News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 119

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

Showface
#2950Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/26/14 at 7:29pm

^I agree.

Into the Woods is going to do wonderfully at the Golden Globes...especially in the Musical/Comedy section

Meryl Streep will be nominated and probably will win the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Musical/Comedy. If Glenn Close got nominated for a globe in Dalmatians, then Meryl will probably win a globe for her much more meatier role as "The Witch"

At the Oscars:

Costume Design--Basically locked for a nom--always count in Colleen Atwood

Production Design & and Art Direction, I think have a chance

Sound Mixing is a good bet because it's a musical

I also think Streep has a chance of getting into the Supporting Actress for the Oscars (She goes from old and ugly, to beautiful which is a type of transformation that the Academy loves, it is Meryl Streep singing Sondheim...you cant really say that's not a good pairing to campaign)

But who knows....time will tell. But, other films better watch out...after the feauturette ITW, has now jumped up in consideration for many.

Showface
#2951Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/26/14 at 7:33pm

^ I also forgot to mention Makeup Design-- Roy Helland

Meryl Streep's transformation from old and ugly, with deepened, baggy eyes and narled teeth, to a beautiful woman with wonderful hair and makeup

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#2952Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/26/14 at 7:38pm

What about the criminally talented Dion Beebe for his cinematography? Can't forget about him. Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#2953Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/26/14 at 8:05pm

I don't think Streep will look like what we saw in the Character photos. I also find it a bit peculiar that people are predicting this for costume design, and yet can't help but blow chunks all over the Wolf costume.

ShakinBaconGirl
#2954Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/26/14 at 8:06pm

Double post Updated On: 10/26/14 at 08:06 PM

Showface
#2955Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/26/14 at 8:14pm

^It's already been confirmed by someone who went to the screening that is what Meryl will look like in the film (check the last page

"I also find it a bit peculiar that people are predicting this for costume design, and yet can't help but blow chunks all over the Wolf costume."

I LOVE the wolf's costume...and even if you don't like his design, the other costume designs should overshadow that one costume that is in the film for literally less than five minutes...

ShakinBaconGirl
#2956Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/26/14 at 8:23pm

They are keeping all that CGI on her face? yikes.

"I LOVE the wolf's costume...and even if you don't like his design, the other costume designs should overshadow that one costume that is in the film for literally less than five minutes... "

umm when did I say I didn't like it in my last post? I was providing commentary on the matter, not giving my personal opinion.. I think the ITW hype is getting a little too thick in this thread....yikes.

Updated On: 10/26/14 at 08:23 PM

Musical Master
#2957Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/26/14 at 8:37pm

^I don't think the movie will CGI Meryl's face, I think it will be subtle make-up ala Angelina Jolie in MALEFICENT.

Showface
#2958Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/26/14 at 9:20pm

"They are keeping all that CGI on her face? yikes. "

No, I do not think so. But her the makeup and hair will be the same. I didn't think I needed to spell that out any clearer, but I guess I did...
Also, this is the age of removing wrinkles and blemishes via CGI on film, so don't be surprised if that happens.

"umm when did I say I didn't like it in my last post? I was providing commentary on the matter, not giving my personal opinion.."

Okay, when I said "you" in my original post, I didn't mean *you* specifically, but I meant people who commented on his look *in general*. Sorry if that was too vague or unclear in my original post...

"I think the ITW hype is getting a little too thick in this thread....yikes."

And...exactly what's wrong with getting excited for a movie adaptation of my favorite musical?

Updated On: 10/26/14 at 09:20 PM

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#2959Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/26/14 at 9:41pm

Hey Showface, where did you read that quote about Anna Kendrick wanting to be the ingenue and making her voice sweeter and lighter and a true soprano? Because I'd like to read the whole thing.

jimmycurry01
#2960Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/26/14 at 9:42pm

"I think the ITW hype is getting a little too thick in this thread....yikes."

Isn't ITW hype the primary purpose of this thread?

MagicalMusical
#2962Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/26/14 at 10:54pm

Thank you Showface! I certainly do hope she has a beautiful Cinderella type voice in this and sings the original soprano key in this too!

ShakinBaconGirl
#2963Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/27/14 at 7:55am

"And...exactly what's wrong with getting excited for a movie adaptation of my favorite musical?"

Nothing, until you start getting defensive over one criticism of a movie you haven't seen yet.

