to snag a ticket to the evening performance on August 25th. Now I’m just waiting for Scott Rudin to screw us all and add an extra bonus performance on August 26th."

I get that you’re determined to see Bette’s final performance, but outside of having bragging rights over your friends who couldn’t shell out $300+, how is Rudin screwing you? You have the ability and opportunity to see a legendary performance three times.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#269HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 1:43pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "ren598 said: "I was at Bette's supposed last performance in January. Then also at the added benefits performance that evening. Hesitatingly, I did manage to snag a ticket to the evening performance on August 25th. Now I’m just waiting for Scott Rudin to screw us all and add an extra bonus performance on August 26th."

I get that you’re determined to see Bette’s final performance, but outside of having bragging rights over your friends who couldn’t shell out $300+, how is Rudin screwing you? You have the ability and opportunity to see a legendary performance three times.
"

And wasn’t the bonus performance done as a benefit? I get the desire to see the final performance, but sometimes there are other important things. I’m guessing the investors don’t get a cut of the profits for any ticket sales for bonus performances? But it does give everyone else working on the closing show one more show’s salary. 

Papi2013
#270HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 1:45pm

nealb1 said: "Yes, let's hope that this is it - the final, final show."

It will not be Bette’s final Dolly.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#271HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 1:51pm

I wasn’t able to get tickets to the final show due to money issues. Hope to god that there is SRO that day.

ren598
#272HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 1:59pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "ren598 said: "I was at Bette's supposed last performance in January. Then also at the added benefits performance that evening. Hesitatingly, I did manage to snag a ticket to the evening performance on August 25th. Now I’m just waiting for Scott Rudin to screw us all and add an extra bonus performance on August 26th."

"

Not so much about bragging rights and more about principle.  I just think if you advertise as the final performance, it should be the final performance.

Papi2013
#273HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 2:03pm

ren598 said: "ColorTheHours048 said: "ren598 said: "I was at Bette's supposed last performance in January. Then also at the added benefits performance that evening. Hesitatingly, I did manage to snag a ticket to the evening performance on August 25th. Now I’m just waiting for Scott Rudin to screw us all and add an extra bonus performance on August 26th."

"

Not so much about bragging rights and moreabout principle. I just think if you advertise as the final performance, it should be the final performance.
"

They didn’t.  Technically they only said it was the last date.  This was discussed on the board before.

Browneyes142
#274HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 2:06pm

"

The beauty of live theater is that there is a completely different energy to different performances. You can't recreate the feel of an opening or closing performance .To get to experience that is the reason I slent more on this ticket than I normally spend on one.

Videos