News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17- Page 10

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

lesmizsaigon Profile Photo
lesmizsaigon
#225HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:26am

Is there any chances of this being extended? I am devastated that it's closing

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#226HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:27am

Used cell phones and a computer starting at 9:55. My first computer try went through quickly. I chose super premium tickets for 8/25 8 p.m., perfect! Chose two great seats, but then got the "no ticketing sessions available message" and could not finish the purchase. Kept clicking to buy them to no avail. While that was happening, one of my cell phones went through and I explained the issue with the customer service rep. (very nice young man). He could not get those tickets to show as available (probably because I had them selected online). But then he said he was getting a message that NO tickets were available for that performance. My husband was listening to this and said get the matinee, he would prefer that. So I asked for 8/25 2 p.m. and the same seats I wanted for 8 p.m. were available for 2 p.m. So I'm good. It's the matinee, but I am good with that. But I am NOT happy with the Telecharge online experience. FAIL.

Updated On: 4/28/18 at 10:27 AM

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#227HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:29am

msmp said: "Been trying since the dot of 10. Can't get past "No ticketing sessions available" so far. :/"

I don’t know if it may be the date you’re choosing. I finally got through at 10:10am, getting a matinee on August 18 - Row C center mezzanine. 

Dollypop
#228HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:30am

Just got closing night tix. Now working on my birthday

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#229HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:31am

Dollypop said: "Just got closing night tix. Now working on my birthday"

Yay!!! So happy to hear this, Dollypop!

madela2
#230HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:32am

Anyone have insight into how annoying the aisle bar/rail is in Balcony A2?

CPannullo
#231HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:32am

Got my closing night tickets!!

@z5
#232HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:33am

Got a ticket!!! Pissed though that I had to pay telecharge "service and convenience fees" when it was anything but.

Ben Sassoon
#233HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:33am

Just got front row balcony, A111 and A112 for about $120 each including fees for Tuesday 14th August

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#234HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:35am

msmp said: "Been trying since the dot of 10. Can't get past "No ticketing sessions available" so far. :/"

As soon as I posted this, I managed to get through on my phone. Surprised at how inexpensive non-premium orchestra seats are compared to what I was expecting--it's really nice they didn't jack up the prices because of the closing/Bette's return.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#235HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:37am

Got front mezz row B closing night. Now I have to book airline tickets. Prices were not bad.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 4/28/18 at 10:37 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#236HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:37am

Got my same closing night ticket as January (although I never actually used that one, since I switched to the benefit at night), C10 in Orchestra.

And I was taking a friend to see MFL two weeks earlier, but he and I have talked a LOT about Dolly, and how much he wished he saw Bette in it, so... I sorted us out in row M off to the side in the orchestra for that day.

I thought I had a fail, since I was on the LAST screen of processing payment for the final performance when I was starting the checkout process for the others in another browser. As soon as I submitted my name and password, the other browser threw an error about another session with the same account or somesuch. I thought it was over, but then I got email confirmation for both, and both show up in my Telecharge account, so close call...

BroadwayConcierge
#237HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:38am

Worth noting now that we can see the performance schedule that Bette will be doing 7 shows a week during her final run. Off on Sundays and Mondays.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#238HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:42am

Got my balcony center row A seat for closing night. Now to sell my balcony center row A seat for 7/15...

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#239HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:44am

BroadwayConcierge said: "Worth noting now that we can see the performance schedule that Bette will be doing 7 shows a week during her final run. Off on Sundays and Mondays."

They posted that on the Dolly site on Thursday night, I think.

Stage Door Sally
#240HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:46am

Glad everyone is getting their Dolly tickets!  HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#241HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:48am

msmp said: "As soon as I posted this, I managed to get through on my phone. Surprised at how inexpensive non-premium orchestra seats are compared to what I was expecting--it's really nice they didn't jack up the prices because of the closing/Bette's return."

I was shocked they were still only $229.

Zamedy154
#242HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:50am

GOT THROUGH to get my closing show tickets, too! Telecharge was literally showing ONE seat left - Right Orchestra, Row K, Seat 22. And the price wasn't nearly as high as I was expecting either! Not thrilled I'll be so far over but can't believe I got tickets to THE final show for Bette and this entire delicious production! Certainly something to look forward to in the stressful months ahead at work. 

And so, so happy to read that Dollypop and so many other Dolly diehards will be there, too! Maybe we can organize a big group Dolly dinner beforehand. So excited!

Stage Door Sally
#243HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:51am

Super Premium for 8/25 8 p.m. were $610 each. Less for other dates and times.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#244HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:53am

Zamedy154 said: "Telecharge was literally showing ONE seat left - Right Orchestra, Row K, Seat 22. And the price wasn't nearly as high as I was expecting either! "

At some point during the sale, they wisely switched over to only showing you the best option, and not the whole seating chart to pick from...

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#245HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:53am

It took me almost an hour, but I was finally able to purchase tickets for the closing performance via the app.

3rd row center balcony. 

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#246HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:55am

haterobics said: "msmp said: "As soon as I posted this, I managed to get through on my phone. Surprised at how inexpensive non-premium orchestra seats are compared to what I was expecting--it's really nice they didn't jack up the prices because of the closing/Bette's return."

I was shocked they were still only $229.
"

Yeah, same. I honestly expected them to be over $300 for non-premium orchestra, and I was braced for my pair to hit four figures. The fact it wasn't is...both surprising and quite pleasant. They could have sold out this run charging whatever they wanted. And don't get me wrong, $229 a ticket is still quite expensive, but in relative terms? Probably the best bargain on Broadway this August.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#247HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:57am

I got mine for closing night - Aug 25th via the phone - side Orchestra, row P.   I couldn't get through on the Telecharge site as it kept timing me out, or it wouldn't recognize the letters/numbers that you have to put at the bottom of the page to prove you aren't a bot. It would ask me to reenter it again.

Let's hope that this is really the final last show.  I saw her last final 2 shows in January. 

Updated On: 4/28/18 at 10:57 AM

BroadwayConcierge
#248HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:02am

Looks to me like closing night is now totally sold out.

Browneyes142
#249HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 11:05am

Dollypop said: "Just got closing night tix. Now working on my birthday"

I'm so excited for you and hoping you get your birthday too. Are you planning on seeing Betty Buckley on the tour or do you just do Broadway?

I am excited, I got Bette's last performance.  I was at Bernadette's first.  I will be there next Thursday for anormal show and I also plan to watch it on tour. I wish I had seen Donna Murphy too.

Updated On: 4/28/18 at 11:05 AM

Videos