Hex3 Profile Photo
Hex3
#2964Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/27/14 at 11:45am

This bickering is going to get very old very quickly. If you're tired of ITW hype, then I would suggest it be in your best interest to avoid the "Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread" for a bit.

ShakinBaconGirl
#2965Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/27/14 at 11:54am

You misunderstood. I have no problem with people being excited for this film ( I am excited also). But some here seem to be getting a bit defensive over little things. This happens with a lot of films. You want it to be SO GOOD and expectations become SO HIGH that people almost end up playing Mother bear to a film they know hardly anything about.

Most of the regulars have stayed away from this thread because it's just become a bit of a mess with bickering about "oh the witch gets dragged during last midnight" "no she doesn't, she dies" and blah blah blah. I think I will do the same as the regulars.

Showface
#2966Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/27/14 at 7:22pm

ShakinBaconGirl,

I believe there was a mis-communication.

In my original post, when I said:

"...and even if you don't like his design, the other costume designs should overshadow that one costume that is in the film for literally less than five minutes..."

That was not something against you, or me getting defensive on the Wolf's design. My intent was it for it to be a compliment to the overall costume desgin of the film. Basically saying: The overall costume design overshadows the brief appearance of the wolf's. That was me supporting my Best Costume prediction.
So...sorry that there was a mis-communication, but what can I say? It happens...Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

"it's just become a bit of a mess with bickering about "oh the witch gets dragged during last midnight" "no she doesn't, she dies" and blah blah blah"

I also don't see anything wrong with that. That debate between MagicalMusical, Hex3, and I was a friendly debate/discussion. Yes, it was a deep discussion, but being that this thread is open for "Discussion" on the film, and the entire Broadway Message Board is dedicated to "Discussion", I see nothing wrong with that...Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Side Note: I think I add WAY to many smilie-faces to my posts Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

ShakinBaconGirl
#2967Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/27/14 at 7:47pm

"That was not something against you, or me getting defensive on the Wolf's design. My intent was it for it to be a compliment to the overall costume desgin of the film. Basically saying: The overall costume design overshadows the brief appearance of the wolf's. That was me supporting my Best Costume prediction.
So...sorry that there was a mis-communication, but what can I say? It happens"

Thankyou for clearing that up :)

"I also don't see anything wrong with that. That debate between MagicalMusical, Hex3, and I was a friendly debate/discussion. Yes, it was a deep discussion, but being that this thread is open for "Discussion" on the film, and the entire Broadway Message Board is dedicated to "Discussion", I see nothing wrong with that"

You are correct. There is nothing wrong with it. It has to do with me not wanting to hear anything about this film unless it's official word. It's more my problem and I will deal with it as such :) Glad we could clear up the miscommunication.

Joviedamian
#2968Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/28/14 at 12:57am

Does anyone know if there are any more audio clips have been released? Most places where you will find the soundtrack for purchase does not list track listing or audio clips at this time (I am sure in time they will).

MagicalMusical
#2969Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/28/14 at 1:18am

Oh, now that I look at it Cinderella is not risking ruining her dress by sitting in the pitch because she's sitting on the part of the stairs not covered in pitch.

Showface
#2970Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/28/14 at 9:42pm

I'm suspecting that we are going to get something publicity related this week, then of course, next week we get the full trailer! With singing, of course, since we know they are not hiding it from the public anymore...Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Starship
#2971Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/28/14 at 9:57pm

I feel we'll definitely get big publicity blasts starting in the next 1-2 weeks. I didn't expect anything to come out during the Halloween season since the movie is coming out on Christmas.

Mrtrobz
#2972Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/30/14 at 1:06pm

New images were released today but they have already been online for a while, basically just the ones from EW. Trailer should release between Tomorrow and Wednesday, as tomorrow is Halloween I think that would be an appropriate drop date.

Musical Master
#2973Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/30/14 at 4:17pm

For those (out there) who still think that Streep's vocals are not up to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKiipwdaNp0

ShakinBaconGirl
#2974Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/30/14 at 4:34pm

I haven't heard anyone doubt Streep's vocals in this thread. But if that were the case, I don't think this video would be the best choice to change that opinion. Her voice is a bit shaky in this. I mean she was already in Mamma Mia, we all know she can belt it. Or at least, sound good belting with auto tune.

Updated On: 10/30/14 at 04:34 PM

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos