News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17- Page 9

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

Larry6417
#200HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/25/18 at 11:26pm

You haven't seen this production of HELLO DOLLY if you haven't seen Donna Murphy and Bernadette Peters in it.

I love Bette, but Bernadette and Donna are mining the script for more "gold" and their performances reflect that.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#201HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/25/18 at 11:43pm

Larry6417 said: "You haven't seen this production of HELLO DOLLY if you haven't seen Donna Murphy and Bernadette Peters in it.

I love Bette, but Bernadette and Donna are mining the script for more "gold" and their performances reflect that.
"

Donna is still mining the script for gold? Someone should tell her to stop already!

Guess I've seen it then... but I still prefer Bette. Unlike the Bette bashers, though, I had a good time seeing everyone else do their take on the role, especially for how much less I got to pay to see the others.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#202HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/26/18 at 8:02am

Relevance81491 said: "Robbie2 said: "Relevance81491 said: "Im curious when the tickets will go onsale. I read the 28th in multiplearticles about Bette's return, but when I called Telecharge to see if they knew what time or pricing, all the rep would say is that "we can not confrirm an onsale date". Im hoping that the particular rep i spoke with was simplyincompetent andi can get a cleareranswer when i call back tomorrow, otherwise Im just gong to have to swing by the box office"

why is she incompetent...she doesn't know and probably they won't know till the day before or day of
"

The rep i spoke to was incompetent because he should have atlas confirmed the on sale date and time that has already been released to the public.

When I called before Bette's original onsale, the rep gave me the onsale day/time and price breakdown by seat section and it really helped me out when it was time to actually purchase tickets (sounds silly, I know, but I like to have as much information as possible heading into a major on sale such as this)

"

...and none of this is likely their fault, so not sure why you’re blaming them. I have a feeling you’re a middle aged woman with a bob. People like you thinking the person that is directly waiting on you is at fault is incredibly annoying. Work retail or customer service for a day, thanks. And if you have, shame on you for being rude.

BWAY Baby2
#203HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/26/18 at 8:22am

You can count on it being at least as expensive as the first time around- probably more so. And the prices were sky high for the last few weeks- I assume it will match the absurd Springsteen prices.Theater like this is for the wealthy- period.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#204HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/26/18 at 6:36pm

I saw Bette's last 2 final performances in January.  I bought a ticket exactly a year ago in May when I was in NYC and saw the show for the first time - for that last performance on Jan 13th.  Then it was announced that Jan 13th would be her last show, so my gamble paid off.  Then the Actor's Fund added the last show, and I bought a ticket to that last show.

How many final shows will there be?  They could possibly extend another few weeks.  Time will tell.  

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#205HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/26/18 at 6:41pm

nealb1 said: "How many final shows will there be? They could possibly extend another few weeks. Time will tell."

It's really up to Bette at this point, she can sell tickets for another year of Dolly if she wanted, so if the six weeks is all she's doing, then that should wrap it up. For such a short run, it does seem unlikely they would add an extension, rather than go longer from the beginning. I'm following the same thinking as last time, she isn't going to extend beyond what she signed up to do. Even the Actors Fund show didn't really change her leaving the show on that day... technically. HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#206HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/26/18 at 6:45pm

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Broadway Fan26
#207HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/26/18 at 11:25pm

BWAY Baby2 said: "You can count on it being at least as expensive as the first time around- probably more so. And the prices were sky high for the last few weeks- I assume it will match the absurd Springsteen prices.Theater like this is for the wealthy- period."

How much were the tickets the first time around? Telecharge still has not posted the prices. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#208HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/27/18 at 12:30am

Toward the end of her run, regular prices front mezz and orchestra were $229.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#209HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/27/18 at 12:42am

No pricing, but the Dolly website now has the Bette days loaded on the calendar. They don't work when you click through to Telecharge, though.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#210HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/27/18 at 5:36am

haterobics said: "No pricing, but the Dolly website now has the Bette days loaded on the calendar. They don't work when you click through to Telecharge, though."

No alternate. Bette still doing 7 shows; Tuesday-Saturday.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

amaklo
#211HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/27/18 at 8:18am

According to the HD website, tickets for Bette's return dates will go on sale tomorrow (4/28) at 10AM.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#212HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/27/18 at 1:13pm

amaklo said: "According to the HD website, tickets for Bette's return dates will go on sale tomorrow (4/2HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17 at 10AM."

Here’s another thread where we’ve been discussing this as well. 

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1108976&page=1

:)

Updated On: 4/27/18 at 01:13 PM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#213HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:05am

Anybody else not getting through even when they select seats?

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#214HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:07am

The Telecharge site is definitely crashing. I keep getting an alert that here are no available ticketing sessions and to be patient. Really annoying.

Zamedy154
#215HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:09am

SAME. Thought I was golden. Selected a single seat in front row of balcony. There were tons of open seats. I click BUY and it tells me no seats are available. SO FRUSTRATING.

Fanboy99
#216HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:10am

I cant get through after I select a date.

The Pecan Sandies
#217HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:11am

Went through the app and got balcony tickets for the final show(Unless it extends). So excited!!

Flowerlovestage5 Profile Photo
Flowerlovestage5
#218HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:11am

That happened to me...just keep clicking the buy button for the seat you selected...it will go through.

I refreshed about 5 times or more.

Got my seat for the last performance (We hope....)

Rows A-E in the Mezz are all $229; center, right and left.... then $189 and $169 thereafter.

There were large sections of the orchestra and mezz not available (I was on right at 10am) .. they have definitely pulled seats, reserved for certain people invited, most likely.

BroadwayBeebe
#219HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:16am

Typical Telecharge. On right at 10, select my same seats from first preview and then they switch over to not letting you pick seats and they were gone. I’ll still be in the front row of the balcony for the final performance so can’t complain too much. I only paid $9 for similar seats compared to when I first saw Bette so I’m glad they didn’t do a huge markup for her return.

Updated On: 4/28/18 at 10:16 AM

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#220HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:17am

The "no ticketing sessions available" message doesn't mean the site crashed. It means that all of the ticketing sessions are being used and you need to wait until someone completes their session. I got the message and then tried again and got right through. Super exited!

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#221HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:20am

I don't think I breathed for 16 full minutes, but I eventually got through. And the prices weren't as terrible as I was expecting, thank goodness.

Closing night with Bette. I can hardly wait!!!

Feminenemy
#222HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:22am

Well i got to the point of entering my cc info and it said lost network connection - i was so upset - but i checked and i was charged so here's to hope it went through ? i haven't gotten any email from telecharge and it doesn't show in my orders so i have no idea what they have going on 

SherrieByTheSea
#223HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:23am

I had to do matinee and got Sat July 21 2pm

Left Orchestra Row E Seat 13. 

I've never been to that theatre. I hope I'm not too far over and have good view.

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#224HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/28/18 at 10:23am

Been trying since the dot of 10. Can't get past "No ticketing sessions available" so far. :/

Videos