News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17- Page 13

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#300HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 8:59am

The mezzanine pricing is definitely better than it was at the end of Bette's initial run. In January, all mezzanine seats were going for $229. This time, at least, the pricing is tiered, starting at $159 for the very rear, and increasing to $229. This could change as the end gets closer, but, for right now, it's a pretty fair deal.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#301HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 11:08am

LesWickedly said: "I believe in her first run, the lowest in Orchestra was $169, which was what I got in Row O side orchestra. Looks like all of orchestra this time around was 229 and up."

Hmm, I know I had M in the center for $189, maybe they had a lower price further over on the sides?

SherrieByTheSea
#302HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 12:37pm

What is the run time for show? Including interval.

thanks

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#303HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 12:43pm

2 hours 40 minutes including one intermission.

SherrieByTheSea
#304HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 12:45pm

Stage Door Sally said: "2 hours 40 minutes including one intermission."

Thank you. Trying to figure out trains already

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#305HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 2:21pm

SherrieByTheSea said: "Stage Door Sally said: "2 hours 40 minutes including one intermission."

"

Keep in mind that since it's a Rudin production (not a criticism per se, I just know that's the policy at his shows in particular), there's no late seating during Act I--just so you don't cut the train into the city too close!

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#306HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 2:33pm

haterobics said: "LesWickedly said: "I believe in her first run, the lowest in Orchestra was $169, which was what I got in Row O side orchestra. Looks like all of orchestra this time around was 229 and up."

Hmm, I know I had M in the center for $189, maybe they had a lower price further over on the sides?
"

It was on the far side aisle, so that’s why it was cheaper. 

Stage Door Sally
#307HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 2:46pm

msmp said: "SherrieByTheSea said: "Stage Door Sally said: "2 hours 40 minutes including one intermission."

"

Keep in mind that since it's a Rudin production (not a criticism per se, I just know that's the policy at his shows in particular), there's no late seating during Act I--just so you don't cut the train into the city too close!
"

Last year I brought a group of eight to Dolly, one in wheelchair, and I had a nightmare for months ahead that we were one minute late and not allowed in the theater — so all my money was down the drain, and everyone was miserable... Fortunately, that did not happen. Da*n you Scott Rudin for all the angst, and also bless you Scott Rudin for this amazing production. When I was a little kid I sang and danced to my mom's OBC recording, acting out a plot I made up to go along with the songs. To be able to see this production with my mom (and daughter) — priceless. A memory that will be forever treasured by my family.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#308HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 2:49pm

LesWickedly said: "It was on the far side aisle, sothat’s why it was cheaper."

They've done away with that nonsense. I paid $229 to sit over there this time. HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#309HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 2:51pm

Makes me feel great about my well over a year old purchase, haterobics. It was a good view, you’ll pretty much just miss one of the tables at Harmonia Gardens, depending on which side you’re on. That was the main thing I felt I missed.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#310HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 2:56pm

I purposely picked the side to sadly miss Ernestina Money doing the hoochy coochie. But I didn't want to risk missing any piece of Bette eating.

Stage Door Sally
#311HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 3:00pm

Your loss. Ernestina was money!

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#312HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 3:46pm

Stage Door Sally said: "Your loss. Ernestina was money!"

Not anymore.  The current Ernestina is NOT money!

Stage Door Sally
#313HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 3:50pm

Yikes, wish Jennifer Simard would come back for the finale. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#314HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 4:34pm

Stage Door Sally said: "Your loss. Ernestina was money!"

I have to lose one side or another, and that side of the stage has less going on than the other. Aside from that one bit of shenanigans with Ernestina, nothing else happens over there.

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#315HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 4:38pm

Stage Door Sally said: "msmp said: "SherrieByTheSea said: "Stage Door Sally said: "2 hours 40 minutes including one intermission."

"

"

Last year I brought a group of eight to Dolly, one in wheelchair, and I had a nightmarefor months ahead that we were one minute late and not allowed in the theater — so all my money was down the drain, and everyone was miserable...Fortunately, that did not happen. Da*n you Scott Rudin for all the angst, and also bless youScott Rudin for this amazing production. When I was a little kid I sangand danced to my mom's OBC recording, acting out a plot I made up to go along with the songs. To be able to see this production with my mom (and daughter) — priceless. A memory that will be forever treasured bymy family.

"

I can relate to the family memories bit here. This show, without exaggeration, basically rebuilt my relationship with my mother after a long frosty period. We're closer than ever and I can't wait to experience Bette with her in August. So as much as I may grumble about some of the stuff Scott Rudin pulls, at the end of the day he's responsible for bringing this beautiful, amazing revival to Broadway and I have to respect him for that.

SherrieByTheSea
#316HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 4:42pm

haterobics said: "Stage Door Sally said: "Your loss. Ernestina was money!"

I have to lose one side or another, and that side of the stage has less going on than the other. Aside from that one bit of shenanigans with Ernestina, nothing else happens over there.
"

I'm worried about my seat. Left Orchestra Row E Seat 13. Will I miss much from this?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#317HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 4:52pm

SherrieByTheSea said: "I'm worried about my seat. Left Orchestra Row E Seat 13. Will I miss much from this?"

That's the opposite side from me. You will probably just miss the bits with the other table, since they are both off to the sides. But the other 98% of the show will be perfect. Being close makes up for it. If I wanted to see both sides, I'd've gone further back or in the mezz, but I rather be close. HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

SherrieByTheSea
#318HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 4:59pm

haterobics said: "SherrieByTheSea said: "I'm worried about my seat. Left Orchestra Row E Seat 13. Will I miss much from this?"

That's the opposite side from me. You will probably just miss the bits with the other table, since they are both off to the sides. But the other 98% of the show will be perfect. Being close makes up for it. If I wanted to see both sides, I'd've gone further back or in the mezz, but I rather be close. HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
"

Thank you. I just don't want to miss any of Charlie Stemp. I saw him in Half a Six-Pence and he is amazing

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#319HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 5:05pm

He is at the table you may not see, but very little happens with him (his action is after he leaves the table, which you should see fine). It is maybe one minute total that happens at the table.

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#320HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 5:14pm

haterobics said: "He is at the table you may not see, but very little happens with him (his action is after he leaves the table, which you should see fine). It is maybe one minute total that happens at the table."

Confirmed. I sat in virtually these same seats (give or take a row, I need to check my ticket stubs) when I saw the show with Bernadette, Santino, and Charlie, and the only things I couldn't see were the few seconds Kate Baldwin and Molly Griggs were talking during that scene since they sit in the interior of the booth. You should be fine in those scenes, and you'll have a good view of Charlie finding Vandergelder's wallet, and very good views of his participation in the polka contest.

Flowerlovestage5 Profile Photo
Flowerlovestage5
#321HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 5:48pm

I’m sorry for my confusion; is Gavin coming back to the show when Bette returns or sooner as originally intended? 

Jazzman714
#322HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 6:08pm

SherrieByTheSea said: "Stage Door Sally said: "2 hours 40 minutes including one intermission."

"

But also keep in mind that this show usually begins about 10 minutes late (in order to more fairly enforce the 'no late seating' rule).  

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#323HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 6:09pm

Flowerlovestage5 said: "I’m sorry for my confusion;is Gavin coming back to the show when Bette returns or sooner as originally intended?"

Gavin is returning on May 8.

Dollypop
#324HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/29/18 at 6:11pm

Flowerlovestage5 said: "I’m sorry for my confusion;is Gavin coming back to the show when Bette returns or sooner as originally intended?

I was under the impression that he was returning May 8th. I hope there haven't been problems with his recuperation. 

"

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Videos